Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: scootergirl57 ( )
Date: March 04, 2017 01:27PM

My TBM friend said today "my eye is infected and hurts but im glad cause I dont have to go to the temple and can get caught up on housework, but I just love going." She goes every Sat. She wont take off one Sat to do something with me.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: getbusylivin ( )
Date: March 04, 2017 01:56PM

She goes every Saturday? That's scary.

The word that comes to mind is "bulimia." But instead of eating a big meal and then sticking a finger down her throat to make herself vomit, your friend lives in the real, normal, totally fine and nutritious world, then goes to the temple, which is the equivalent of sticking a finger down her throat to upchuck all that scary reality.

Posted by: eye see it now ( )
Date: March 04, 2017 02:30PM

So your friend is really saying,

"I'd rather have a painful eye infection than go to temple."

Sucks to be her.

Posted by: badassadam ( )
Date: March 04, 2017 03:20PM

Temple is a scary place

Posted by: frankie ( )
Date: March 04, 2017 03:43PM

Damn, she needs a hobby.

Posted by: incognitotoday ( )
Date: March 04, 2017 03:51PM

You may want to consider inviting her for dinner every Thusday evening. Leave some raw chicken out for a few days and make some kind of chicken meal. After a few weeks she may begin to associate Saturday with diarrhea. I'm just saying....

Posted by: readwrite ( )
Date: March 04, 2017 03:55PM

She's saying, in essence, she is SICK and TIRED of going to the temple. One day she will wake up and not be sick, and get to spend time with you.

Posted by: seamaiden ( )
Date: March 04, 2017 04:29PM

This is the second time I have heard something like this. Mormons doing things they don't want to do so they can keep the holier then thou attitude.

There was a young man at my church who went on a mission, I had maybe been active for about 2 years at this point. Saw him when I showed up for F/T meeting and he had crutches.I know he went to Utah for his mission. I asked him when he was going back out and he said "I am not!" which shocked me he was honest about it, but thinking about it now It doesn't. I ran into him at a bar a couple times, not to drink we both went for karaoke night. I have never seen anyone more thrilled to break their leg.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.