Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: themaster ( )
Date: March 07, 2017 05:20AM

The approved LDS pictures of Jesus (I heard an Urban Myth one of the prophets said the picture looks similar to how Jesus looks) is a manicured man about 6 foot three inches tall. Do you believe the LDS approved picture of Jesus is what he looks like?

Does Jesus really look more like a 5' 4" skinny Syrian refugee with frizzy hair and a big nose?

If you believe there really is a Jesus would still believe he was a "God" if he was a short skinny frizzy hair Syrian refugee with a big nose?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/07/2017 10:04PM by themaster.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: spintobear ( )
Date: March 07, 2017 05:47AM

The BS I was fed as a kid was that he had to have been a very large man because he needed the muscles and strength to be a carpenter. I've seen plenty of hard-working carpenters that are laborers and are small and skinny.

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: March 07, 2017 06:11AM

Malibu Jesus is my favorite. He looks like the Dude. Or Duderino if you like.

Posted by: nonmo_1 ( )
Date: March 07, 2017 07:05AM

This is what the History Channel thinks Jesus did or would have looked like

http://www.popularmechanics.com/science/health/a234/1282186/

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: March 07, 2017 08:45AM

"Jesus" doesn't look like anything. "Jesus" doesn't exist.
If there WAS an "historical" Jesus, nobody knows what he looked like. Nobody alive when he supposedly was drew a portrait.

Posted by: Babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: March 07, 2017 08:59AM

Some people have seen Jesus in dreams. I think they see what they expect. The artist who painted the Mormon Jesus with the gym membership was apparently more interested in marketing. My favorite rendition is South Park Jesus.

Posted by: poopstone ( )
Date: March 07, 2017 08:57AM

I think he was a big guy. Reason being that the Jews usually were very selective in the marrying process. They were fairly racist people back in the day. So the progenitors would have been tall blue eyes, blonde (and brunette) people etc. In the past there were lots of white looking people that lived all over Babylon, Egypt, India. Of course they all got intermarried or moved away and what we have now is a lot of brown people in those areas. The whites fled north to Russia and Northern Europe and now the brown people are who aren't quite as rich are trying to migrate into Europe at record numbers. It will be interesting to see what happens over time.

Some scientists say the white race is disappearing and call it "white genocide." The Nazis were afraid of this happening.

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: March 07, 2017 09:07AM

poopstone Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Some scientists say the white race is disappearing
> and call it "white genocide." The Nazis were
> afraid of this happening.

Scientists have shown very clearly that "race" is a social construct, not a genetic one. And that skin color changes don't make for a separate "race."

Try again. There's nothing special or divine about humans with less melanin.

Posted by: Nightingale ( )
Date: March 08, 2017 12:09AM

What more does one post need?

Posted by: Tevai ( )
Date: March 08, 2017 01:05AM

poopstone Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I think he was a big guy. Reason being that the
> Jews usually were very selective in the marrying
> process. They were fairly racist people back in
> the day.

Obviously not the truth, since ancient Jews (originally from what is now (more or less) the state of Israel) intermarried with black Africans beginning in OT times...

...and began intermarrying with people from the Indian sub-continent (all shades of skin) soon after...

...and when Jews got to Asia they began intermarrying with the Asian peoples (easy example: Kai Feng Jews)...

plus, in addition, just about any peoples anywhere that Jews could get to [which means that Native Americans, for example, have no known Jewish ancestry until about the 1500s, when the Jews arrived---often in the form of "anusim"/"Marranos," a.k.a. "hidden Jews," as a result of the Iberian Expulsion]. (Other peoples who, as groups, are not known to have any Jewish ancestry are Polynesians, Australian aborigines, Eskimos, etc., because they were out of the range of historical Jewish explorers and traders until the last few centuries.)

In other words, it is known that Jews were intermarrying with the peoples of the Middle East, Africa, and Eurasia in ancient times, and new Jewish families (with newly-blended DNA) began soon after Jews arrived. Go to Israel today and you will see all the different "racial groups" whose Jewish ancestry goes back, often, to literally OT times, as well as NT times, and continues right up to today, in a nearly complete spectrum of human racial types.

> So the progenitors would have been tall
> blue eyes, blonde (and brunette) people etc.

