Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: canary21 ( )
Date: May 05, 2017 10:15PM

I read that members can get a missionary name tag made if they volunteer as ward missionaries. I am assuming if this is so, they make the name tags from Utah and mail them out. How many ways can one get a missionary name tag?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Agnes Broomhead ( )
Date: May 05, 2017 10:22PM

Is it practical to use this for a "straw purchase" and give them out to impersonators who are not members of TSCC, primarily the stage actors for The Book Of Mormon musical? The fake name tags are hideous and not even close to the real thing.

Posted by: nomonomo ( )
Date: May 06, 2017 08:11AM

The real things are hideous too

Posted by: sunbeep ( )
Date: May 05, 2017 10:52PM

I don't know of any ways to get a missionary name tag other than go on a mission. Do you have two years to spare? You can keep the name tag afterwards, along with all the memories [nightmares].

Posted by: sunbeep ( )
Date: May 05, 2017 10:56PM

I just seen on Ebay you can order name tags that look just like the real thing. Search missionary name tag and see what you think.

Posted by: Babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: May 06, 2017 12:25AM

Brilliant. You could photocopy a name tag and duplicate the artwork using a churchy font. A guy could use such a thing at BYU to get laid. Oh, to be 20 again.

Posted by: Visitors Welcome ( )
Date: May 06, 2017 08:46AM

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: May 06, 2017 07:34AM

There have been cases of guys dressing up like missionaries to gain access to TBM homes and businesses.

Posted by: anon ex-RM ( )
Date: May 06, 2017 11:31AM

The back of my old missionary name tag (the one I received in the field, not in the MTC) has the name of its manufacturer. I'm guessing that board rules prevent identifying the name of the company.

However, they are located in Rapid City, SDak. I just Googled "name tag rapid city" and they are apparently still in business. It won't be difficult to find them (Rapid City ain't that big) if you're serious about acquiring one.

FWIW.

Posted by: Hedning ( )
Date: May 06, 2017 02:22PM

Several years ago a local printing company made missionary name tags in their store I don't remember if were used by stake missionaries or what but I do remember seeing people buy them. Looked pretty much like my official missionary name tag.

Posted by: canary21 ( )
Date: May 06, 2017 08:19PM

What is the local printing company?

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.