Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: anybody ( )
Date: May 02, 2017 08:15PM

This woman is crazy (see video). Sexual orientation and sexual identity develop in utero and are innate and immutable to each individual.

http://www.rightwingwatch.org/post/anti-lgbtq-activist-warns-that-equality-activists-are-in-a-war-with-christ-and-christians/

"They intend, and they are very successful so far, in brainwashing our children to believe that sodomy is right and good,” she told the gathering. “We are trying to show parents what is happening to our children and, excuse me if I say this, we should be screaming bloody murder in the streets. We should be screaming bloody murder in the street. This is not right! … Those teachers that do this, that teach sodomy to little children, many people call them child abusers and I agree.”

“I learned the hard way the true agenda of the radical left, it’s domination of our children and our culture,” Armke continued. “Sixth graders are now deciding they are homosexual and I’m just asking a question: how can a child who doesn’t even have proper hormones yet know if they’re homosexual unless they’ve somehow been abused already?”

In the end, Armke got so upset over the gays that she burst into tears and had to leave the stage.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/02/2017 08:19PM by anybody.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: dagny ( )
Date: May 02, 2017 08:24PM

Lady, why don't you just worry about your own d@mn life.

Get these Christians out of everyone's pants already.

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: May 02, 2017 08:29PM

Amen, dagny.

Treating all human beings kindly and fairly is not "teaching sodomy to little children."

Oh, and I'm not at war with imaginary "christ" or christians...but I come close when it comes to bigots like her.

Posted by: Tall Man, Short Hair ( )
Date: May 03, 2017 01:32AM

anybody Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> This woman is crazy (see video). Sexual
> orientation and sexual identity develop in utero
> and are innate and immutable to each individual.
>

I'm not defending this woman, but your statement is an opinion, not a proven fact.

American Psychological Association (The largest scientific and professional organization of psychologists in the United States):

"There is no consensus among scientists about the exact reasons that an individual develops a heterosexual, bisexual, gay, or lesbian orientation. Although much research has examined the possible genetic, hormonal, developmental, social, and cultural influences on sexual orientation, no findings have emerged that permit scientists to conclude that sexual orientation is determined by any particular factor or factors. Many think that nature and nurture both play complex roles; most people experience little or no sense of choice about their sexual orientation"
http://www.apa.org/topics/lgbt/orientation.pdf

Trudy Ring, writing in the gay publication, "The Advocate:"

"But an increasing body of social science research posits that a sizable number of people experience some degree of fluidity in their sexual and romantic attractions: being drawn to the same gender at one point in their life, the opposite gender at another. Researchers emphasize that this is not something that can be imposed from without, as “ex-gay” therapy would attempt to do, but something that occurs from within. Although our supporters already recognize that why we love who we love is irrelevant, embracing fluid orientations may call for a new approach in advocating for our rights."
http://www.advocate.com/health/love-and-sex/2014/02/11/exploring-umbrella-bisexuality-and-fluidity

JOHN D’EMILIO is a professor of history and of gender and women’s studies at the University of Illinois at Chicago.

"I hope you see where I’m going with this: “born gay” is an idea with a large constituency, LGBT and otherwise. It’s an idea designed to allay the ingrained fears of a homophobic society and the internalized fears of gays, lesbians, and bisexuals. What’s most amazing to me about the “born gay” phenomenon is that the scientific evidence for it is thin as a reed, yet it doesn’t matter. It’s an idea with such social utility that one doesn’t need much evidence in order to make it attractive and credible."
http://isreview.org/issue/65/lgbt-liberation-build-broad-movement

Posted by: anybody ( )
Date: May 03, 2017 06:38AM

http://borngay.procon.org/view.answers.php?questionID=001335

there is the preponderance of evidence:

http://kidshealth.org/en/parents/sexual-orientation.html#kha_21

and also common sense. Sex and gender lie on a spectrum and are not binary states. Some people are on the end of the spectrum, some are in the middle. What is known is that sex awareness develops around age three or four and sexual identity and orientation can't be changed. I'd like to see if you are suddenly going be sexually attracted to other men out of nowhere.

BTW, I am surprised that you find any religious conservative behaviour repugnant. Congratulations on acting like a human being with compassion for once.

Posted by: EssexExMo ( )
Date: May 03, 2017 05:32AM

I Just idly wonder what things she enjoys 'in the bedroom department'.
Not that I care, but wouldn't it be ironic if she just loves a little bit of sodomy, herself [although she would probably call it something different]

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: May 03, 2017 07:48AM

Oh no ! It's teh gehz again !

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.