Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Gheco ( )
Date: June 08, 2017 12:19PM

It certainly appears as such.

Is it because management knows too much of the fraud, and comsiders the sheep stupid?

Is it institutionalized, systemic arrogance towards their customer base?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Breeze ( )
Date: June 08, 2017 03:04PM

These are good questions, Gheco.

"Contempt" would explain a lot about Mormonism.

I assume that criminal sociopaths must have contempt for their victims.

Polygamy, homophobia, racism, elitism, social stratification, child abuse, excommunications, the shunning of those who leave--and so many more characteristics of Mormonism--grow out of contempt.

Many on this board have wondered why the cult doesn't make church a more pleasant experience for its members. They have taken away most of the social activities, all of the road shows and ward plays and Relief Society bazaars and original, personal sacrament meeting talks and colored shirts and Sunday school classes on the lawn, enlivened with class discussions.

Now, management makes the sheep clean the buildings. They are forced (pressured) to send their children on missions at an even younger age. The talks in meetings are all re-hashed old conference talks. Teachers are not allowed to digress from the lesson manual, and questions and discussions are prohibited. The RS lessons are teachings from old polygamous prophets. (The lessons for the year were on two subjects: "Honoring The Priesthood" and "The Temple", so I resigned as a teacher, being single and not a temple person.) Of course, there never was visiting allowed in the hallways, and people couldn't sit with their friends in the meetings--so heaven forbid if management were to allow any kind of "mingle", like the Christian churches have. All the money is kept by the Mormons, not given away freely to worthy charities. Most churches have the respect to report their financials to the membership. LDS, Inc. has too much contempt to do that.

I felt the contempt most keenly, when all the wards were mandated to NOT play beautiful music in church. None of the Greats. None of the beautiful organ music written by composers of other religions. Only Mormon-composed music.

You are right. LDS senior management is in charge of a cult of hate, lying and stealing from the sheep, to grow the corporation.

Posted by: a nonny mouse ( )
Date: June 08, 2017 04:28PM

The hymn book is almost entirely made up of tunes "borrowed" from other sources. Praise to the Man is Scotland the Brave!

Posted by: Jerome ( )
Date: June 08, 2017 05:16PM

Yea, I noticed that too. Wish we could have had bagpipes in church.

Posted by: Jerome ( )
Date: June 08, 2017 05:22PM

Yes, they are contemptuous as evidenced by their perception of the need for tight correlation. They act as though the general membership are children. They infantilize them. Is that because so many of them are well over 70, so they perceive everyone else as children?

Posted by: catnip ( )
Date: June 08, 2017 09:23PM

I was in the YW Presidency at that time, and "my" girls (the Beehives) worked very hard together to make a card for him, illustrating the concept of "flooding the land with the Book of Mormon." It showed a blue river, overflowing its banks. They had taken some rough sketches and combined them into a single card - beautiful, thoughtful, and they all signed it. I was very proud of their efforts.

We had to stand in line to see The Great Man. I got there a couple of minutes late because I had trouble finding a place to park. Wouldn't you know, a couple of his security goons started to rise and come at me. The Stake President (with whom I was friendly) put a hand on one of their arms, and he assured them that they could stand down. I was one of them. I should have figured out right then that this was not normal.

I introduced myself, and presented him the card that my Beehives had made for him. He gave me a fake smile and said he would give it to Pres. Benson. I said, "But Sir, my girls made it for YOU!" I put my finger on the cover of the card, where his name was shown. He drawled, "Well, I'll give it to him anyway." And then I was ushered right along. He didn't even give it a cursory glance.

I lost all respect for him, on the spot. No warmth, no graciousness, no appreciation.

In later years, when people would talk about how "warm" and "grandfatherly" he was, all I could remember was his chilly, condescending contempt. He was NOT a nice person.

And he was even more of an a**hole when ETB died and he took the reins. I was seriously disillusioned.

Posted by: messygoop ( )
Date: June 09, 2017 04:48PM

Amazing story, catnip!

It just goes to show how all the personal dealings with said individual run contrary to his superstar ego. All the bastard had to say was "Thank you. I have the perfect spot for this in my office." He was a real turd.

Posted by: Bamboozled ( )
Date: June 08, 2017 03:41PM

In so many ways the Q12 & FP resemble the old Soviet Politburo. And look what happened to them...

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: June 08, 2017 04:22PM

Bamboozled Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> In so many ways the Q12 & FP resemble the old
> Soviet Politburo. And look what happened to
> them...

The Soviet Politburo didn't promise the comrades they'd be able to avoid "outer darkness," would get their own planet, and would be together as a polygamous family for eternity after they died.

If they had, there might still be a Soviet Union...:)

Posted by: slayermegatron ( )
Date: June 09, 2017 08:18AM

They also closely resemble the current government here in China. The way they reshape history to be so much more glorious and kind toward them. The way they control what their people read and watch. It's amazing how closely they resemble one another.

Posted by: janis ( )
Date: June 08, 2017 04:45PM

Well, they've made it very very clear they don't want any of the little people talking to them. Especially about anything that might be a problem. They're sick and tired of people asking them questions they aren't going to answer.

