Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: April 22, 2017 09:00AM

With photos from NASA.

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/earth-day-2017-nasas-best-photos-showing-beauty-our-planet-space-1617740

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/22/2017 09:00AM by Amyjo.

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: April 22, 2017 07:42PM

Thanks, Shummy, for the links. :)

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: April 22, 2017 12:57PM

This is my favorite planet. Please don't destroy it.

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: April 22, 2017 01:56PM

Make Earth great again !

Date: April 22, 2017 07:42PM

Amen and Amen. :)

Date: April 22, 2017 07:32PM

"Celebrities were out in full force Saturday, in person and on the internet, to celebrate Earth Day and support marches in cities around the world. The March for Science is the latest in a series of organized events and grassroots protests that have arisen in the wake of the election of Donald Trump.

Marchers joined scientists and politicians across the globe to “champion robustly funded and publicly communicated science as a pillar of human freedom and prosperity,” according to the march’s mission statement. Organizers say the march is non-partisan, and support of climate change research is its primary purpose. However, all scientific causes and research-based inquiry are the focus of marchers around the world.

Bill Nye, public advocate for science and host of new Netflix show Bill Nye Saves the World, served as one of the unofficial ambassadors on the ground in Washington, D.C. advocating for “the progress of science and the useful arts of engineering.” Nye said at the march, “Science must shape policy. Science is universal. Science brings out the best in us” and added on Twitter that he’s “just trying to change the world.”

http://ew.com/news/2017/04/22/bill-nye-connie-britton-earth-day-march-science/

Date: April 22, 2017 08:25PM

@ Monterey Bay earlier today, the "March of the Penguins," African Penguins, that is.

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/330055-penguins-hold-their-own-science-march-of-the-penguins

Posted by: Aquarius123 ( )
Date: April 22, 2017 08:50PM

Happy earth day to you, amyjo!

Posted by: BYU Boner ( )
Date: April 22, 2017 08:53PM

I remember the first Earth Day in 1970. My folks told me it was a group of pot-smoking, liberal hippies, bent on overthrowing the government. It's great to know that during their later years, my parents began going green. Most reasonable people realize the fragile nature of our beloved planet.

Here's to our Earth and the everyday folks and scientists trying to make a difference by going green. Everyone, do the right thing--reduce your carbon footprint right now!

Posted by: ren ( )
Date: April 22, 2017 09:01PM

Happy Earth Day to everyone! I'm an aspiring environmental scientist (more specifically, I'd love to be a field biologist with a focus in herpetology!), and it's really great to see how public perspectives on environmentalism have shifted in a positive direction.

Posted by: ziller ( )
Date: April 22, 2017 09:22PM

IN ~

on flat earth thred ~

Posted by: Shummy ( )
Date: April 23, 2017 12:56AM

Metinks what ziller says must be so.

Behold how NASA is finally admitting it by showing the entire flat earth in simultaneous nighttime darkness.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.