Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Lilith ( )
Date: March 12, 2017 11:00AM

I'm back!! Had to get a new password and everything. I thought I was done with Mormons lol. But after showing no interest when I was here, my exmo husband is now here.
Ten plus years here should have prepared me for this.
Maybe he will bring up his brutal physical abuse five weeks into the marriage and how suddenly this independent friend (me)was supposed to accept him as head of the household even though he said he didn't believe that. But he said when he says shut UP I should shut up... um no.
I'm just tired of him hiding behind his shiny smiling Mormon face. And his being so freaking secretive about everything. Emotionally unavailable men. Damn.
So old friend, how ya been lol. I wonder what you're doing when Im in Utah especially. Still traveling?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Stray Mutt ( )
Date: March 12, 2017 11:31AM

Wow. I thought that was going to be one of the all-time great happily-ever-after stories. I'm shocked.

As or me, yeah, four years wandering the West -- and loving it. I'm currently by the beach in San Diego county, waiting for the fog to burn off.

Posted by: PtLoma ( )
Date: March 12, 2017 01:49PM

Alan, are you visiting SD County or did you settle there?

Posted by: Stray Mutt ( )
Date: March 12, 2017 03:57PM

Visiting.

Posted by: Lilith 9DNDJ ( )
Date: March 12, 2017 05:31PM

It's ok. There is just lots of Mormon crap left after 39 years. That's what I learned here from you guys. If he would just realize you can open up and be real. But at 65 I'm not holding my breath he will change. He DID get out of the church and has a lot of resentment for years lost. He gives me credit for that.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.