Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: DemonPossessed ( )
Date: March 11, 2017 12:55AM

A demon once "jumped" into me from behind. Seriously. I could feel it. An I went totally "blind" for about five seconds afterwards, and I was driving. Then I got an overwhelming URGE to harm the girl I was driving home, but, I didn't. But the urge was strong.

Weeks later, the girl told me that some demon was after her, whispering in her ear to kill herself. Well, we used Jesus' name to cast him out, and the girl was fine, no longer suicidal, and I no longer had that URGE. True story.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: March 11, 2017 04:01AM

I suggest you wrench your mind in other directions. Don't fall prey to these impulses. You're the boss of your own body and mind and need to stay focused on what uplifts you.

Date: March 11, 2017 04:19AM

Dear Cheryl,

1) never had those feelings before.

2) never had them again, after the demon was cast out. I keep in touch with the woman, maybe once a year. After we cast out the demon, using the name "Jesus of Nazareth" she never heard the voice again, and she is going to school now to become a paralegal and doing quite well.

Cheryl Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I suggest you wrench your mind in other
> directions. Don't fall prey to these impulses.
> You're the boss of your own body and mind and need
> to stay focused on what uplifts you.

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: March 11, 2017 05:33AM

Posted by: Here24 ( )
Date: March 11, 2017 04:03AM

What was your "sin" that gave the demon the legal right to enter you?

Date: March 11, 2017 04:21AM

Other than masterbation, I can't think of any "sin" I was involved in at the time. Didn't drink. Didn't take drugs. After the demon was cast out, I never had that "urge" again, and she never heard the voice "Kill yourself" again. She's doing fine now and finishing an AA degree in Paralegal. No, she was never my girlfriend.

Here24 Wrote:
> What was your "sin" that gave the demon the legal
> right to enter you?

Posted by: ragnar ( )
Date: March 11, 2017 06:21AM

Seriously, your "demon" came from within you. Because of your upbringing and what you had been taught by religion, you attributed these symptoms to demon possession instead of a transient mental/mood disorder. One possible candidate is schizophrenia, the symptoms of which often begin to manifest in late adolescence. True.

“Schizophrenia is characterized by profound disruption in cognition and emotion, affecting the most fundamental human attributes: language, thought, perception, affect, and sense of self. The array of symptoms, while wide ranging, frequently includes psychotic manifestations, such as hearing internal voices or experiencing other sensations not connected to an obvious source (hallucinations) and assigning unusual significance or meaning to normal events or holding fixed false personal beliefs (delusions). No single symptom is definitive for diagnosis; rather, the diagnosis encompasses a pattern of signs and symptoms, in conjunction with impaired occupational or social functioning”

http://schizophrenia.com/diag.php#common

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/11/2017 06:22AM by ragnar.

Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: March 11, 2017 09:14AM

One of my brothers swears he saw a demon in his house where he lived with his wife and newborn infant. The baby was in a cradle next to their bed.

During the night my brother awoke to see a black hooded figure entering their bedroom as it was levitating over the baby's cradle for a few moments. My brother observed as it then shifted its focus from the infant to the couple as they lay nearby.

My brother stared into its hideous face for a moment as it levitated over him. Brother said "it" had dark holes for eyes, and a slit where its mouth should have been. He knew the form whatever it was, was a dark and evil presence in their house that night. It scared the living bejeepers out of him.

Soon after that they moved away from there. He checked with his neighbors to see what they knew about the place. I don't believe he could find there'd been any murder take place there or anything. He never understood what that cloaked figure was other than an evil spirit.

Out of all his neighbors the only thing my brother learned after checking with them was he was the only non-observant and not really religious fellow on the block. He was also the only one who did not keep a bible in his house. We're the only two siblings out of our immediate family to leave the LDS church. We both resigned officially. He did actually years before I did.

He still believes in God and an afterlife. With his second family they do observe but in more of a non-denominational sort of way.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/11/2017 09:55AM by Amyjo.

