Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: steve benson ( )
Date: April 01, 2017 10:49PM

"WILL APOSTATE WALK AWAY QUIETLY?"

"Deseret News"
Salt Lake City, Utah
3 November 1993
http://www.deseretnews.com/article/318584/WILL-APOSTATE-WALK-AWAY-QUIETLY.html?pg=all

"I've watched Steve Benson on [ KUTV Channel 2's] 'Take Two' a couple of times over the past few months. He claims that his relinquishing of his membership in the LDS Church was done in protest over the way the Church has been run on some issues.

"I call it apostasy, but that's neither here or there. What I'd like to know is whether or not he will walk away from the Church, plain and simple, and let the Church operate the way it must, or will he be an outspoken critic against the Church? The Prophet Joseph Smith said, 'From apostates the faithful have received the severest persecutions. When once that light which was in them is taken from them, they become as much darkened as they were previously enlightened, and then, no marvel, if all their power should be enlisted against the truth, and they, Judas like, seek the destruction of those who were their greatest benefactors.'"

--"David R. Phillips

"Heber City [Utah]"
----------

Sorry to disappoint you, Brother Phillips.

I call you paranoid.

Now, bow your head and say, "Flip!"(Oh, and enjoy your General Conference cult worship of Generalissimo Joe).

--Steve Benson

"Recovery from Mormonism" discussion board
Gilbert. Arizona
1 April 2017
http://exmormon.org/phorum/read.php?2,1959919,1959919#msg-1959919

Edited 10 time(s). Last edit at 04/02/2017 01:04AM by steve benson.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: April 01, 2017 10:55PM

That man's words loosen my tongue more than a bottle of scotch could ever hope for.

Posted by: dagny ( )
Date: April 01, 2017 11:04PM

Yep. He hit all the bases for what he is supposed to say and think when a person leaves:

~Claim persecution
~Villainize the apostate (extra points for words like darkness or Satan)
~Use church language like it came straight out of the Kool-Aid picture.

He said you left to protest "some issues" about how the church is run? All this time I thought it was because the church was BS!

Posted by: steve benson ( )
Date: April 01, 2017 11:19PM

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: April 01, 2017 11:27PM

I wish mormons would shut up and go away.

Posted by: flanders ( )
Date: April 02, 2017 12:23AM

Mormons and all other religionistas.

Posted by: anybody ( )
Date: April 01, 2017 11:39PM

Posted by: Josephina ( )
Date: April 02, 2017 01:01AM

I wish the church would walk away from us, plain and simple. They always seem to pop around yet again, trying to re-activate.

Posted by: thingsithink ( )
Date: April 02, 2017 02:18AM

"What I'd like to know is whether or not he will walk away from the Church, plain and simple, and let the Church operate the way it must, or will he be an outspoken critic against the Church?"

I think an angel warned him what lay on the horizon . . . he had an inkling.

Posted by: badassadam ( )
Date: April 02, 2017 03:47AM

I grew up in Gilbert Arizona I kinda miss it because Pocatello Idaho is a terrible place to live with the snow and the Mormons everywhere but trying to get out of here has been hard. Don't ask how I got here it's a long story. But I'm standing my ground here I'm not being pushed around by mormons like I was before I'm pushing back. I have strong convictions that what they are doing is wrong and it messes with peoples minds and sometimes towards a very dark and dangerous path as a result of cult rituals and behaviors over and over.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.