Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: themaster ( )
Date: February 21, 2017 08:48PM

I spent the worst two years of my life in East Anglia and Kent during the mid 70's. I loved the country and the people, just hated the reason I was there. I am wondering if there are any Brits from East Anglia or Kent I may have spent time with during the mid 70's. Most of the branchs had about 10 Donny girls and no guys. Go figure.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Britboy ( )
Date: February 22, 2017 06:52AM

I was in Essex in that period and my ex wife was in Kent during that period! What branches or wards did you serve in?

Date: February 22, 2017 10:16PM

Canterbury and Dover. Actually outside of them both but that is where the branches were.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/23/2017 03:38AM by themaster.

Date: February 23, 2017 06:08AM

My ex wife was in Margate branch now dissolved. But we had friends in Whitstable that attended Canterbury branch . They were called the Strabane. My friend was Branch President at Canterbury . His name is Wellard. Did you know any of them?

Date: February 23, 2017 10:58PM

Britboy Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> My ex wife was in Margate branch now dissolved.
> But we had friends in Whitstable that attended
> Canterbury branch . They were called the Strabane.
> My friend was Branch President at Canterbury . His
> name is Wellard. Did you know any of them?

When I was in Canterbury we had a Senior Missionary that worked with the branch. He may have been the Branch President. I think Whitatable isn't where the Zone Leaders lived. We also had a branch in Sheerness. There was a prison there and I was assigned to go visit the Americans that were in prison there.

Date: February 24, 2017 07:05AM

Sheerness branch is no more as is Margate, Dover because Deal ward. So not much growth in 40 years!

Posted by: poopstone ( )
Date: February 23, 2017 08:32AM

I'm mostly brit in my dna, lets just say but, nope I'm not from those regions at all that I know of, My people are from Manchester surrounding areas, and the landed-gentry (Normans) that settled around Sommerset.

I had an uncle that was in London at the time of Princess Di and Charles magnificent virgin wedding. His experiences might have been similar to Masters? In those days it was only 18 month missions, there wasn't equalizing contributions so American families had to pay the entire room and board bills.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/23/2017 08:36AM by poopstone.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.