Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: kativicky ( )
Date: April 23, 2017 09:17AM

Good Morning Everyone!!! It is going to be a cool raining day here in Eastern NC. I am going to be playing my Sims 3 game for a while today and trying to do some homework as well. I am probably going to need to plan a trip to the grocery store today as well because I ran out of coffee creamer and the cats are going to need some more can cat food very soon.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: lillium ( )
Date: April 23, 2017 09:21AM

Cool and rainy here in Boise too. I'll go for a walk soon if the wind doesn't start blowing. After I'm done with my coffee.

Then I need to clean the bathroom. Ugh but a thousand percent better than church.

Posted by: sunbeep ( )
Date: April 23, 2017 09:28AM

At the moment, just enjoying a steaming cup of Folgers with a dash of Almond Joy creamer. Mr. coffee never lets me down. Then, in a couple of hours, I'll mow the front lawn around the same time my neighbors all leave for church. Me in my wife beater, them in their dress-up clothes. Sunday is a good day for grocery shopping too, a lot less crowded.

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: April 23, 2017 09:33AM

Surfing the Net....heading in for coffee with my group in an hour. Overcast and cool here in southern Alberta. Was expecting rain or a snow flurrie when I awoke but nothing yet.

Posted by: Itzpapalotl ( )
Date: April 23, 2017 10:01AM

Finishing up one of my last philosophy tests regarding social philosophy, Marx's alienation concept, Nozickian philosophy and other light-hearted stuff.

Maybe make a pork loin for dinner and continue to monitor all my kitties who all caught an upper respiratory this week, but are all getting back to normal. My vets are fantastic!

Posted by: ren ( )
Date: April 23, 2017 12:34PM

Getting over a minor hangover, making vegan pancakes, and doing my homework. I'm taking 23 units this quarter (12 is a full time student, and for over 21.5 you need to get permission from the college) because I suddenly decided to double major, but the workload is surprisingly manageable! After that I'm going to draw some tentative tattoo designs.

Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: April 23, 2017 02:05PM

One of my children once pulled 27 credits of straight math and science one semester, while student teaching and work study. Managed to get straight A's and B's. If I'd have tried that would have had a nervous breakdown after two weeks.

Science majors skips generations in my family.

My major was Political Science with a specialization in International Relations. Loved it. Though that was a lifetime ago, and the work I have done since had little to do with my major.

Date: April 23, 2017 02:40PM

27 units of math and science is impressive! I'm planning on taking 27 units next fall and I'm technically a science major (wildlife science technician/resource management and pollution prevention), but there's not very much homework because the classes are more oriented around field/lab work.

I'd have a cumulative 4.0 if it wasn't for the A- I got in BoM while I was at BYU, but I think it's very fitting that that's the class I was worst at.

Date: April 23, 2017 03:43PM

I honestly don't know how my adult child did that. Was a triple major in math, physics, and computer science. Was two credits shy of the triple major when graduating (short in math credits only.)

Could pull all nighters on homework assignments. His classmates could always count on him in group studies to bring up their grades lol. He thrived on the challenge.

I don't know where my children got their discipline for school and studying. Both were overachievers and highly disciplined.

It was important to me to provide as stable a home as I could for my kids. Maybe because I grew up without that stability; I vowed my children would have some. I overcompensated as a single mom in some respects.

I struggled through school, not because I was slow, but because of being disadvantaged - socio-economically. Was the first of my siblings to get my college degree - and the only girl in my family. My oldest brother told me he had to go back to school so he wouldn't be shown up by his little sister. Then my other brothers followed suit. We all have degrees today, including advanced. :)

I was beyond thrilled when learned in 2012 we are cousins of Max Born, Nobel Physicist and Math professor. He's the only other person in my family we're aware of to have both those disciplines as his college degrees besides my adult child.

