Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: NeverMo in CA ( )
Date: April 11, 2017 10:24AM

I ran into my very nice TBM neighbor yesterday (we hadn't seen each other in a few months). She mentioned being "busy with church stuff," and I asked if she is still teaching primary classes.

She responded that now she has a different church responsibility, since she and her husband recently were "moved to" another ward. I asked why, and she said that because attendance has been down at their previous ward, it was decided that some families should move to their current one "to even things out."

She did add that she was sad at first but now is happy with the move because she was "always treated rudely" by an older woman at her old ward who "constantly criticized" how she taught the primary class. "Constantly criticized your unpaid, volunteer labor?" I asked. "Um, yes...good point!" she said.

This is in the East Bay of the SF Bay Area/edge of Silicon Valley.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: canary21 ( )
Date: April 11, 2017 01:11PM

I believe I remember some people mentioning that California wards seem lax and laid back compared. I get the same impression from the family ward I am at. I guess it depends where in California then.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/11/2017 01:12PM by canary21.

Posted by: gemini ( )
Date: April 11, 2017 03:25PM

I'd like to know about the ward in Pacificia, right near the edge of the cliff area that has had landslides and homes have nearly fallen into the ocean. My ex was the bishop there in the late 70's. I hated that calling and part of me kinda hopes the ward has dried up on the membership or fallen off the cliff literally.

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: April 11, 2017 05:50PM

Many Bay Area Mormons moved to my neck of the woods near Sacramento (cheaper housing). New ward buildings went up, and, oh joy, Sacramento got a temple. I didn't bother attending the public walk-through.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.