Posted by: Babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: June 08, 2017 05:35PM

The scam is so sacrosanct that it doesn't matter if it's all lies. They can't stand insolence in the ranks. And to those who can't live with their lies they they ask, "Where will you go?".

"Elder, why is your voice so muffled?"

Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: June 08, 2017 06:29PM

Only the ones who don't pay their salary.

It's all lip service w/empty promises.

You pay to play to be in the cult.

I doubt they have contempt for the members as much as they are oblivious to the members actual needs - spiritual or otherwise.

Posted by: Felix ( )
Date: June 08, 2017 07:15PM

Gheco Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> It certainly appears as such.
>
> Is it because management knows too much of the
> fraud, and considers the sheep stupid?

I don't believe this is the mindset that most of them have.

> Is it institutionalized, systemic arrogance
> towards their customer base?

I do believe there is some "we are superior to the sheep" attitudes among the leaders but they are careful not to let it show as they are suppose to be the HUMBLE servants of the lord. Also they know they are dependent on the base for their power.

The church is a theocracy, not a democracy, and that tends to breed some arrogance as god in never wrong. Some of the lower level leaders are more arrogant than the upper ones. I have run into bishops and bishops counselors who are quite judgemental.

Posted by: Today1 ( )
Date: June 08, 2017 10:33PM

There is a rule at the COB that you can't talk directly to a Q15 member unless they ask you a question first...how many stories are there about seeing one on the street and being rebuffed.

Posted by: Babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: June 09, 2017 02:00AM

It may be the only way they can live with themselves. They don't act like TSCC is God's true church upon the Earth because they know it isn't. They either feel guilt for these groupies being duped or contempt for their "mentally weak" victims. Either way, they would rather not have any contact with "the saints".

Posted by: unbelievable2 ( )
Date: June 09, 2017 08:48AM

Contempt is built into not only the policies and practices of the cult, it is actively taught. You are held in contempt and there are plenty of role models on all levels that show contempt. Follow the Prophets.

Posted by: thexedman ( )
Date: June 09, 2017 02:14PM

The system is narcissistic by default because it requires that you discount another persons account of themselves and substitute your own.

Posted by: smirkorama ( )
Date: June 09, 2017 03:00PM

NO. I don't think so. What would ever give you that impression ??????

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GuN_ZDJKkPo

Posted by: Honest TBM ( )
Date: June 09, 2017 04:23PM

Now I recognize that as one who has taken up the cross of trying to honestly defend the wondrous gospel the honest way that my credibility is torpedoed and a total sham & I lack any credibility at all until it can be proven that these steps work.

1. Put together a list of all the issues/questions that the pesky anti-Mormons and other critics have about the Church.
2. In a web browser go to http://www.mormon.org and click on the "Chat with Representatives" link.
3. If you have any technical difficulties then try again in a few seconds (or a few minutes in case of a very severe outage as Lucifer is surely trying super hard to slow down missionary work with plenty of software crashes for the Lord's beloved servants still happening despite all the efforts of the Angels and the Church's IT department to overcome Satan's snares) & you should be connected and chatting with a missionary.
4. Present to them all your issues/questions and stand all amazed as they (and the hierarchy above them) take full responsibility to quickly and honestly answer all your questions.

Hint: I think if you don't understand the marvelous responsibilities associated with the "continuing revelation" doctrine that you ought to read the following article - https://www.gobankingrates.com/investing/understanding-real-time-delayed-stock-quotes

"Continuing Revelation" is a lot like "real time quotes" as the time is "nigh at hand" when the Second Coming happens and we got to make sure the work of the Church is hastened. Thus the idea of "delayed" answers to most questions is absurd & you should expect to have "real time" respect from the missionaries (and their chain of hierarchy up to the First Presidency & Twelve) to get you answers in accordance to the "Continuing Revelation" doctrine. Because if such respect/honest didn't exist then the Church would be a fraud. But thank goodness the leaders have taught us that they won't lead us astray so you can read what is written here & elsewhere on this doctrine, ponder/analyze it as you test it out for yourself, and then pray about it if you still have any doubts on whether its true or a fraud. Good luck :)

Posted by: scmd ( )
Date: June 09, 2017 05:02PM

I think there is a strong sense of "We are where we are and you are where you are because we're clearly superior to you." Among the upper echelons there's wide diversity in terms of benevolence toward the peons, but still a clear understanding [in their minds, anyway] of why they are up there and the masses are down below. I've never heard any expression of "I don't know why God placed me in this position because there are so many better people than I."

Posted by: presleynfactsrock ( )
Date: June 11, 2017 11:21AM

This of thread brings to mind charming Kermit the Frog, one of my favorite characters.

IT'S NOT EASY BEING GREEN

I can picture the 15 Geriatric Kings sitting in their Circle of
Privilege chanting:

It's not easy being God's Favorites
But God, who does not make mistakes
KNEW
Oh Yes,
Let us repeat-
He knew
Quality
When HE saw it
so......
You on the ladder of life soooo below us
Shut your faces and
Pray, PAY & Obey NOW!

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: June 11, 2017 01:43PM

Of course they do. The peons are their cash cow. No more.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.