Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: an exmo ( )
Date: March 08, 2017 06:24PM

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/03/08/huntsman-to-be-russia-ambassador.html

I hope this thread doesn't turn political. I just think its awesome when people who are postMormons can be put in positions to accomplish great things.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QKsKbUjqweE

Not a TBM in the world would dare call their family that was started by temple marriage as "hybrid". Also keep in mind that Huntsman was governor of Utah where its political suicide to be "exmo".

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Strength in the Loins ( )
Date: March 08, 2017 06:47PM

Is Huntsman a post Mormon? To my knowledge he has never renounced the church. He would be more accurately classified as NOM or a jackMo I think. I'm pretty sure he doesn't believe but he's keeping one foot in and one foot out. After all, politics means trying to be all things to all people.

I believe that a couple of his very attractive daughters have formally left the church though. Huntsman's grandfather was an apostle - David B. Haight. (FWIW, I kind of liked Haight - wasn't a pharisical asshole like Packer or Benson. He was still guilty of perpetuating a fraud, but at least he wasn't a total dick about it.)

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: March 08, 2017 07:02PM

I like him. He is an experienced diplomat. I think he is a good pick for this posting.

Posted by: Shummy ( )
Date: March 08, 2017 07:28PM

Probably the closest we'll get these days to a statesman worthy of the title.

I don't hold his bic status against him one bit.

An everyman with a touch of class unlike political hack Rawmoney who wouldn't know class if it bit his ass.

In any event it will be epic watching him go mano a mano with Vlad.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 03/08/2017 07:35PM by Shummy.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.