Max's mother died when he was just a little boy. His father remarried, but it was Max's mother's family that in addition to his dad were his greatest benefactors throughout his life. His mother was my 2nd cousin, and Max was my 3rd. Her mother married a wealthy industrialist. Her mom was the daughter of our common ancestors, who were book printers and publishers of the Talmud and Hebrew prayer books.

Max and Albert Einstein were best buddies throughout life. They played violin duets together, and argued about their respective beliefs in God together. Einstein believed God was in perfect control of the Universe. While Max believed God is detached and observes from a distance. Both men were Jewish with Jewish expressions of their faith as distinctive as they were.

Date: April 23, 2017 09:06PM

Wow, congrats on the degrees! I'm fortunate enough to have lots of financial support from parents, so I'm hoping for the rest of my education to be a challenge but manageably so.

Posted by: Hockey Rat ( )
Date: April 23, 2017 12:44PM

It's raining here too, at east it's not hot today. We're going to go to the grocery store then watch the hockey game at 3:00

Date: April 23, 2017 01:57PM

Attended the annual Holocaust Memorial event where I live. It was packed to overflowing between the parking lot, and the auditorium.

We had security guards on duty resembling Steven Seagal. You wouldn't want to mess with those guys! :)

Later attended a brunch. Then did some shopping. After which I returned home to a yappy dog, and planted Azaleas in my yard, with some miniature daffodils.

It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood. The kind of day to be outside and do more yardwork, which I intend to do before attacking the housework.

:)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/23/2017 01:59PM by Amyjo.

Date: April 23, 2017 02:21PM

http://www.ynetnews.com/PicServer4/2016/05/05/6984206/69841950100498980613no.jpg
I don't know how to copy and paste on this site and have it work, but this is a nice article on it
We lived close to the one in DC, but I don't like looking at graphic photos. I know I'll start crying, but so will others.
I'm more concerned of fainting or throwing up.
What was the museum like, as far as graphic ?

Date: April 23, 2017 02:23PM

The picture comes on, but not the article.

Date: April 23, 2017 03:44PM

Is that a Holocaust Museum you posted links to? I saw the picture of cars parked on a street, but don't know other than the European license plates, where it is.

Date: April 23, 2017 10:36PM

Sorry, just saw your reply. It's done remembrance event that starts at Warsaw square in Poland, and the concentration camp, I think it was some kind of March. Some survivors from The Holocaust suppose to speak or make comments, don't know if it's live or via tape
It corresponds with a event in Jerusalem.

Date: April 23, 2017 10:42PM

http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-4952230,00.html
See if this works. My husband tried after s few attempts. He's good with computers, but has trouble with this site on having it show up highlighted, where you can just click it. Other proplehere seem to be able to do it though

Posted by: severedpuppetstrings ( )
Date: April 23, 2017 08:37PM

I did some volunteer work at Franklin Park, DC. I love being able to volunteer without any ulterior motive - the way it goes in church.

And a friend of mine and I went to Artomatic where we went to a book reading.

Posted by: Human ( )
Date: April 23, 2017 09:04PM

Food shopping

Food prep for the week

Read Antigone

About to watch Netflix "Love" then early night.

Human

Posted by: sbg ( )
Date: April 23, 2017 09:54PM

Watched my great nephew's first Little a League game. He was wearing my brother's number so that was kind of fun.

Posted by: knotheadusc ( )
Date: April 24, 2017 02:47AM

We went to Monkey Hill near Lake Constance and fed monkeys popcorn.

Posted by: rationalist01 ( )
Date: April 24, 2017 05:45PM

Not what I usually do! I usually treat it as a second Saturday. I am back in Utah for a visit, and as an accommodation to someone, I went to sac. meeting. It's the same boring thing, with the exception of a New Rule from the brethern. No more hand held electronic devices allowed in SM! No phones, no tablets. I guess they finally caught on to everyone trying to get through the bore-fest by playing angry birds.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/24/2017 05:46PM by rationalist01.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.