Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: wokie ( )
Date: April 22, 2017 01:59AM

I sent off my resignation from the church about 6 weeks ago.

Today I had the missionaries at my door saying the Bishop wanted to see me. Told them to tell him not to send a boy to do a mans job and if he wants to see me he can come see me.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: unbelievable2 ( )
Date: April 22, 2017 05:46AM

Congratulations on severing the umbilical cord on pseudo spirituality. Creating distance from the cult and future meetings may help you better prepare for your journey into a new, improved, and healthier life.

Posted by: wokie ( )
Date: April 22, 2017 06:05AM

I severed the cord over 10 years ago but only just made it official

Posted by: canary21 ( )
Date: April 22, 2017 07:14AM

wokie Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
Told them to tell him not
> to send a boy to do a mans job and if he wants to
> see me he can come see me.

You nailed it. Good job.

Posted by: edzachery ( )
Date: April 22, 2017 08:56AM

Boo-yah!!

Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: April 22, 2017 08:48AM

Isn't it funny how you've been inactive for ten years. Only when you go to resign is when they come out of the woodwork.

You shouldn't have to be bothered by visits at this point from mishies or the bishop. What nerve.

Your resignation letter by itself suffices.

Posted by: azsteve ( )
Date: April 22, 2017 09:31AM

Good job! But you must have forgotten to say in your resignation letter that you want no further contact from them, other than to confirm that they have removed your name. If you did do that, then once again, they have violated your boundaries.

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: April 22, 2017 10:33AM

I'm annoyed that mishies would show up just because you resigned from their church. This occurs all too often. Someone turned you into the mishies after receiving your letter. I'd send those kids packing before they could open their mouths or bam my door a second time.

"I'm not in your church. Leave now!" Close the door and go back to my computer.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/22/2017 12:52PM by Cheryl.

Posted by: gatorman ( )
Date: April 22, 2017 03:58PM

It is interesting I think that missionaries were sent to the home of a resigned member. Tells me in some way they have nothing else to do?

Gatorman
Gators beat South Carolina on walk off grand slam!
What a highlight for an old man in the stands!
Besides reading RFM of course!

Posted by: eternal1 ( )
Date: April 22, 2017 11:31AM

Congrats! You chose wisely.

Posted by: Breeze ( )
Date: April 22, 2017 06:32PM

I love your response!

Just checking--you know that your resignation was official, the instant the cult received your notice. When YOU say you are done, you are done.

A resignation is a crock, because the cult is a crock. I don't know of any other VOLUNTEER group that requires an official written resignation and a visit from some self-ordained "leader." Someone who claims the power to tell you what to do? It's a cult!

They have no "rules" you must keep. They have no "authority" over you. What arrogance, to have a stranger DEMAND that you must go see him! You wouldn't go see a salesman, if he asked you to. Mormons think we're stupid.

Congratulations! Formally quitting made 80% of the Mormon harassment and stalking stop--it was getting downright abusive. They stopped the home invasions and the bullying of my children--but then, I had to threaten to call the police and sue the bullies. All of this is something a normal person should not have to tolerate, from neighbors and "friends." I don't understand why people are so nice to Mormons, and are willing to walk on eggshells around them. I'm proud of you!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.