Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: BYU Boner ( )
Date: April 22, 2017 09:55PM

OMG! I had a crush on her. Those eyes! This is so sad!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: April 23, 2017 01:48AM

Yeaaaap, yep yep yep.

Posted by: Hockey Rat ( )
Date: April 22, 2017 10:16PM

I've heard that she wasn't in the best of health and had some mental issues, probably from her husband. I don't know if the stories were true about her living on the street and yelling at fans who tried to approach her.Most of the stories I read ( if true, don't get into the Hollywood scene) were blaming him for their troubles.
It was sad to hear; I liked the show after the first year or so.

Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: April 22, 2017 11:59PM

That's so young to go.

R.I.P.

Date: April 23, 2017 12:17AM

The news is reporting cause of death was a suspected heroin overdose.

Well that's crap. We lost another one to opiates.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4436544/Happy-Days-star-Erin-Moran-dies-aged-56.html

Posted by: EssexExMo ( )
Date: April 23, 2017 10:40AM

Amyjo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The news is reporting cause of death was a
> suspected heroin overdose.
>
> Well that's crap. We lost another one to opiates.
>
>
> http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4436544/Ha
> ppy-Days-star-Erin-Moran-dies-aged-56.html

Not to put too fine a point on it...........The daily mail makes sh*t up. they are a fascist, bigoted and hypocritical rag
[see stephen gately's death and......well, just about every famous musician's death since the 60's]

While it is possible that heroin was involved, the media talking about a heroin overdose - that I have seen - link back to the Daily fail as a source.

so, RIP Erin/Joanie
[and F.U daily Mail]

Date: April 23, 2017 01:47PM

Multiple media outlets are reporting her death is from a suspected heroin overdose. I'd rather know the true cause of her premature death, than live in denial about the opiate epidemic sweeping our nation.

"It’s another sad story about a Hollywood life ending in horrible tragedy.

Erin Moran, who shot to fame playing teenager Joanie Cunningham in 1970s sitcom Happy Days, has died at the age of 56.

Authorities found Moran’s body in Indiana following a call about an ‘unresponsive female about 4pm Saturday.

[Sources say] Moran, who lived in a trailer park in New Salisbury, Indiana, died of a suspected heroin overdose.

…Her downward spiral became evident in September 2012, when she was photographed looking worse for wear outside a Holiday Inn in Corydon, Indiana, after reportedly being kicked out of the trailer she shared with her husband Steve Fleischmann.

Erin was reportedly told to leave the trailer she’d been sharing with her husband by his mother, who was tired of her ‘hard-partying ways.’

.... reported earlier that year the couple had moved into the ‘rundown trailer park’ after losing their
California home to foreclosure.

‘Erin was going out to bars and coming home at all hours of the night, sometimes with her rowdy bar friends, and Steve’s mom just couldn’t take it anymore,’ a source said.

The publication claimed Erin was ‘bouncing’ from motel to motel.

She is one of the latest victims of America’s rising Heroin problem that desperately needs a solution.

We had a president that wept on TV about gun deaths, but did NOT make overdose deaths a national concern. Considering we’ve been reading news like this one for years…

Drug overdose deaths are the leading cause of injury death in the United States, ahead of motor vehicle deaths and firearms (deaths),” the Drug Enforcement Agency announced on Wednesday. — CNS (2015)

… it’s time we take this issue seriously. Including cutting it off at the source.

We need to do this both for the lives of those addicted and for the loved ones those addictions hurt."

http://clashdaily.com/2017/04/happy-days-star-erin-moran-dead-suspected-heroin-overdose-56/

Date: April 23, 2017 04:16PM

I agree that Heroin could be the cause of her death - and it may even be the most likely cause of her death.

I am just saying do not ever trust the daily fail as a eliable source.

I dont want to cross over the 'political discussion' line and get deleted by the mods - but it is a fact that the heroin epidemic has gotten worse since the US invasion of Afghanistan.
Heroin is a real problem and the daily fail may simply be 'backing the favourite' as a cause

my point still stands. a lot of media are linking back to the daily fail as a source, and - the usual situation - some of the media who are using unnamed sources, are - in fact - getting their own info, third hand, simply from the daily fail original story.

I write this because I was a fan, and had a real crush on erin/joanie when I was younger
[and also, obviously because i have a hatred of the bigoted daily mail]

Al I am saying is, lets leave the discussion of primary causes until there is a reliable source of how she died

Posted by: Devoted Exmo ( )
Date: April 24, 2017 09:09PM

According to CNN, her autopsy showed that she died from complications from stage 4 cancer.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/04/24/entertainment/erin-moran-cause-of-death/

Date: April 24, 2017 10:15PM

It could of been an unintentional fatal dose of pain meds. If she was in hospice, she probably had some , since she was probably in severe pain.That was sad that nobody knew about it, unless they did and she wanted to keep it quiet. You've seen other celebrities on their death beds and the press hanging out all over , no privacy

Date: April 24, 2017 10:18PM

It's surprising her autopsy results would be known so soon. Those usually take weeks or months before the findings are released to the public.

There was no mention before this newest press release she suffered from cancer. Let alone stage 4.

Very strange.

