Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Drew90 ( )
Date: May 26, 2017 03:47PM

The company that hires RM's. I ignored the doorbell the first time. The next day I'm out doing yard work out one arrives. I told him I'm not interested. I don't want to listen to their crap about it

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/26/2017 04:01PM by Drew90.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: carameldreams ( )
Date: May 26, 2017 05:02PM

They are the worst door to door salespeople. So aggressive. The LDS training makes for the most obnoxious of beings.

Posted by: notmonotloggedin ( )
Date: May 26, 2017 05:20PM

Posted by: anybody ( )
Date: May 26, 2017 05:41PM

Posted by: gatorman ( )
Date: May 26, 2017 06:33PM

What do they sell? Boner pay attention here...

Gatorman

Posted by: sd allison ( )
Date: May 27, 2017 02:28AM

They sell alarm and home automation systems.

Posted by: StillAnon ( )
Date: May 27, 2017 12:39PM

Yeah- and they have a horrible reputation. Lying sales techniques, swapping contracts, misrepresenting themselves as your current alarm company that wants to upgrade you, contracts that are almost impossible to get out of, etc. Just lying scum. But, hey- after spending two years lying to strangers about the LDS church, ex-missionaries should find working at Vivant a piece of cake.

Posted by: StillAnon ( )
Date: May 27, 2017 06:56PM

They're also banned in cities in Georgia, Oregon, Wyoming, etc. Pretty damn bad when your company is banned from doing business in US cities.

Posted by: Villager ( )
Date: May 28, 2017 12:16AM

...and now they have expanded to Vivint Solar.

Posted by: Breeze ( )
Date: May 27, 2017 02:58AM

LOL! I thought they sold bug extermination!

I wouldn't let them talk. I told them, "No--we have two cats that take care of everything!" Then I interrupted his reply and said, "Have a nice day" and closed the door.

No wonder the guy thought I was nuts! Ha-ha-ha!

BTW, making the salesperson think you are nuts is a good way to get rid of them, and missionaries, too. As you know, I can ramble on and on (I do type very fast!), and my favorite thing to do with pesky missionaries, is to get that far-away look in my eye, and start rambling on about my latest cause (League of Women voters or PETA, or GreenPeace, which Mormons don't like), or brag about my relative that's always running for office, to get their vote. I make it clear that my aim is to keep them as a captive audience, and try to get them to DONATE MONEY. I have a bench on my front porch, and I take a comfortable seat, while the missionaries have to stand. Just when they start to look desperate, I say, "OH! I forgot. I have something cooking on the stove--it's probably burning!" and I leave in a rush, before they can ask me to refer a friend or neighbor or my children or grandchildren. The missionaries haven't come back, though...I wonder why.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: May 27, 2017 07:21AM

I would never buy something sold door to door. Well, maybe Girl Scout cookies, but even the Girl Scouts don't sell that way anymore.

I want to look at all my options. If I want home security, I'm going to see what's available in my area, make inquiries, and select the company that I want. I'm not going to buy from some random person who shows up on my doorstep, and who may be here today and gone tomorrow.

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: May 27, 2017 10:14AM

Never tell a stranger specifics about your "home security" as they might use the information to clean out your assets.

Also, don't tell strangers about your credit cards or other specifics about your schedule or situation.

Posted by: dagny ( )
Date: May 27, 2017 10:22AM

Good advice.

Posted by: looking in ( )
Date: May 27, 2017 12:32PM

My friend's husband got talked into buying an alarm system from a door to door Vivent salesman last summer. They go away to Arizona for 6 months in the winter and I take care of their house.

After 6 months of that, I know I'd never sign on. The system frequently didn't disarm after I put in the door code and I had to run to the interior keypad to disarm it again. The alarm went off twice while I was in the house, after I had disabled the system. The first time, nobody from Vivant came on over the speaker to ask if everything was ok. I just disarmed it again and that was that. The second time, someone did contact me, but seemed pretty satisfied when I gave my name and said I was the house sitter. (My friend had not previously given my name to the company.) She was supposed to ask me for the secret code word to ensure I was really supposed to be there, but she didn't. Maybe I was someone who had managed to get hold of the door code from the real house sitter?

When I talked to my friend, she said she got an email about it, and they told her that they had talked to "looking in" and everything was fine. Good thing she knows who "looking in" is.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/27/2017 12:32PM by looking in.

Posted by: TXRancher ( )
Date: May 29, 2017 01:02AM

They came by my place once. Said that my LDS neighbor just installed and was happy...recommended (forced?) to recommend me.

I told them I was happy with my security service.

They told me that I could do all kinds of things remotely--thermostat, alarm, etc. I told them that I work a half mile from home and could just come home to change a setting.

Then I asked them if they were the ones I saw driving the Vivent truck speeding through town wayyyyy above the speed limit. No, wasn't them. Well, tell your buddies to slow down.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.