Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: - ( )
Date: March 25, 2017 05:52PM

Just catching up on the "more things are false than true" post and I'm delighted with the discussion. Shit, I might even learn a thing or two.

Some of you aren't idiots like me. My dog says "woof" but he means that's a good thing.

Who would have thought those desperate fools leaving some random cult had good thinkers?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: 2 lazy 2 log in ( )
Date: March 25, 2017 06:00PM

I dunno, I still can't figure out how to pronounce your username. Does it rhyme with "≈" or "∆"?

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: March 25, 2017 10:47PM

Posted by: badassadam ( )
Date: March 25, 2017 10:12PM

Don't look at my posts you might not be impressed anymore.

Posted by: getbusylivin ( )
Date: March 25, 2017 10:39PM

I strongly agree. You're a good example, -. I agree with your posts sometimes and disagree others, but I'm glad you're here!

Date: March 25, 2017 11:46PM

You used to be my favorite poster getbusylivin but you might be number 2 now. I was actually thinking today that I'm not challenged on here enough to push me farther like I should be right now, others have rivalries on here and I think that's what I need. I have no one really to debate in the real world about anything so nothing really gets challenged.

Posted by: getbusylivin ( )
Date: March 26, 2017 12:45PM

Seems to me we all shift around on here a lot (that's a good thing). I've found this board to be fairly fluid... but I get what you mean about sometimes not being challenged.

It's a unique place, because there are posts from people at varying stages of belief, in various levels of angst, at various ages etc. There's a lot of humor, a lot of anger, and a lot of trauma revealed. Meanwhile the moderators try to juggle everything as best they can.

I enjoy your posts, too, adam and hope you keep contributing.

Posted by: dagny ( )
Date: March 26, 2017 10:57AM

Enjoying your posts, Dash!

By the way, I know of a person named La-a (pronounced La-DASH-a).

Posted by: Greyfort ( )
Date: March 26, 2017 10:58AM

LOL We've left because we are thinkers. It's the people who don't think who stay in. My friends who are still in always say, "Don't think too much. It's dangerous." Or, "You're thinking too much. Just trust and stay in."

Posted by: Itzpapalotl ( )
Date: March 26, 2017 11:13AM

This is why I encourage people to take the OCEAN test and share their results. Even with all its issues, the MBTI here shows a lot of NTJ types on this forum, but I really wonder how people's levels of Agreeableness (I'm 6-9%) and Openness (I think around 60-70%) match up with exmos.

Posted by: windyway ( )
Date: March 26, 2017 01:15PM

I am INFJ.

Posted by: Tevai ( )
Date: March 26, 2017 01:32PM

windyway Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I am INFJ.

Me, too.

[Very probably one of the reasons I was so amazed by the people here when I first happened along, all those years ago, as the result of a random Google search. The other reason was the rare combination of overall intelligence, intelligent thoughtfulness, and depth of knowledge which was so obvious here. Since I was about three years old and started becoming really aware of what was going on around me, my life has always included a disparate collection of "groups" of people who, for widely different reasons, have been known publicly as particularly knowledgeable and intelligent. Taking all of these groups, plus RfM, as a whole: RfM surpasses each of them. For real.]

Posted by: dogzilla ( )
Date: March 27, 2017 09:58AM

Am I the only one who perceives the OP as coming off a little bit patronizing? The underlying assumption was that we are all deluded idiots and so the OP is pleasantly surprised at the level of intelligence here?

Wow, that's a backhanded compliment if I've ever heard one.

Date: March 27, 2017 02:43PM

I see what you are saying he didn't expect to be impressed at all.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.