Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: shapeshifter ( )
Date: May 04, 2017 03:50PM

Okay so I am here to confess. I was the one to leave my bra on top of Brigham Young's head on the BYU campus in 1992.

Well actually I had two accomplices. We wore all black and snuck onto campus (giggling madly) in the middle of the night armed with piles of lingerie.

We thought it would be fun to cover Brigham Young in our sexy lingerie. We also attacked a couple of other statues nearby.

The best part was the bra on the head. That was my doing.

I went back to campus just after dawn to take photos. But alas they had already been removed by whom ?..

I don't know probably the Standards Police. I couldn't believe how quick they had been! But there was one statue still with some underwear on it. One of those kids holding hands or something, I can't remember.

So I got a photo of that. Not sure where it is now. I really wanted the Brigham one.

That's what I am most proud of. I confess, but I am NOT sorry! Esp. not after learning what a murderous horrible person he was!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/04/2017 03:51PM by shapeshifter.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Obbie1958 ( )
Date: May 04, 2017 04:21PM

Actually, I saw you and your friends. I took your things and still have them. I loved the panties. Oh, and the bustier was wonderful. I keep it on my blow up doll. If you would like the things back, please let me know.

Posted by: ziller ( )
Date: May 04, 2017 05:04PM

El ~ oh ~ el

Posted by: Serge ( )
Date: May 04, 2017 04:25PM

I was at the Y in 1992. I cannot stop smiling thinking about your post and how much fun you and your friends had that night. But I wonder how differently I would have thought had I seen your bra on his head back then.

Date: May 04, 2017 04:52PM

LOL! Firstly there was no bustier, so that means 'Obbie1958' you are 'busted!' Ha!

And Serge, OMG! How funny! (and OMG is your name actually Serge because I knew one while at BYU!!! Did you know the 'blue house girls' and were you involved with the Student Review and that whole group??)

Well at the time honestly we weren't angry, just having a bit of irreverent fun. We weren't even trying to make a statement, except maybe to say things were a bit too oppressive there and people needed to loosen up some!

But now, I feel like I would mean it in an entirely different way! :)

Posted by: Serge ( )
Date: May 04, 2017 05:51PM

No Serge was my nickname from HS. It was my name in French class and everyone started going with it. I enjoyed my time at the Y and had a good time with the girls I dated there. However, I think I was one of the few guys who graduated and left Mecca without a wife. It was meant to be because I met my wife while going to graduate school in another state.

Posted by: sunnyday ( )
Date: May 06, 2017 11:43AM

Hi shapeshifter,
read your story on the other thread, a heart rending tale familiar to most here.
Your mention of the blue house girls brought back some memories of off campus life many years ago. I dated a really cool blue house girl a few times around that time but I was a jerk and it unravelled after both she and another girl I was dating came to see me singing with Dwayne and Spanky at that little live music venue whose name I've forgotten over on 700 East. I blame Brigham.
Do you remember the name of that music venue?

Posted by: memikeyounot ( )
Date: May 04, 2017 04:58PM

Did this story make the news in Salt Lake City? If so, I remember it and this is the first time I've thought of it in 25 years.

I was working at ZCMI at the Cottonwood Mall in 1992, and there was a nice woman who worked in the department and had done for many years. She was a true TBM and didn't hesitate to let us know when she thought anyone in the store wasn't being absolutely the best TBM that they could be.

She was at work and I guess saw this in the newspaper--the internet was just coming on board and it wasn't a source of daily news for most people.

But she was so upset to think someone would disrespect "The Lord's University" as she called it. It was kind of funny and I hope I'm thinking of the same thing.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/04/2017 07:27PM by memikeyounot.

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: May 04, 2017 05:38PM

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: May 04, 2017 06:10PM

Excellent prank. Inspired.

Posted by: gatorman ( )
Date: May 05, 2017 02:36AM

Frankly I would have thought an art major would have painted a bra and panties on Brigham....perhaps to go with his cross dressing son?

Gatorman
Being irreverent and enjoying it

Date: May 05, 2017 10:14AM

Ha ha. Yes I should have used paint, but wasn't quite that rebellious (yet)!

I never saw a news article about it. If I had I would have kept it! But maybe? I wouldn't have gotten anything from Salt Lake while in Provo so it's possible I missed it.

Yes I am sure those who knew about it would have been just utterly shocked and offended. Such a terrible 'sin'.. and yes at the 'Lord's University' how could something so awful happen THERE?! :)

And Serge, well sounds like you're probably not the one I knew. Too bad. :)

S

Posted by: Breeze ( )
Date: May 06, 2017 02:12AM

I wish someone had done that, when I was at BYU. Funny!

My cousin and I changed the lettering on the sign at the entrance to BYU. Probably that sign isn't there anymore.... It said:

Enter to learn
Go forth to serve

We thought our version told the truth:

Enter to serve
Go forth to learn

When we returned the next fall, no one had changed the sign back! It had stayed that way all summer! We figured it made better sense, the way we had it, so no one thought anything about it.

Posted by: janis ( )
Date: May 06, 2017 02:50PM

Maybe someone here could photo shop that memory back into reality for you.

Posted by: Rollerblader ( )
Date: May 06, 2017 07:17PM

Regulars Poster here.

I was one of the (main) ones causing rollerblading [escapades]fun [ruckus] all over (talk about lsd) why-be-you [why not? "Be Yourself. Everybody Else Is Already Taken" _Oscar Wilde] campus in 1999-2000 era.

The cops would chase me/ us and only occasionally get lucky and trouble us. 35 +/- mph - their cars, legs, bike wheels could keep pace. We gave them he'll - hell, That's what they were looking for.

Posted by: Spellchecker ( )
Date: May 06, 2017 07:19PM

Regular
Couldn't
Hell

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.