Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: sunbitch ( )
Date: April 11, 2017 02:05AM

I'm at the beach with 16 other mormon families and it's just super awkward and it feels like church all over again. I just wish I could feel better about myself without feeling like I don't fit in here. The beach is honestly my favorite place in the whole world and I just feel like I don't belong anywhere at the beach because I'm gay. It just appauls me that even on vacation at the beach mormon's can still act the same as they always do. I'm just feeling super lonely and left out of the group and just wish that I could feel included with everyone else. Does anyone else feel like it's awkward and annoying to be on vacation with a whole bunch of mormon families? I'm just feeling so alone, because no-one up here is talking to me. Can someone please give me advice to spice up my spring break a little more?
-sincerely, feels left out of the mormon group for being gay. :/-

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/11/2017 02:08AM by sunbitch.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: April 11, 2017 02:26AM

We don't know why U continue to socialize with ppl who don't accept U, most likely others will...

Many perhaps Most Mormons tend to put church above all other considerations, that's for sure! They only give mouth service to Kindness, Honesty, & Respect.

Date: April 11, 2017 02:30AM

GNPE, yeah, it's just really hard when those people are the only people that came on the trip. :/

Posted by: BYU Boner ( )
Date: April 11, 2017 02:42AM

I know your feelings. Being around all TBMs in any context just feels fucking weird! If possible, walk around and talk with some folks--even if it's just at a concessions stand. You'll feel better. I hope you enjoy the rest of your trip. The Boner.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/11/2017 02:44AM by BYU Boner.

Posted by: poopstone ( )
Date: April 11, 2017 08:06AM

Very often when we think people are talking about us, they are really worried over their own problems. Try to be nice to everyone, TBMS are probably too worried about making a mistake to be concerned about what someone else is doing.

Posted by: Jonny the Smoke ( )
Date: April 11, 2017 09:45AM

"TBMS are probably too worried about making a mistake to be concerned about what someone else is doing."

Yeah, that's a good one. TBM's are so worried about being perfect that they don't get concerned about what someone else is doing.

What planet did you go to church on? It's because TBM's are so worried about mistakes and perfection, that they concern themselves with what others are doing...all the time. That's how they gauge how they are doing personally....by concerning themselves with what others are doing, gossiping about it, tattling to the bishop, etc.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: April 11, 2017 08:51AM

I remember from a previous post that you are in a job training program and that you are working toward your independence. How is that going? In the future when you are living apart from your parents, you will be able to live as you please. And yes, it will be a different and much more gratifying experience for you. Most young people get to a point where they desperately want to throw off parental constraints. I can see how it would be even more that way with TBM parents!

Since this seems to be your only chance to go to the beach, I would just try to enjoy the sun, sand, and surf.

One additional thought -- you mentioned previously that your parents put restrictions on your TV and DVD viewing. What I would do in your shoes is to develop an interest in literature. Try genre fiction such as science fiction or mysteries. Or try classic literature. It will expand your world, and it will make it much tougher for your parents to be all into your business.

Previous post:

http://exmormon.org/phorum/read.php?2,1937411,1937411#msg-1937411

Date: April 11, 2017 02:03PM

Summer, I recently got a really nice job! So I am out of that program! I will look into it! Thanks so much!

Posted by: rutabaga ( )
Date: April 11, 2017 09:36AM

While they sit on the beach afraid of the water and talk about church, you go rent a paddle board or kayak and hit the water.

You be the one who's having fun!

Posted by: kj ( )
Date: April 11, 2017 11:49AM

Take photos...........

Make it a project of sorts. Find beauty everywhere.

The plants, trees & flowers are great subjects.

Sunrise/Sunsets are there for you.

I'm thinking Hawaii....????

Aloha

Enjoy

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/11/2017 11:53AM by kj.

Date: April 11, 2017 02:05PM

Close!-but mexico! (:

Posted by: dogzilla ( )
Date: April 12, 2017 09:33AM

Go parasailing or scuba diving or fishing or whatever floats your boat.

Right now, I'm a little flabbergasted that A) anyone would agree to go on a beach vacation with a flock of mormons and B) you'd feel like you don't belong at the beach because you're gay.

Honey. Beach is where the Gay is most concentrated! You're soaking in it!

Seriously. Split off from these assholes and if anyone says anything, just be like, "Well, I wanted to do this thing and have some fun because I love the beach."

Posted by: NeverMoJohn ( )
Date: April 11, 2017 12:01PM

Find someone other than your family to hang out with. A little beach romance can be just the ticket...

Date: April 11, 2017 02:05PM

Sounds good to me!!

Posted by: dogzilla ( )
Date: April 12, 2017 09:30AM

What beach doesn't have gay people?

I have no idea where you are, but I assure you, there is a GLTBQ community nearby. All you have to do is find them. Split off, say you're going sightseeing and then go SIGHTSEEING. ;>) Go make some gay friends. Google "GLBT friendly + the city you're in/near." Get an Uber and go meet up.

And stop going on vacations with mormons. Sheesh.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.