Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: overit ( )
Date: March 27, 2017 02:08AM

spotted on tbm friend's facebook page "This is an excellent read" followed by the latest drivel by Greg Trimble. I ca not even bring myself to read anything he writes anymore because he is so extremely smug and self righteous...

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: nonsequiter ( )
Date: March 27, 2017 03:40AM

Greg Trimble is the perfect example of "cringeworthy"

Posted by: Chicken N. Backpacks ( )
Date: March 27, 2017 04:29PM

Zelph on the Shelf did a video about G. Trimble's reasons not to leave TSCC and he actually gave them kudos for it! Trimble: "...you guys...this...is... awesome!...this was by far the coolest rebuttal to any of my stuff."

Makes me wonder if you pointed out that Trimble had just walked in the house with a mess of dog crap on his show he smile and say "Oh, boy, there must be a puppy!!"

He's probably a fun guy, maybe he'll see the light.

Posted by: peculiargifts ( )
Date: March 28, 2017 12:39AM

I really am of two minds about Greg. Maybe three. I keep thinking that he must be really close to realizing that everything about the Mormon church is fake. But then, I, myself, imagine that he doesn't care.

I imagine that he wants to become a GA. Maybe, someday, President of the Corp. I imagine that he truly believes that if he says enough dopey stuff, he will rise in the ranks and become a superstar like Dieter and David. And that will be so great!

It is absolutely immaterial that it is all based on lies. I imagine that he wants the prestige so much, that he will accept anything, justify anything, say anything, in order to get ahead.

And then, I think, "Hold on there, Peculiar, he just looks so nice. Really, he must be very close to realizing that it's all false. And using his following to deconvert a whole boatload of people. Because no-one who looks so nice could possibly be either so stupid or so devious."

And then I imagine that I am just way too optimistic about people and that Greg will some day be a GA and maybe even President of the Corp.

Posted by: aaronshaf ( )
Date: March 28, 2017 01:01AM

A simpler explanation: he's a great writer and he genuinely believes in Mormonism.

Posted by: peculiargifts ( )
Date: March 28, 2017 11:51AM

Or, perhaps he's a great propagandist and he truly believes that he can fool others into believing ridiculous things. Just a thought.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.