Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: canary21 ( )
Date: March 21, 2017 10:36PM

How many of you here are currently attending or have attended one of the church-owned schools and have met students and professors who don't believe that the LDS church is true? What is it like going underground?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/21/2017 11:05PM by canary21.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: RebelJamesDean ( )
Date: March 21, 2017 11:32PM

I think it would be impossible to ever determine. No one ever comes out until they are safely away. I suspect there are more professors than students. The students are too busy studying and finding their eternal companion.

Posted by: steve benson ( )
Date: March 22, 2017 03:36AM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/22/2017 03:36AM by steve benson.

Posted by: canary21 ( )
Date: March 22, 2017 12:10PM

I read Martha Beck's book "Leaving the Saints" and learned just how costly it would be to discuss disbelief and doubts if you were a BYU faculty. Some of them had to be careful where they talked about it, as well. I watched a Youtube Documentary on a channel called "iamanexmormon" about a BYU Idaho ex-mo student who knew a lot of professors and students like him who didn't believe that the LDS church was true and living the lie for the sake of credits, tuition, and their degree.

Lynn Wilder has friends who are faculty members at BYU Provo who don't believe the LDS church was ever true and can't say anything risking their family, friends and retirement.

I was just curious to know who else is at a church-owned school who is going underground with other students and professors.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/22/2017 12:14PM by canary21.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.