Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: presleynfactsrock ( )
Date: April 01, 2017 03:05PM

Decided to listen to Elder Ballard's talk I dicovered was on when the science TV channel I was watching stopped for commercials. I caught the talk at its beginning, so challenged myself to give it a fair shake by listening to the whole thing.

It was difficult I tell you. His emphasis on certain words, most often those to do with Christ, accompanied with the mormon- preachy-teachy tone was irritating me to the point I found myself talking back to the TV.

And, then there were his sappy examples of obedient Mormons choosing Christ's way instead of the evil way of the world. To shout out one it was a Laurel who chose fulfilling, when there was a conflict, her church promised commitment over being chosen for a special school assignment. Surprise, surprise!

I certainly felt that Ballard's talk was trying overly hard to shout out to the world that Mormonism adores and follows Christ and is a Christian Church.

And, what I enjoyed the most was when it was over.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: poopstone ( )
Date: April 01, 2017 03:25PM

I think it was Nelsons talk you heard, Ballard hasn't been on yet.

Posted by: badassadam ( )
Date: April 01, 2017 04:47PM

I'm pretty proud of myself for not watching finding whatever outdoor activity I can think of to do today my anger is in check.

Posted by: slskipper ( )
Date: April 01, 2017 05:26PM

Yes, the world would be better if we followed the teachings of Jesus- forgive, be kind and all that.

We all already know that. What do we need them for?

Posted by: presleynfactsrock ( )
Date: April 02, 2017 01:47PM

Thanks for keeping me straight. I did give Elder Nelson a new name.

Posted by: Babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: April 02, 2017 02:13PM

Nelson may be wise to the scam and is trying to make the best out of a bad situation. Following Christ is always a safe topic.

Posted by: R2 ( )
Date: April 02, 2017 02:21PM

You should honor your commitments regardless of if they're church-related or not. Wish that was taught instead, but that would make morality the basis of the church instead of the church itself.

Posted by: Felix ( )
Date: April 02, 2017 03:50PM

Reading your comments reminded me of this quote:

"The greatest tragedy in mankind's entire history may be the hijacking of morality by religion." – Arthur C. Clarke

I love quotes and have a nice collection of my own favorites on various topics.

Posted by: messygoop ( )
Date: April 02, 2017 10:41PM

I think they all look the same and sound the same. When one opens his mouth, the same bullshit races out.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.