Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: fell out ( )
Date: March 22, 2017 03:11PM

I was privileged to attend John Dehlins excommunication. I was in the parking lot with the crowd.
I have enjoyed Mormon stories a number of times. I appreciate what he has done to help with transition.

A friend told me today John is moving to Holladay from Logan and that she heard it on a podcast.
Hope I'm not perpetuating a rumor but curious if there is any validity to that?
So far I don't know but it would seem a likely move to near the epicenter of all things Mormon.

Anyone know for sure ? If its a rumor please delete my post as to not further the rumor.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: liesarenotuseful ( )
Date: March 22, 2017 03:13PM

Yes, I watched the same podcast. He said they have put an offer on a house in Holladay, and their house in North Logan is up for sale.

Posted by: Surprise Surprise ( )
Date: March 22, 2017 03:48PM

Wouldn't surprise me in the slightest. Seeing Mormon stories is stale and on its last legs ( secular Buddhism and gloating about Hillary being elected even though she fell on her face ) so it looks like he's moving to get in on the social justice drama. As well as the money of course, that is there to be made from the disenfranchised and emotionally frail...

Enter '' Dr '' Dehlin.

Posted by: Josephina ( )
Date: March 22, 2017 05:46PM

I enjoyed the podcast on secular Buddhism. I have found that type of meditation to be very beneficial.

Date: March 22, 2017 08:08PM

I've been listening to the secular buddhism podcasts ever since Noah Rasheta was interviewed by JD. It has helped me so much to get along with TBM family members, and feel better in many ways.

Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: March 22, 2017 05:06PM

Is it really necessary to give this subject publicity where someone is moving to, and where from?

We know Dehlin lives in Logan from podcasts. Why broadcast for him where he's moving, unless he expressly requests someone to?

I say this in defense of his right to privacy. Given the enemies he has who are LDS.

Date: March 22, 2017 05:26PM

I would never have given the information of where he is moving, except that he himself made it public in a podcast, which thousands watch and listen to. I didn't give his address, which I don't know anyway.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.