Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: themaster ( )
Date: April 07, 2017 12:14AM

About 18 months ago it was discovered the Mormon Church had decided to wage a war on Gays and Lesbians by classifying children of Gay Parents as Apostates and deny them sacred Mormon religious rites such as blessings and baptism.

Do you find it strange children of Rapists, Murderers, Thieves, Con Men, Liars and Politicians can receive Mormon Religious rites but not children who only crime is their parents sexual life?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: April 07, 2017 12:20AM

Nothing the church does surprises me. They're in the business of cashing in on guilt. Sexual repression is their cash cow. The golden calf they all dance around.

So yeah, par for the course. Nice observation.

Posted by: Done & Done ( )
Date: April 07, 2017 10:30AM

Makes perfect sense.

If you wish to be seen as a hero you must have an enemy, a cause to fight against.

If you are an aging white man who still has the mindset of when you were a youth in the early 1900's, then gay's make a perfect enemy because everybody hates them. Right? wrong. Not anymore.

So the Fab 15 need to get people to see their chosen enemy as Public Enemy Number One by declaring their hatred publicly and pointing the finger at the illusion of evil they, the Gerontocracy, have created.

The silly old fools haven't noticed that a kinder, more intelligent, and evolved society aren't scared of the gays anymore. The old fools are confused that the world isn't cheering them on just as they are confused by just about everything.

Meanwhile the gays could make the Mormons the enemy, but they really aren't interested in having enemies and singling people out. They have real lives. Well. Except for the Mormon gay kids still trapped in that nightmare who are being indoctrinated to see their own innocent selves as the enemy.

Posted by: lolly 18 ( )
Date: April 12, 2017 07:41PM

I cannot imagine how the church would create a membership record for a child of gay parents. So long as there is one heterosexual parent it would fit the standard forms. But there is no accepted coupling in the church universe for same sex parents. If there can be no family with same sex parents on the church membership rolls, then how can there be kids blessed or baptized in such circumstances?

I don't even think the mechanics of how it is done work without one parent who is a member, and if the parents are same sex and a couple, they are excommunicated, so there would never be an available parent, would there?

Posted by: [|] ( )
Date: April 12, 2017 09:22PM

>So long as there is one heterosexual parent it would fit the standard forms.

So TSCC is incapable of creating a new form? Is Mormon leadership that inept?

>I don't even think the mechanics of how it is done work without one parent who is a member

If there were a child of a heterosexual couple, neither of whom were members, who wanted to be baptized and the parents consented, would TSCC refuse to allow that child to be baptized?
We have had reports of children being baptized through the efforts of grandparents after the parents had resigned. How does TSCC deal with that? It should be possible to treat the children of same sex parents the same way.

Posted by: azsteve ( )
Date: April 12, 2017 11:14PM

Mormonism requires a human chain from parents to children, from those children as parents to the next generation, etc... It's like a multilevel marketing plan. You need a sponsor to properly enter that matrix. The mormon plan of salvation makes no provision for gay people to go anywhere except for the Telestial kingdom... if you're lucky. That leaves the children of gay parents as orphins in the mormon plan of salvation. To accommodate gay people in mormonism requires more than changing a few forms. The whole plan of salvation needs to be reworked.

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: April 13, 2017 06:41PM

over this issue. My attitude now is they can just go to hell.

My childrens' father is gay. My daughter is TBM and is 31. I wonder if they ask if she endorses her father's lifestyle or not when she gets a TR. I wonder if they ask if she endorses my lifestyle. I highly doubt they ask about me. I'm an adulteress. Still married to my gay ex, but in a long-term relationship with someone else.

I understand she usually starts her talks with "My mom has a boyfriend and my dad has a boyfriend." We've lived here for 30 years, so most people know the whole family.

They told me to marry someone gay and then they told me that my children are second-class citizens.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.