Posted by: Red ( )
Date: March 11, 2017 03:42PM

This sort of sounds like a sleep paralysis incident. I have had several over my life. The first of which as a small child, one as an adolescent, a truly terrifying one as a young adult that occurred during a particularly stressful time, and at least two others as an older person. The one's early in life involved seeing a, for lack of a better term, a dark, demonic "specter". The description you mentioned is pretty close to what I "saw" and it indeed scared the ever living crap out of me.

After the indictment in early adulthood, I did a lot of reading on the phenomenon and found it is a common ailment. Some people who have suffered from them describe a malevolent being they can either see or somehow perceive. The culture of the patient often shapes what the being is, so there are reports of ghosts, demons, an old hag, aliens, elves, etc. As I came from a Judea-Christian background, my mind, evidently, filled in a demonic entity. There is, of course, nothing supernatural about the events. After I was familiar with the science behind it, the ones I experienced as an adult were more annoying that frightening.

Anyway, there is quite a bit of information online about the phenomenon and there are medical treatments, should it be necessary.

Cheers.

Posted by: Babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: March 11, 2017 09:38AM

My ex could see demons. They are especially common when people are fighting. They are repelled by peacefulness.

Who knows, maybe we're all subject to demons from time to time. You just happened to encounter a powerful one. I prefer to call on Sam and Dean Winchester, but Jesus will do in a pinch.

If consciousness is outside the brain, as can be scientifically demonstrated, it can plausibly survive death. If the consciousness of a really sucky person survives death, there's your demon. So, don't buy any Good Boy dolls.

Posted by: KiNeverMo ( )
Date: March 11, 2017 10:58AM

Could you post some references to the scientific demonstrations? I'd be interested in looking into that. Thanks!

Posted by: valkyriequeen ( )
Date: March 11, 2017 11:20AM

I had a terrifying experience one night when I was about 14 years old. I wasn't asleep, wide awake because I had a "bad feeling". A black human shape ( it was darker than the dark room) hovered about a foot or two directly above me. Then it laughed out loud and believe me, I'll never forget the sound of it! I prayed inside for help and immediately, the thing left my room. On a lighter note, I can say that I indeed was friends with "Satan". Our neighbor's German Shepherd's name was Satan, and he was mean to everyone except me! We were the best of pals.

Posted by: spiritist ( )
Date: March 11, 2017 12:50PM

Interesting how RFM'rs like to make up their own meanings for words. Sorry, but 'Demon possessed' doesn't mean an urge or a bad feeling it means 'possessed'. So, I see 'no cases' of so called 'demon possession' here.

Definition: Unlike in channelling (but channeling can be a doorway such as a ouija board) or other so called 'harmless' forms of possession, "the subject has no control over the possessing entity" and so it will persist until forced to leave the victim, usually through a form of exorcism.

I believe I have experienced a number of 'spirits' during the last few years sometimes just at random, during astral projection, meditation, or when trying to channel.

However, none ever 'possessed' me. Also, none were 'demons'. Are demons dark spirits? Do they tell you they are demons? Maybe there are 'bad' spirits like 'bad' people but 'demons' really? I don't know what that means ---- spirits from the non existent 'devil' and controlled by the non existent god 'christ'?? ---- interesting thought!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/11/2017 12:55PM by spiritist.

Date: March 12, 2017 03:41AM

Something from behind, not physical, jumped into me. I felt that very clearly. never had any experience before or after like. Right after, went black for five seconds, while I was driving, at night. Then got a overwhelming urge to kill the girl. Thankfully, i fought it. I did not harm her at all. Cast out the demon, no more urge. She told me that something was whispering in her ear, many times, over several years "Kill yourself, and be with us." I had her use the name of Jesus to cast it out. The voice went away forever. That's what happened.

