Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Agnes Broomhead ( )
Date: March 19, 2017 02:57PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lt0x6FoWW5Q

I assume this is not something you can create overnight and go by for a couple of days.

Will you still be accepted by the brethren if go about Sunday mornings and other callings wearing your hair and mustaches like this? If not, does that mean these young priesthood holders will have to give up their hockey ambitions to "serve the Lord"?

Can you still periodically visit the Hadley Avenue Temple with hair like this, and will your white baker's hat and costume still fit?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Stray Mutt ( )
Date: March 19, 2017 07:59PM

When did hockey hair stop being the mullet?

Posted by: sbg ( )
Date: March 20, 2017 10:10AM

Hockey hair is a big deal in Minnesota. They even have an all tournament team each year for hockey hair. The video even makes the evening news.

There were several mullets on the all tournament team this year.

http://www.twincities.com/2017/03/12/check-out-the-2017-minnesota-state-high-school-all-hockey-hair-team/

Since there are not that many Mormon's here, I doubt it is an issue.

Posted by: getbusylivin ( )
Date: March 20, 2017 10:29AM

Mormon elders with man-buns should be shunned. Do you really want to eat bread torn apart by some guy with a nit farm perched on the back of his head?

I have noticed fewer man-buns lately. This is evidence that society as a whole is on an upswing. (Or maybe my new antidepressant has finally kicked in.)

In the CGBLLDS (the Church of getbusylivin of Latter-day Saints) we teach that man-buns are the work of the Adversary, or should be. I know that the church is true.

I'm not crazy about the perfectly-trimmed beard thingee, either. Beards should be gnarly and smell vaguely of tuna or chicken, so as to attract sniffing cats. Remind me to add something to our "Doctrine and Covenants" about this.

Posted by: cludgie ( )
Date: March 20, 2017 11:01AM

To be fair, any guy with a man-bun should be shunned.

Posted by: aaron ( )
Date: March 21, 2017 02:01PM

I workout a lot, I think my man buns look pretty good thank you very much

Posted by: Gentle Gentile ( )
Date: March 20, 2017 11:22AM

On the one hand, a mission might be the only time they can "go crazy" like this. On the other, they're hipsters.

Date: March 21, 2017 02:13PM

getbusylivin Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> ...a nit farm perched on the back of his
> head?

So are women who wear their hair the same way also nit farmers?

Date: March 21, 2017 02:20PM

When I was sentenced to the old Mission Home in SLC, we were all sent off for haircuts in what was still the Hotel Utah. It didn't matter how short and mission-appropriate your hair already was. An elder with a really tight buzz had to get it "cut" too. The barber shrugged, shaved a little around the edges, and sent him on his way. The haircuts were actually about submission and obedience, not proper appearance.

Posted by: poopstone ( )
Date: March 20, 2017 07:24PM

the standard was your ears have to show, and it can't be longer than your collar, and there must be a part. Bednard hair was the model (but perhaps a little longer).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/20/2017 07:24PM by poopstone.

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: March 20, 2017 07:29PM

Long live long hair!

Posted by: messygoop ( )
Date: March 21, 2017 09:15AM

Back in the early 80's, we had a nice BP and SP. Hair was never an issue for the elders. Check out this great music video from the late Paul Davis. Every player in the band resembled someone from my ward's EQ during this time period. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_L886mjb0O8

Now by the mid 80s, we received new SP and BP. They both ruled with an iron fist. One by one, long hair elders were pressured to cut their long hair. I think this was coming from BKP and his correlation movement. BTW, the new SP not only resembled General Burkhalter from Hogan's Heroes, but he spoke like him too! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2BBfW4GgI4

Posted by: eastofthemississippi ( )
Date: March 21, 2017 02:46PM

Been a BP, served in all kinds of leadership callings for 30 years... with a beard, and hair over the tops of my ears and collar. No one has ever said a word.

But then again I do live east of the Mississippi... the rules are a lot more lax here.

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: March 22, 2017 04:23AM

looks more like doofus hair but at least no man buns.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.