Date: April 25, 2017 04:12AM

Amyjo Wrote:
> It's surprising her autopsy results would be known
> so soon. Those usually take weeks or months before
> the findings are released to the public.
>
> There was no mention before this newest press
> release she suffered from cancer. Let alone stage
> 4.
>
> Very strange.

There is no toxicology report yet but police say they found no evidence of illegal narcotics in her home.
I would assume cancer would be obvious to anyone who had access to her medical records..........It's not something you would *just make up* for the sake of hiding something else.

I recognise that we do not have the automatic right to know about someones health , just because she was a celeb, years ago

I recognise that people are interested because of that celebrity status, but an autopsy will take time

I am sorry you cant use this to further your online rants against heroin..........dont worry, I am sure there will be another tragic death along shortly, which will fit your narrative.

I am glad that the daily mail - and all the other shiat-sheets who copied from it - have been shown to be liars (once again)

RIP Erin, I am so happy that you'll always live on in people's memories as Joanie the sweet teen from Happy Days - and not as just another drug addict death

Date: April 25, 2017 04:33AM

By all accounts, she was into heroin. I don't know how you just decide one news source is wrong, when dozens were reporting the same thing. Or for that matter where you get your information that only the Daily News is the source of that "fake" news. Toxicology reports will be out for weeks and months. So any autopsy reports this soon after her death should be as suspect as reports of her having stage 4 cancer.

Neither is "verified" ie, toxicology or diagnosis. What was known is the incredible washup she became since Happy Days. And she was into hard drugs by friends and family who knew her.

Alternative facts and fake news is great, if you like to keep your head buried in sand.

I'm not convinced of anything, other than I know when someone's spewing BS. And your narrative fits that description.

Date: April 25, 2017 04:17AM

Amyjo Wrote:

>
> There was no mention before this newest press
> release she suffered from cancer. Let alone stage
> 4.
>
> Very strange.

Not strange if you accept the fact that THE DAILY MAIL MAKES SHIAT UP
they will have done little, if any, research before coming out with their story.
and all the media pointing back to the Daily Mail...... well - if your primary source is a sewer, what are you going to pass on?

Date: April 24, 2017 10:29PM

Something rotten in Denmark?

Date: April 25, 2017 04:43AM

Erin's co-stars, including Scott Baio, had this to say about her death:

"Happy Days cast members and fans have been mourning the death of Erin Moran, who played Richie Cunningham’s kid sister, Joanie, in both the original series and its short-lived spin-off, Joanie Loves Chachi. Amid the tributes, there has also been discussion of Moran’s struggles with drug and alcohol addiction, a spiral that had seen Moran maintaining a low profile until 2012, when it was reported that she and her husband had been evicted from their Indiana trailer park. That troubled history has led some to speculate that substance abuse may have played a role in her death—including her Joanie Loves Chachi co-star, Scott Baio.

Baio was among the first to pay heartfelt tribute to Moran shortly after her death was announced, tweeting, “May people remember Erin for her contagious smile, warm heart, and animal loving soul. I always hoped she could find peace in her life. God has you now, Erin.” Yet as Variety reports, he struck a more pointed note during a radio interview with WABC’s The Bernie & Sid Show this morning:

I’m OK, a little shocked but not completely shocked that this happened. My thing is, I feel bad because her whole life, she was troubled, could never find what made her happy and content. For me, you do drugs or drink, you’re gonna die. I’m sorry if that’s cold, but God gave you a brain, gave you the will to live and thrive and you gotta take care of yourself."

http://www.avclub.com/article/scott-baio-late-co-star-erin-moran-you-do-drugs-or-254220

Date: April 25, 2017 05:33AM

“Happy Days” star Erin Moran died broke and homeless despite the best efforts of her sitcom support community, industry acquaintances said Sunday.

Moran, 56, who played meddlesome little sister Joanie Cunningham, fell on hard times, and was reduced with her husband to sharing a trailer home in Indiana with her mother-in-law before they were kicked out.

But even that rock-bottom existence had an escape route if only Moran had reached out, said people who knew of her troubles.

That included “The Donna Reed Show” actor Paul Petersen, who penned a pair of notes explaining that Moran had a solid support system, but seemingly chose not to use it.

“I am proud of our efforts over the years to help Erin Moran whose troubles were many and complex,” Petersen wrote in a Facebook post.

Paul Petersen said his non-profit A Minor Consideration tried to help Moran in her final days, to no avail.

Moran (l.) died Saturday, after Petersen (r.) said she denied help.
“Don’t doubt for a moment that we tried … sincerely tried through time and treasure … to give comfort to one of our own.”

Petersen, the founder and leader of A Minor Consideration, went on to say at least six former child stars attempted to reach out to Moran in the week leading up to her death.

“Erin had friends and she knew it,” he continued. “Abandonment was not the issue. The perversity of human frailty is at the root of this loss, not failure. We did our best with the resources available to us, but it was a very dark room. Some don’t find the light switch in time.

“She was so far away in Indiana,” he wrote. “The help she ran from was right here, as close as a call ... Erin Moran lived and she mattered.”

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/child-star-advocate-paul-petersen-erin-moran-article-1.3091693

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.