spiritist Wrote:
> Interesting how RFM'rs like to make up their own
> meanings for words. Sorry, but 'Demon possessed'
> doesn't mean an urge or a bad feeling it means
> 'possessed'. So, I see 'no cases' of so called
> 'demon possession' here.
>
> Definition: Unlike in channelling (but channeling
> can be a doorway such as a ouija board) or other
> so called 'harmless' forms of possession, "the
> subject has no control over the possessing entity"
> and so it will persist until forced to leave the
> victim, usually through a form of exorcism.
>
> I believe I have experienced a number of 'spirits'
> during the last few years sometimes just at
> random, during astral projection, meditation, or
> when trying to channel.
>
> However, none ever 'possessed' me. Also, none
> were 'demons'. Are demons dark spirits? Do they
> tell you they are demons? Maybe there are 'bad'
> spirits like 'bad' people but 'demons' really? I
> don't know what that means ---- spirits from the
> non existent 'devil' and controlled by the non
> existent god 'christ'?? ---- interesting thought!

Posted by: Exmoron ( )
Date: March 11, 2017 12:57PM

So the demon jumped in from behind you as you were driving the car? Did it hurt?

I am really glad you didn't hurt that girl. Obviously you have incredible control over your impulses even when a demon is inside you. If you ever feel like harming someone again, don't hesitate to seek help.

Date: March 11, 2017 03:39PM

Yes, I was not mad at this girl at all. I just met her a week before. Not a girlfriend at all. Just an acquaintance. Never had such an "urge" before, never had it again. She had tried to commit suicide several times, and had scars on her wrists. She said a demon was telling her "Kill yourself, and be with us". Well, after invoking the name "Jesus of Nazareth" I no longer had any such urge, and she no longer heard the disincarnate voice. And that was six year ago.

Regarding this "problem"the name Jesus of Nazareth worked just fine. There was a Mormon psychologist (Ph.D.) who started casting out evil spirits, and it worked wonders with his patients/clients. He started talking about that at Firesides, so the Church had him excommunicated for "priestcraft". Forgot his name.

Exmoron Wrote:
> So the demon jumped in from behind you as you were
> driving the car? Did it hurt?
>
> I am really glad you didn't hurt that girl.
> Obviously you have incredible control over your
> impulses even when a demon is inside you. If you
> ever feel like harming someone again, don't
> hesitate to seek help.

Date: March 11, 2017 03:44PM

I felt "something" jump inside of me, from behind me. It caused me to go blind for five seconds, and I was driving, and this was at night. So, it wasn't Sun glare. It did not hurt, but felt very, very strange. Then I suddenly got, out of nowhere, an OVERWHELMING URGE to kill the girl in the car. I fought it. Later, I cast out the demon and told her to do the same using "Jesus of Nazareth". In the Name of Jesus of Nazareth, I command all evil spirits to leave my body and not return!" Three times. I did, and the urge left me, immediately. She did, and the "voice" that told her to kill herself, never came back. We communicate about once a year now. She is doing fine, and so am I.

Posted by: paintinginthewin ( )
Date: March 11, 2017 01:29PM

Do gifts or particular talents just show up- untaught

Maybe this is gifting or channeling along the family tree... unmet unknown unseen.

Date: March 11, 2017 02:03PM

Interesting question!

In my case no 'experience' skills or tendencies seem to run in the family. Actually, my brother and sister when they heard about my 'stories' thought I was crazy. That is until my sister had one. Now she is much more open for some reason. Normally, these experiences happen to people that need help or are in danger.

I have had experiences (visions, strong impressions, voices, knowing, etc.) all my life. However, I never had 'many' experiences consistently until after Mormonism I decided to study psychics, psi, intuition, mediumship, channeling, astral projection, remote viewing, etc. etc.

After studying about these things some started to work very gradually then others started kicking in until I experienced almost everything at least once. Astral projection took me at least 24 attempts then I never saw or felt my astral body but one author stated I didn't need my astral body to do astral projections.

Then these experiences started tapering off and I still get a lot of stuff minor but very helpful and less often from what I had experienced a few months ago.

I still practice getting 'intuitive' information by practicing my evolving form of remote viewing (started out at 1 hour each and now do one in 3-5 minutes. Hopefully, that helps keep my 'sensing abilities' up but I never know if I receive more information than what I do perceive ----- they all don't always come in an obvious way.

