Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: themaster ( )
Date: April 07, 2017 07:01AM

In the LDS religion if a male has children with one or multiple women and does not have a relationship with his children and even worse does not financially support his children by one or more women, he can be in a leadership position as an example for others.

But if a male has children by multiple women and he is a father to his children such as in Pologymy then the man, his women and children are Apostates and kicked out of the Mormon Church.

All of this makes perfect sense because children whose parents are gay are also Apostates.

My head is spinning from all of this Mormon logic.

I just hope the Mormon Jesus looks like a Norse God of War and love everyone that is white except the Apostates.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/07/2017 07:02AM by themaster.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: rt ( )
Date: April 07, 2017 07:41AM

themaster Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> In the LDS religion if a male has children with
> one or multiple women and does not have a
> relationship with his children and even worse does
> not financially support his children by one or
> more women, he can be in a leadership position as
> an example for others.

Not saying this never happens but the last time I checked, child support is a TR question. I need to be clear, though, that "last time I checked" is +10 years ago...

Posted by: midwestanon ( )
Date: April 07, 2017 08:06AM

It still is. I would say that the OP's statement does not really read as true. If a bishop finds out that you cheated on your wife, or you fornicated, I don't see why he wouldn't be likely to take away your temple recommend, at least temporarily. Especially if you cheated on your wife, I don't see why he wouldn't excommunicate you. Every member I've known who has cheated on their wife has been excommunicated. Granted, I only know a handful and several were family members, but they were all excommunicated.

Now if what you are saying is that they don't get the kind of grief that you think they should, that might be true. I think it is equally stupid and foolish for both men and women to be promiscuous and have children by different parents. In general, in society, women are the ones who seemed to be scorned much more for it, and I'm sure this is true in the Mormon church as well. Unless someone has some kind of General Authority connection or is otherwise considered some kind of super special member, I don't see why they wouldn't be disciplined like anyone else would be for breaking the church rules that are on a temple recommend.

Including not paying your child support.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/07/2017 08:07AM by midwestanon.

Posted by: azsteve ( )
Date: April 07, 2017 10:53AM

I think there are three separate issues. Typically, the church mis-handles two of them routinely.

1.) Violation of membership/temple covenants prohibiting non-marital sex: How different Bishops and Stake Presidents handle this is random, and is not tied to what is best for anyone, not either parent, and not the child.

2.) Establishing paternity: The church tries to manipulate things when it comes to paternity. They will decide what they think is best, and will then take actions that either or both parents may oppose. This can result in the woman being pressured to put the child up for adoption, or might involve church leaders taking steps to drive one or more men away (even if the woman was single when the child was conceived). They are not honest and they will often not respect your legal rights until you file any grievances in a court of law.

3.) Maintaining child support payments: The temple interrview questions probably cover this adequately and treats the issue reasonably.

For the first two items above, church leaders usually make bad decisions. So, if the person violates the church rules, okay... they broke the rules. That is a given. But after that, the church leaders have a duty to help you clean up things, not make them worse. Several years (decades) ago, I had a girlfriend get pregnant. One bishop made harsh accusations and even threats of physical violence. Another bishop laughed and told me "it wouldn't matter if the child were yours" after she married someone else. One stake president treated me like some stalker, asking me repeatedly if I was obsessed with her when we met. All issues cleared up when quickly and concisely when I got a real judge (as in the Superior court) involved. They didn't insult or threaten anyone. They just got to the truth and did what the church leaders should have attempted to do, set things right. The child wasn't mine. It wasn't her new husband's either. Suddenly all of the lies, threats, and cover-ups made sense. Heaven forbid someone's good mormon image be tarnished.

Posted by: baura ( )
Date: April 07, 2017 04:08PM

Who are you going to believe? A DNA test or a "judge in Israel."

DNA tests don't have the Spirit, they don't have the Power of
Discernment, they are not privileged to receive inspiration.

Posted by: NeverMoJohn ( )
Date: April 07, 2017 04:43PM

Is this post about things going on in the modern world, or we talking about Joseph Smith and Brigham Young? (being sarcastic)

Posted by: lolly 18 ( )
Date: April 12, 2017 07:47PM

If you don't pay your child support, you'll get your TR pulled and that will rule you out as a leader for callings which require a TR.

Are you saying that some slip through the cracks because the leader is either dishonest, and there is no way to track whether he/she is current on payments, or because the child support doesn't go through the courts? Sure that could happen, and even be condoned by someone. Hard to see that as church approved though.

Posted by: Aquarius123 ( )
Date: April 12, 2017 07:54PM

My ex lied about child support and was still in good standing. Of course, he lied about the abuse, too. Never mind though because spiritual discernment would have seen through lies. NOT!

Posted by: themaster ( )
Date: April 12, 2017 11:21PM

I know a woman whose ex husband was in the Stake Presidency and he seldom paid her any child support. Her ex was friends with the Stake President end of story. As long as the man lies he gets to keep a Temple Recommend.

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: April 13, 2017 12:31AM

Maybe that's why dad never got called as a bish or SP. Family then business before the cult was what I was raised with.

Posted by: smirkorama ( )
Date: April 13, 2017 01:03AM

MORmONS basically hate EVERYBODY and EVERYTHING including and especially other MORmONS, so they are always on the look out to screw over who ever they can when ever they can. there are two ways for some one to protect themselves from that action. ONE, offense as a defense, screw over others as much as possible as soon as possible to be promoted high up into MORmONISM as a designate favored leader who is considered completely entitled to screw over others. TWO, Cut off interaction with MORmONS as much as possible.

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: April 13, 2017 02:21AM

I don't know why some guys get a pass on this. I think it's shameful. Deadbeat fathers are as bad as the abusers.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.