Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: kativicky ( )
Date: March 26, 2017 09:21PM

Today I had the opportunity to go visit my mom at the hospital in Chapel Hill which is a 3 1/2 hr drive one way. This is the first time I have seen her since she was taken to the hospital to rehab. Since I do not have a drivers license, I can't ready go see her when I am able to.

She is currently on a ventilator to help her body out so it is not using up all of her energy just to do the basic things like breath. The doctors are trying really hard to figure out what is going on with mom in terms of the infections that she has and we found that one of the medications that she is on for her Rheumatoid Arthritis was what was causing her to continually have some sort of infection. The doctors are also checking to make sure that the fungus that she was diagnosed with last spring has not spread from her lungs to her spinal cord.

For a little good news, she was responding to voices and to touch and her eyes were responding to movement. This was something that my sister in law said that she wasn't really doing in the middle of the week. While I was out of the room going to be restroom, the nurse was in trying to turn her and apparently one of the tube with her ventilator came undone and it seemed to scare her. So she is there somewhere, we just got to get rid of the infections and whatever else is going on so she can get better.

All this is much better news than what I had Tuesday night because we thought that she was not going to make it. She still is not completely out of the woods yet but we have a little more hope now than we did a few days ago. One of the nurses even said that she has seen people in the similar conditions as my mom and they had come out of it so we are trying to give it time.

I really like to thank everyone for the well wishes as well. I have really appreciated them so much.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Tevai ( )
Date: March 26, 2017 09:26PM

This is really good news, kativicky.

I am wishing your Mom the highest and best for her...and for you, and for all of your family.

:)

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: March 26, 2017 09:51PM

I'm glad that you got to see your mom, Kativicky. That must have been reassuring to you. It sounds like the hospital is taking good care of her.

Posted by: peculiargifts ( )
Date: March 26, 2017 10:04PM

I hope that your mother will recover. Sometimes, it seems, a positive attitude on the part of the medical team is exactly what is needed.

Best wishes!

Posted by: Aquarius123 ( )
Date: March 27, 2017 04:03AM

((((Kat)))) I'm so glad you got to see your mom. It sounds like she is slowly but surely getting better!

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: March 27, 2017 04:49AM

My best good wishes are with you.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.