Fortunately, I do not discuss my experiences with people clearly on drugs or otherwise mentally incapacitated such as below. They read what I write and come up with only 'incoherent drivel'. I am relating 'personal experiences'. I did not get these from reading a book by some 'scholar', scientists that cannot prove or adequately explain what is observable by many, or others/self opinions based on 'nothing' that people without 'experiences' must rely on.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/11/2017 06:30PM by spiritist.

Posted by: midwestanon ( )
Date: March 11, 2017 03:35PM

Your siblings aren't the only one who think you're crazy for the stories you tell. Crazy isn't the right word, may be ignorant, or just willfully uninformed.

Date: March 11, 2017 04:09PM

Spiritist isn't crazy or uninformed to be intuitive or in developing his sixth sense. We all have one by some degree. Some people's are more highly developed than others.

You make fun of that which you do not understand. Instead of insulting the person, why not just counter his ideas?

Ever heard of Lily Dale?

http://www.nsac.org/LilyDale.php

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/11/2017 04:10PM by Amyjo.

Date: March 11, 2017 07:23PM

The paranormal is part of an access to higher dimensional physics that co-evolved with early life. It's baked into us. That these higher dimensions exist is still theoretical in mainstream physics, but these ideas have a lot of traction. The important part is that no deities are required for the things spiritist describes to work.

Date: March 11, 2017 07:44PM

Even though no deities are directly involved in any of my experiences. I still believe in a God (not biblical) who I am/was a part of ---- now just a little more separated. Even though I have communicated with 'spirits', none were God.

Even though my life is fairly routine, I have used 'whatever ability I have' and saved $1,000 this year on an investment I 'knew' would not succeed even though the numbers available said otherwise. Saved hundreds on 'training' I won by 'receiving/correctly guessing' numbers that would be selected. And avoided danger by following 'strong impressions'. Having remote viewing pics (pop. of 500) come into my mind very clearly when guessing which pic was selected randomly by the computer ----- this doesn't happen often though normally I get the colors from the pic then guess which of 4 pics was the correct one. I could list a number of other minor things but they are only of interest to me in my life.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/11/2017 07:53PM by spiritist.

Posted by: Qween Bea ( )
Date: March 11, 2017 02:29PM

Have you thought before that maybe your lack of faith in the one true God and savior and his church is what allowed demons to get into you?

Sometimes I wonder why it's so hard for people to see this!!!

Date: March 11, 2017 03:34PM

You mean a demon got into me because I was no longer a Mormon, or because I was not a Catholic, or because I was not an Evangelical?

I believed in God when this happened. I still do. All I can tell you is what I experienced. I can't prove anything to you or anybody else.

Qween Bea Wrote:
> Have you thought before that maybe your lack of
> faith in the one true God and savior and his
> church is what allowed demons to get into you?
>
> Sometimes I wonder why it's so hard for people to
> see this!!!

Date: March 11, 2017 04:18PM

She sure does sound like a Mopologist to me!

Bombz away! She came to the right place if she wants to get love bombed with the truth of all things about the cult and horny Joe. She may not be ready for it, by the sounds of it.

Milk before meat, remember? ;)

Posted by: ericka ( )
Date: March 11, 2017 08:53PM

This is how I feel about my experience. I don't know what brought it on. I don't know what 'it' was. I've never had that experience again.

What I do know for sure is that I don't want this to happen again. What other people believe or think doesn't change the experience one iota. The 4 other people in the room had the same experience except for the one that was targeted had it much worse. We were all TBM at the time. 3 out of the 5 are no longer TBM, but I don't think that had anything to do with it.

I don't tell my story to entertain, or for the skeptics. I tell it so other people who may have experienced something similar know they aren't the only ones who have experienced something like that.

I make no attempt to explain it, because I can't. The closest i've come to an explanation is that there was a murder in that building before I lived there. That may, or may not have anything to do with what happened. I don't know.

Date: March 11, 2017 04:17PM

Qween Bea Wrote:
> Have you thought before that maybe your lack of
> faith in the one true God and savior and his
> church is what allowed demons to get into you?

