Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: 6 iron ( )
Date: March 13, 2017 07:19PM

As I follow the Trump Russia scandal, it's amazing all the hacking, leaking, and accusations of taps.

It's like a whole new reality in the news.

Why nothing in mormontown?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: March 13, 2017 07:25PM

Nobody but us ex-mos cares enough to put out the effort.
To the rest of the world, mormons are not even a blip on the radar.

Posted by: East Coast Exmo ( )
Date: March 13, 2017 07:36PM

There will probably be a major leak some day; all it takes is one well placed, disgruntled employee.

The LDS church excels at disgruntling people.

Posted by: Phazer ( )
Date: March 14, 2017 01:27PM

The church has their financial information locked down like CIA compartmentalized information. Many people working in a silo like manner and do not know the full picture or moving parts involved in their own department.

Even some of the Q12 don't know the full picture when it comes to finances. They like their health care plan, the $100G or more they earn each year, the money given to them for kids younger than 12, the free rent, free travel, almost most things free. All they have to do is tow the line, manufacture emotions, and some have been in the church so long they might actually enjoy it some days. The Q12 are more business execs than they are spiritual leaders.

I bet not one IT Admin or Security analyst has all the keys to the kingdom. I suppose that the most sensitive information might not even be digitized and or easy to remove. Some systems may even be air-gapped (not connected to the internet or known company network) The financial records/data might not even be in the church headquarters and kept off site with their accountants.

The accountants cook the books for the internal accountants to work off of but they are given a false reality and representation of the data. Only 8 church folks knows what the off the books money stash amount is. These 8 know all about the money , assets , property, financial instruments, positions, etc that the church is entangled with.

A leaker probably doesn't know how they would stay out of jail for exposing church secrets because they don't have the money for a good lawyer. The documents they sign might be a "for your eyes only", sign here, and you never get a copy.

As another mentioned though, so few people on the planet give a damn. I'm hopeful something juicy will end up on mormonleaks.

Posted by: canary21 ( )
Date: March 14, 2017 01:55PM

Highly possible, I would say. There are very many people who are leaving the church. Before they leave, why not try something against the church? I would think someone who was miserable and finally sees the light and/or angry with being duped would pull that one of TSCC.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.