Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: March 18, 2017 06:46PM

It's styled in the same vein as one of the women she admires - Ivanka.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F7o4oMKbStE

It's called "Requisite."

It is the perfect perfume for women who's lives are defined by the men in them.

"Sister Linda K. Burton was born and raised in Salt Lake City, Utah. As a teenager she lived in New Zealand for three years, where her father served as mission president. Living in the mission home and later attending the Church College of New Zealand as a boarding student provided her unique opportunities to see missionary life up close and for her to observe and embrace many cultures. She attended the University of Utah, where she studied elementary education and met her sweetheart, Craig P. Burton. They were married in the Salt Lake Temple in 1973 and are the parents of six children and have 26 grandchildren. Being a grandmother is her favorite hobby!

Although she has loved every Church calling she has had, serving with Heavenly Father’s beloved daughters in Relief Society has enabled her to feel His love for them. She is inspired by their faith, strength, and selfless service.

While serving in the Korea Seoul West Mission with her husband, their mission theme found a permanent home in her heart. It reminds her who she is and whom she serves: “Behold, I am a disciple of Jesus Christ, the Son of God. I have been called of him to declare his word among his people, that they might have everlasting life” (3 Nephi 5:13)."
https://www.lds.org/callings/relief-society/leader-resources/relief-society-presidency-board?lang=eng

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: March 19, 2017 02:11PM

Maybe the political connection killed this but I thought the idea of a Mormon woman's perfume created by a Mormon woman leader who is totally defined and ruled by men called, "Requisite" hilarious.

Given the fact that I heard the word 'requisite' growing up only in the context of doing Mormon duties and following Mormon rules it is very apropos.

Women having ecclesiastical authority isn't just not requisite for The Lord, if it were a perfume it would be called "Heresy" for Mormon women.

Dab a little "Heresy" on when you wear your beautiful pantsuit to church.

Options: ReplyQuote
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.