And that one true church would be which one? There are something like 33,000+ extant Christian denominations, sects, etc.

Date: March 11, 2017 07:10PM

if you could only see from the outside that you're STILL possessed. I pray that if you're in there, the real you - that you'll seek out the priesthood to so they can touch your soul with the holy ghost and get that ghastly demon thing out of you!!!!!!

Date: March 11, 2017 07:40PM

I hope the mods don't delete your posts queenie. They're too much fun. Yeah, lots of possession going on here in the outer darkness of exmo land. But let's suppose the Priesthood works because somebody believes they have the power to act in the name of God. Well, that's why it works. Belief is the only reason it can work because no angel ever visited Joseph Smith. And, being the skirt chasing poonhound and lying megalomaniac he was, his priesthood wouldn't have stuck. It's Dumbo's magic feather. Anyone, anywhere, with sufficient belief to call upon the collective good can cast out demons. Christ is a good focal point in any Christian sect.

Date: March 11, 2017 10:19PM

Qween Bea Wrote:
> if you could only see from the outside that you're
> STILL possessed.

I'm still possessed? Wow, that must be the most subtle possession ever. If Lucifer finds out, that demon is going to have hell to pay with their HR department down there.

> I pray that if you're in there,
> the real you - that you'll seek out the priesthood

I'm not sure of a lot of things in life, but I am positive the "real" me is going to stay as far away from the priesthood as humanly possible.

> to so they can touch your soul with the holy ghost
> and get that ghastly demon thing out of you!!!!!!

Good call. Until then I am going to continue to sip this Heineken and chortle.

Date: March 12, 2017 03:36AM

I have no urge to harm anyone. I treat all with honesty and compassion. I am honest to all. I do not think I am still possessed. I think my posession was very short duration. Jesus' name sufficed. I needed no Mormon Elder to cast out the evil spirit.

Qween Bea Wrote:
> if you could only see from the outside that you're
> STILL possessed. I pray that if you're in there,
> the real you - that you'll seek out the priesthood
> to so they can touch your soul with the holy ghost
> and get that ghastly demon thing out of you!!!!!!

Posted by: paintinginthewin ( )
Date: March 11, 2017 07:35PM

Maybe that's what's going on. When you were baptized and confirmed, the man layed his hands upon your head and said: receive the Holy Ghost.

That's what happened. It's the church's friendly spirit they talk about it all the time. Scratches her about now. Maybe other people think it's a demon. The friendly ghost. No, that's Casper the friendly ghost not the Holy Ghost, from confirmation.

And then people at church get upset about simple channeling. Lol they do it all the time, it's they teach their children: "listen listen

Date: March 11, 2017 08:07PM

but there's a difference between evil spirits and the holy spirit. you know by their fruits.

it appears there are a lot of fruits on this site so it certainly appears the spirit of the LORD isn't at work here so it must be the work of adversary

Date: March 11, 2017 08:48PM

What you're referring to as fruits, honey, are ex-Mormons who saw through the facade that's the lie ie, scam that's been perpetrated since J. Smith Jr. and Co. came along. He was an 18th century Warren Jeffs. Cult leader who founded a fringe religious cult by inventing fiction from folklore, and plagiarizing scripture and other people's writings.

Did you know Smith had at least 39 wives (some already married,) that were documented? Some as young as 14? He was sleeping with one Fanny Alger in the haystack, (she was their housekeeper,) before he called her one of his plural wives. Don't it make you wonder that was for convenience sake? He couldn't be called an adulterer or fornicator if he proclaimed a new commandment that he wed each and every woman he lusted after!

As for their inheritances, dowries, and property, it all became his. Nothing belonged to the Mormon church when he died. It was all in his name, 100%. Sound like one of them modern day televangelists who gets busted after fleecing their flocks? More than a little?

Honey bee, where have you been all these years? Gathering honey? Or perpetuating a fraud?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/12/2017 09:07AM by Amyjo.

Posted by: badassadam ( )
Date: March 11, 2017 09:25PM

I'm guessing that's what inspired your username.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.