Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: anybody ( )
Date: May 05, 2017 02:58AM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/05/2017 03:00AM by anybody.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Breeze ( )
Date: May 05, 2017 03:26AM

I was so confused as a child and teen-ager, raised in a cult that was the opposite of what it claimed to be. Yes, everything they said was the opposite of what they did.

Add to that: Lies are Truth, Good is evil (JS)

Posted by: badassadam ( )
Date: May 05, 2017 12:28PM

The cult ruined everything for me it even gave me crazy thoughts and ideas which was just normal beliefs for them.

Posted by: Babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: May 05, 2017 04:22AM

There ought to be a law.

Posted by: EssexExMo ( )
Date: May 05, 2017 07:50AM

I Honestly thought this was going to be about a certain nperson who will remain nameless.

Rape is a pre-existing medical condition
taking away health care from 24 million people is a great day for american healthcare
getting your nasty laws passed by one lousy vote is a great victory

well, you get the idea

Posted by: anonuk ( )
Date: May 05, 2017 08:58AM

what is wrong is taught as right and what is right is taught as wrong. almost makes one believe bible prophecy.

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: May 05, 2017 09:33AM

anonuk Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> what is wrong is taught as right and what is right
> is taught as wrong. almost makes one believe
> bible prophecy.

Who decides what's "right" and "wrong?"
The bible?
Then we should kill people for picking up sticks on Saturdays, I guess. And force rape victims to marry their rapists. And destroy cities that aren't Jewish, killing all the men, women, children, and animals in them...except for the young virgin girls, whom we should take to have sex with.
'Cause those are all things the bible declares "right."

Posted by: anonuk ( )
Date: May 05, 2017 08:00PM

you do understand what 'almost' means, don't you? sorry if you do not and I made an assumption that everyone here could read and understand english.

I know, I know, assuming anything makes an ASS out of U and ME, I shall endeavour not to do so again.

for future reference, just so we have clarity:

almost
ADVERB

Not quite; very nearly.
‘he almost knocked Georgina over’
‘the place was almost empty’
‘blues, jazz—he can play almost anything’

https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/almost

Posted by: presleynfactsrock ( )
Date: May 05, 2017 11:50AM

I remember after reading Orwell's 1984 thinking what a masterful book it was, yet at the same time, questioning that something that extremely evil could ever exist. Maybe it had something to do with my age.

But here we are. There are those and THEY DO EXIST, that want to turn the masses into their working slaves, and yes, to turn morality topsy-turvy.

But, as I see it, there are thinking, caring people who are standing up strong and tall for what is right, fair, and honorable. It is a wonderful sight.

And, a lot of you are on this forum. Voices who do not remain quiet when injustice is being done...voices who call a spade a spade....and voices who do not hesitate to call a lie what it is ....a damn, evil, deplorable lie.

I guess if I am thankful for the MormonCult for anything it is for the courage and anger it instilled in me. I refuse to cave- in to the mentality that this NON-THINKING-SLAVE-MENTALITY fosters. No person on this earth has the right to chart my course in life. No one.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/05/2017 11:57AM by presleynfactsrock.

Posted by: midwestanon ( )
Date: May 05, 2017 09:06PM

War is peace. Freedom is slavery. Ignorance is strength.

I don't know about biblical prophecies, but Orwell was onto something almost seventy years ago...

Posted by: caffiend ( )
Date: May 06, 2017 01:31AM

Let's not forget that Orwell was a believing Communist, decrying Bolshevik/Leninist/Stalinist Russia.

"Power is not a means, it is an end. One does not establish a dictatorship in order to safeguard a revolution; one makes the revolution in order to establish the dictatorship."

"Each generation imagines itself to be more intelligent than the one that went before it, and wiser than the one that comes after it."

One of my favorite quotes of his is "attributed" to him. It is actually an amalgam with a partial quote from Kipling:

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."

Posted by: midwestanon ( )
Date: May 06, 2017 05:30AM

What is your point?

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.