Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: February 20, 2017 02:23PM

Seen standing behind him, whispering in his ear:

GA D. Bedknobs...

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: poopstone ( )
Date: February 20, 2017 08:33PM

I'm not sure I would call him an idiot, The guys built a legacy to his name. He raised two sons who are likely making $200,000+ a year as surgeons. He was smart enough to realize how to set his family on the path to tremendous success. And that was to keep his helpmeet at home raising the kids.

“While I worked my fingers to the bone (with numerous extra side jobs) so my Wife could say in the home and raise our two Sons, who are now both Physician/Surgeons (plus one also has a Law Degree), I realize not everyone is so fortunate,”

He isn't fighting against equal pay but he's a patriot fighting against government interference and nonsense in our lives.

Who in their right minds want more laws?
Who wants to deal with more federal oversights?
More taxes, and demands?
More bureaucracy to make sure you obey?

(Oh ya, the left... I forgot)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/20/2017 08:35PM by poopstone.

Posted by: Loyalexmo ( )
Date: February 20, 2017 08:54PM

Dude. He LITERALLY SAID women should NOT receive equal pay for the same jobs. How is that NOT fighting against equal pay? His editorial had absolutely nothing to do with government interference. It was specifically about gender roles. He's a fucking patriot because he specifically says we should pay women less for the same exact work? Are you kidding me? I'm beginning to think you're just a troll who doesn't believe what you're saying.

I thought that anti-feminists' position was that the gender pay gap is a myth. Apparently it's not, because what you call a very smart man seems to believe it exists and wants it to continue.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/20/2017 08:56PM by Loyalexmo.

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: February 20, 2017 08:56PM

a Civil Society needs rules & regulations to have as common understandings among us as 'ground rules'.

Sometimes those are determined by dictators, sometimes be legislative bodies, and some by courts.

Without rules, anarchy takes the place of otherwise determined rules, guidelines, and understandings.

Of Course this means some loss of 'freedoms', but the greatest loss (no freedoms) occurs when we have no input in determining what the rules are.

Perhaps Poopstone would have us return to the 50's: segregated schools, housing, stores... nearly all facets of life; I hope not.

Posted by: Loyalexmo ( )
Date: February 20, 2017 08:58PM

And who in their right minds wants more laws? Well, I'm grateful for plenty of them that protect my husband through the ADA that allows him to enter stores and have jobs he wouldn't have been able to get into without ramps, protected my father and mother through labor laws that restricted their hours and protect me from the same, give me the right to vote, give everyone the right to ride the same damn bus...

Posted by: Brother Of Jerry ( )
Date: February 20, 2017 09:02PM

OK, first of all, you equate "tremendous success" with earning a high salary. I've known lots of people with high salaries that are complete jerks and plenty with low salaries that were salt of the earth.

"And that was to keep his helpmeet at home raising the kids"

Second, I have a good friend who is a single mom, and has been for about 25 years, and has a daughter who is an MD and a son with an MS. No helpmeet was staying home raising her kids. So I'm not buying your premise.

As for regulations - have you ever looked at the full NFL rule book? It runs to several hundred pages. Why so many rules? Because when someone figures out a new way to game the system, they have to add a new rule to take away the advantage of those gaming the system. There were no rules about the tear strength of football jerseys until some genius figured out that if they made the jerseys out of flimsy material, they would tear away, helping a player escape a tackle. So now there is a rule against tear-away jerseys.

Rules and oversight are created to keep people from gaming the system. Utahans in general hate that, and they routinely have people going to prison for financial fraud. They don't seem to connect that lack of rules allows fraud to flourish.

As for Mr Green being a patriot - no, he's an idiot. Even his own party realized instantly that he was political toxic waste, even in Utah, a place famous for being willing to tolerate toxic waste.

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: February 20, 2017 09:18PM

poopstone Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> (Oh ya, the left... I forgot)

You might consider that if idiots (yes, he's an idiot) didn't go around insisting that women didn't deserve equal rights to men, we wouldn't need laws enforcing the constitutional guarantee of equal treatment under the law.

So you brought this on yourself. Ironic, yes?

He's free to treat his wife like a celestial slave if he wants to. He's not free to impose that on everyone. Get it?

Posted by: catnip ( )
Date: February 22, 2017 01:36AM

Your salary depended on your pay grade, not your gender.

If you were a GS-5, you got paid as a GS-5. (There was additional pay for time-in-grade.)

If you were a GS-10, you got paid as a GS-10.

That was the LAW.

Posted by: midwestanon ( )
Date: February 22, 2017 09:30AM

He has to take a breather. It's a hard lot, when you're constantly posting vitriol and toxic sexist nonsense under the guise of patriotic conservative idealism. Too bad it's so poorly written and such thinly veiled bigotry that anyone with an IQ... above his can see it for the nonsense it is.

Posted by: GNPE1 ( )
Date: February 20, 2017 10:03PM

(poopstone takes a breather)

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.