Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: koriwhore ( )
Date: April 04, 2017 09:44PM

Since when did Mormons "just live and let live"?

Since sending out the world's largest army of full time missionaries every day to go convince the world to sing the praises of their serial rapist founder?

Since Mormons violated the constitution by burning down the free press of the only honorable man in Nauvoo, because he told the truth about Joseph's multiple child rapes and philandering, which turned out 170yrs later to be true?

Since Mormons published the most racist scriptures on the planet, which are still in print today, which does untold damage to those with 'dark and loathsome' skin?

Since Mormons campaigned to deny women their Equal Rights in the 70's?

Since Mormons sponsored hate legislation aimed at homosexuals, like Prop H8 in California?

Since Mormons started looking the other way when their children are raped by Mormons simply because the perpetrators are typically "Priesthood Holders"?

I've seen it waaaaaay too often. It's still going on and nobody really gives a shit.

As long as children are still being raped by MORmONS, I refuse to "just live and let live" because I do give a shit.

I give a shit about the truth.
I give a shit about children.

Mormons are taught to look the other way when somebody brings up exploitation of children, because that's exactly what they're indoctrinated to do every time they sing Praise to the Predator.

Is it any wonder so many women are raped at BYU and are afraid to report it for fear of retribution, because, we wouldn't want to bring shame on the 'good name of the church' now would we?
Keep sweet Sister. Keep sweet.

Mormons are more concerned with maintaining their ego identities as "Mormons" than they are in protecting innocent children, even their own children.

Every Mormon family I grew up with had some kinds of sexual abuse scandal associated with it. And every Mormon family swept it under the rug as fast as they could. Including my own family.

We never knew exactly what the issues were, but there was always something Blue Velvety about the place I grew up.

Back then it was a sleepy little bedroom community of Boeing employees. Right before the Green River Killer started dumping hookers in my favorite river.
We also had a Scout Master who raped nearly every kid in the scout program for 4 years. Except me. My parents didn't give a shit about Boy Scouts. My Dad was forced into getting his Eagle Scout and didn't want to do the same shit to me. So he didn't. Gratefully. All my Mormon buddies had to get an Eagle Scout before they could drive. I though the whole scout troop was a bunch of weirdos. Little did I know, unfortunately the only way you got a merit badge from our Scout Master was to let him have his way with you. Needless to say, I never got any merit badges. Nor did I get raped. Nor did I get the multi Million Dollar settlement all of my (retired early) Mormon buddies got.
Only problem is, they agreed to remain silent for the rest of their lives. They can't tell their story. But I know it.
And I didn't agree to remain silent.
As long as kids I love are being exploited and abused because of this bogus Doomsday Sex CULT, I will spend my days rising up and speaking out against this bogus, evil, abusive institution of bigotry, in every way,
every day,
until my dying breath.
Try and stop me.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/04/2017 09:53PM by koriwhore.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: RebelJamesDean ( )
Date: April 04, 2017 10:02PM

You have a great screen name.

Posted by: koriwhore ( )
Date: April 04, 2017 10:04PM

I got a huge laugh at the ExMo Conference when I introduced myself as, "Koriwhore with a 'w'"

Posted by: azsteve ( )
Date: April 04, 2017 11:06PM

In answer to your question about why you can't live and let live, here is why I think that might be. I compare to my own life exleriences involving the church. It's all about your (or in my case, my) mental health.

I refuse to believe things that my common sense and life experiences tells me aren't true. I resent anyone expecting me to believe falsehoods. The bigger the lie, the more my outrage... and the mormon church tells some of the biggest lies anywhere.

They want me to forgive and then claim that they've done nothing wrong. So the question is... forgive what? Come on, let's hear it... (silence). So I may forgive everyone else on the planet, but the mormons?...no fucking way. They're resolved to keep right on what they're doing. But what about Jesus, you know, and forgiveness? Yeah, they've got jesus... they bring him out every time they need him. Then it's back to more lies. If jesus is with them, then I am not with him, because then his church has brought harm to my life. If he is not with them, then they are the liars I claim they are.

It takes a lot of mental effort to maintain this kind of good mental health, while living in the middle of such derangement by a majority of others who want only to keep drinking the koolaid. The more I remove myself from all of this, the less effort is required, and the more you can live and let live. The more injury the church has caused, the longer it takes.

Posted by: raiku ( )
Date: April 04, 2017 11:30PM

Doris Hanson's "What Love is This?" on polygamous communities has a lot of stories about how it is so damaging to women and children and sets them up for sexual and emotional abuse.

This is the kind of background many of our ancestors came from, especially if you have ancestors from Utah. They lived through the Reign of Terror of Brigham Young. This is why sexual abuse of children is so rampant in Utah. It's all about polygamy and religious theocratic leaders being given way too much power and authority. Power corrupted, absolutely, and women and children paid the price for it, and still are.

Posted by: Chicken N. Backpacks ( )
Date: April 05, 2017 10:48AM

"Since Mormons published the most racist scriptures on the planet..."

Well said: that right there should turn off any investigator--God sent Jesus to save sinners like Laman, but in the BoM he actually, physically, changes people.

And.......he destroys whole cities!

Posted by: jacob ( )
Date: April 05, 2017 11:13AM

First, it is emotionally draining, and psychologically damaging to hold a grudge. When I choose to hold a grudge it is after recognizing that it would be worse for me to let go. Mormonism may be one of those things that, if I let go, will cause me more harm. But I don't think it is.

Second, I only have so much capacity to devote to things that don't directly effect me. Samsung and Apple use child labor and I have a Samsung phone. Walmart has been really horrible in the past in their supply chain ethics, and while they are cleaning it up there are still gross human rights violations going on. I still shop at Walmart. The list goes on and on. I don't know if I'm a bad person for being cognizant with apparent disinterest or a good person for feeling bad about myself because of my disinterest.

Third Mormonism is intricately involved in my life. I fear that a hard line stance would distract from my ability to make a difference in the people closest to me.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.