Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: sunbeep ( )
Date: May 07, 2017 07:12PM

In my opinion:

The top dogs of the mighty morg machine are not stupid men. They didn't just fall to where they are, they seen an opportunity and they went after it like a Honey Badger on a grub. Did they know that what they were selling was bunk? I believe that they had figured it out at some point in time before they were given a key to the Celestial Men's Room. Do they know now what they are selling and doing? I believe that they do indeed know exactly what they are doing.

I was duped by leaders who were not all that high on the ladder, mostly my Parents, Sunday school teachers, Primary teachers, Seminary teachers, Bishops, and a slew of other teachers/leaders. I don't believe that they knew what they were selling or doing, they were just pawns in a religious game of destiny. They were duped just like everyone else and then they helped to propagate the game.

I carried a fair amount of anger and resentment towards all of my leaders until I decided that they weren't entirely guilty of the great deceptions. Sure they carried it on, but they didn't know any better. It was the top dogs at the very top who had to know and did nothing except feather their own beds. That is what galls me. They surely must know that they are living a lie, yet they carry onward like a Christian Soldier marching as to war.

I dunno, just doesn't seem fair or honest.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: May 07, 2017 08:45PM

They took a lot of money from my family, and, with help from my stupid father, beggared my childhood. No forgiveness for him or them.

Posted by: canary21 ( )
Date: May 07, 2017 11:32PM

sunbeep Wrote:
"I dunno, just doesn't seem fair or honest."

That is because it is not. It's called a criminal offense --- they are defrauding people, stealing their money, and lying to them. I don't feel the least bit guilty cheating their tithing system for a TR, but I do love the people. Just not the church.

Posted by: Babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: May 08, 2017 10:37AM

Now there's an attitude I can roll with. Love the people, hate the church.

Date: May 08, 2017 12:29PM

Babyloncansuckit, I am glad I helped you in that way.

It is no one's fault that they were born into it and it is all that they know. We need to respond with patience and have a soft landing spot for our Mormon friends to fall upon when they are ready to leave their comfort zone.

Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: May 08, 2017 10:31AM

They're con men, highly skilled in the art of the con.

For those higher ups who truly believe, they're still only partners in crime with their more astute co-horts.

We were hoodwinked growing up. So was my dad, his siblings, and their forebears.

Today the multi-generations that've remained are what I consider to be "watered down" Mormons. Not as questioning, not as critical of thinkers as their cousins and siblings who've left are.

Some stay out of fear of the unknown. What would happen to them if they were to leave, and have their security blanket ripped from them?

The same things we've dealt with by leaving, some are more comfortable with the 'institution' that orders their lives for them so they don't have to take accountability for themselves.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/08/2017 10:41AM by Amyjo.

Date: May 08, 2017 12:30PM

Amyjo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

"The same things we've dealt with by leaving, some are more comfortable with the 'institution' that orders their lives for them so they don't have to take accountability for themselves."

Amyjo, what do you mean by this?

Date: May 08, 2017 01:36PM

It means exactly what it says.

Some stay out of insecurity. They'd rather stay cultural Mormons than deal with reality of it being a farce (pretending it to be real is a farce.)

I still don't get your reasoning to fake it long enough to obtain a temple recommend so you can see the inside of the temple ceremony for yourself.

That seems fraudulent to me as well. But to each their own. Not feeling guilty about it because of the scam perpetrated on its members, doesn't make two wrongs right IMO. It's dishonest no matter how you try to spin it.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/08/2017 01:43PM by Amyjo.

Date: May 08, 2017 07:27PM

I don't cheat other people of their hard-earned money and brainwash people. I do understand what you mean, though.

Date: May 08, 2017 09:02PM

Well you have more grit than I do. Going through the temple wasn't on my bucket list even when I was a practicing TBM. I suppose had the right man come and swept me off my feet I might have considered. The men I dated tended to not be LDS. The ones who were were not someone I could see getting through this life with, let alone eternity.

I went to a funeral once in high school of a beloved high school coach whom I didn't know from Adam so I could get the excused absence from class. It was one of the worst decisions I ever made. To feign sympathy and mourning for a complete stranger just wasn't worth getting out of school over, I decided after the fact.

It was my motivation for going, but the wrong motive.

Posted by: badassadam ( )
Date: May 08, 2017 03:02PM

I also concluded that those men are no idiots they are cunning foxes as a wise man once said. Even though a few do appear to be idiots like Holland.

Date: May 08, 2017 03:20PM

Well for sure Paul Dunn was a compulsive liar.

He was so convincing and one of the most beloved apostles ever lived. But such a lying conniving POS, it's a wonder he lasted as long as he did.

It worked so well for him for decades. He's just one of the marauders who used Mormonism as his bully pulpit to make a million dollars off the tithers. Those guys have gotten filthy rich off the lucre of the peasant class they "serve."

He had to know it was a farce when he went along with it because he was a complete farce himself the entire time.

Posted by: smirkorama ( )
Date: May 08, 2017 03:27PM

sunbeep Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> In my opinion:
>
> The top dogs of the mighty morg machine are not
> stupid men. They didn't just fall to where they
> are,

I like that observation. not only did they get where they are due to heavy aspiring, ambition, calculated effort, and campaigning they also understand very well how to heavily discount the sacrifice and efforts of others.

My Mission PRes often spoke of faith as a critical key to success. I needed faith to make it to through my mission, however, according to him I had nt made any sacrifice at all to be out on a mission. I and most of the other missionaries had all merely ended up where the MORmON wind had blown us. We only thought that we missed our family, friends and girl friends. I was him that had made the huge sacrifice to be out there leading us. Just ask him.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.