Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: themaster ( )
Date: February 28, 2017 07:49AM

If a couple is married in the Temple have a child (BIC) and then one of the parents leaves the marriage because they are gay, would the BIC child be considered an Apostate by the Mormon Church? What if the BIC child had been blessed before the parent went gay? What if the BIC child was baptized before parent went gay? Would the BIC child remain a member? If the BIC child was a male, would he be denied the Aaronic Priesthood? Does being BIC with all the blessings of being BIC protect the child from being an Apostate or is the blessing of being BIC worthless if the parent is Gay?

Does the Mormon God love children with a Gay Parent?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: February 28, 2017 08:07AM

Posted by: poopstone ( )
Date: February 28, 2017 09:02AM

Only apostate if they live with a gay couple. The bretheren worry that a gay couple will teach the wrong values to a child, and a child won't be raised "right". The child may become lawless, and a full fledged liberal (or anarchist).

Posted by: badassadam ( )
Date: February 28, 2017 09:33AM

Nice coming from one of the most dangerous brainwashing cults.

Posted by: readwrite ( )
Date: February 28, 2017 09:31AM

Yes- it seems. Nothing ever changes in tscc... except everything.

Their strictures: manbearpig will be punished for his own sins (even moron sins) and NOT for Adams transgressions, transvestites, transactions, whatever it is. Maybe it's Eve's TransAm.

Posted by: NormaRae ( )
Date: February 28, 2017 10:00AM

I know of this exact same situation--children were BIC and blessed. The marriage broke up for the obvious reason that the mother was lesbian. She left her husband for her current wife.

They were ok with the grandparents taking the 2 kids to church, in fact wanted them to be raised in the church, but the mother had been ex'd. They put a stop to that, however, a year plus ago when they knew their daughter was soon to be subject of horrible discrimination because she would have to watch all her friends be baptized and be told that she wasn't worthy enough. Interestingly, the grandparents are so devastated that I wouldn't be surprised to see them leave, and they have been very TBM and have served a mission together.

Posted by: themaster ( )
Date: February 28, 2017 10:53PM

I believe this happening to way more grandparents than anyone in the GA group realized. It would be hard on grandparents for their child to be exed because of sexual preference (gay) but to then name their grandchild an apostate and deny them membership will push many grandparents over the edge.

Me thinks this is another example the Big 15 receive NO revelation from any god and especially no revelation from the Mormon God. A god would not be so stupid but stupid men do as stupid does.

My version of god loves children not hurt them. How about you?

Posted by: cinda ( )
Date: March 01, 2017 06:29PM

I'm having a difficulty with the OP saying, twice, "before the parent went gay"??

Posted by: Yarc ( )
Date: March 01, 2017 06:41PM

cinda Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I'm having a difficulty with the OP saying, twice,
> "before the parent went gay"??

Oh dear, did the special snowflake get triggered? Better run to the nearest safe space. Wah.

Posted by: liesarenotuseful ( )
Date: March 01, 2017 07:02PM

right, people don't "go, or went gay." They come out, telling that they are gay.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.