Just like Jesus, eh? ;) ;) ;)

> In the past there were lots of white looking people
> that lived all over Babylon, Egypt, India. Of
> course they all got intermarried...

Often, to Jews.

> ...or moved away and what we have now is a lot of
> brown people in those areas.

Yes, but the "brown people" are often quite white-looking, as well as quite black-looking, and more often than you probably realize, quite Asian-looking too.

> Some scientists say the white race is disappearing
> and call it "white genocide."

I bet that, in addition to "some scientists," there is also an RfM poster who says this same thing, too. ;)

Over time (the next few centuries), it is likely there is going to be a great deal more blending towards the median for most humans, because human nature isn't likely to change anywhere near as rapidly as apparent race does...

...and, after all, this is what we (as a species) have been doing all along, ever since we last split off from our ancestral primate forebears.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/08/2017 01:16AM by Tevai.

Posted by: NormaRae ( )
Date: March 07, 2017 10:02AM

Nay, neither. Just a regular ol 6' tanned surfer dude with sunstreaked hair.

Posted by: getbusylivin ( )
Date: March 07, 2017 06:14PM

I try not to judge people based on their appearance, which is why I prefer to imagine Jesus as looking like Jabba the Hutt.

It's a challenge some times. I mean, once he's nailed to the cross, you pretty much need a forklift or some other heavy equipment to get the cross upright.

Posted by: Done & Done ( )
Date: March 07, 2017 07:08PM

I say you can assign your fantasy any features you like.

And, a short skinny frizzy hair Syrian refugee with a big nose could still be dreamy and hot. Why not? Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. He can be god even with that description. As long as he is still turning water into a nice chardonnay or caberet I will worship.

For my God all I really want is a dazzling smile, kind eyes, and to know that he's lost all interest in plagues of frogs and rivers of blood and killing first borns and giving people boils. On the other hand, I can live with the turning staffs into snakes and walking on water and I'm okay with serving loaves and fish for dinner at least once a week as long as he's still sitting with us sinners.

Date: March 08, 2017 12:06AM

Kind eyes and Chardonnay. Surely the makings of a fabulous relationship.

Nice.

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: March 07, 2017 09:16PM

I'd put a fiver on him looking like a Syrian.

Date: March 08, 2017 12:04AM

The friendly new Canadians in my neighbourhood, who had to leave their Syrian homes due to circumstances beyond their control {{cough}} are (1) taller than me; (2) straight-haired like me; (3) smaller-nosed than me.

So OK. Maybe I have a big nose. And I'm Anglo-Saxon through and through. Or maybe just Anglo. Or Saxon. Who really knows.

They are not "white-looking" true enough.

But if you want to see some gorgeous women, look no further. And I could melt into the deep brown eyes of the men.

Beauty meet beholder.

Posted by: paisley70 ( )
Date: March 08, 2017 01:51AM

Jesus was a perfect 182.88 cm in height, or a perfect 6' tall according to latter-day revelation! He was a giant of a man, back in his day. A giant, blonde, surfer sunstreaked-hair dude, with a rubber band around his wrist. And smelled like coconut. Which was quite exotic for his time. But he was sponsored and had to look good and smell good at all times.

And that's the end of my fourth-grade story. Goodnight.

Posted by: tumwater ( )
Date: March 08, 2017 02:07AM

According to examination of the Shroud of Turin, he was between 5'7" and 6'2" and muscular.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shroud_of_Turin

Posted by: Trails end ( )
Date: March 08, 2017 08:29AM

Yup just saw his dopple ganger last week...it was mahmouds cousin abdul...they were going for coffee at Mcdonalds cuz its a dollar and not too bad if i do say so...as to the shroud being proof ...the provenance just doesnt fit...what it does fit is the templars being sacked on black friday by philip the fair and the catlic church...from memory ...the head templar was crucified because they didnt believe in the Christ story due mainly to something found during excavations in jerusalem...fascinating series of events and carbon dating seems to put the shroud in that time period...great book called The Second Messiah relates quite the theory regarding the shroud...seems as plausible as any theory...so many theories...so little time...and most of the proof and witnesses seem to be gone...just like the tobago plates and all those angels with swords...and nobodys seen gawd or jeebus since...imagine that...though he does seem to show up on toast every so often

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.