Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: BeenThereDunnThatExMo ( )
Date: June 09, 2017 03:45PM

LDS Doctrine and Covenants 132:51-56 states:

51 Verily, I say unto you: A commandment I give unto mine handmaid, Emma Smith, your wife, whom I have given unto you, that she stay herself and partake not of that which I commanded you to offer unto her; for I did it, saith the Lord, to prove you all, as I did Abraham, and that I might require an offering at your hand, by covenant and sacrifice.

52 And let mine handmaid, Emma Smith, receive all those that have been given unto my servant Joseph, and who are virtuous and pure before me; and those who are not pure, and have said they were pure, shall be destroyed, saith the Lord God.

53 For I am the Lord thy God, and ye shall obey my voice; and I give unto my servant Joseph that he shall be made ruler over many things; for he hath been faithful over a few things, and from henceforth I will strengthen him.

54 And I command mine handmaid, Emma Smith, to abide and cleave unto my servant Joseph, and to none else. But if she will not abide this commandment she shall be destroyed, saith the Lord; for I am the Lord thy God, and will destroy her if she abide not in my law.

55 But if she will not abide this commandment, then shall my servant Joseph do all things for her, even as he hath said; and I will bless him and multiply him and give unto him an hundredfold in this world, of fathers and mothers, brothers and sisters, houses and lands, wives and children, and crowns of eternal lives in the eternal worlds.

56 And again, verily I say, let mine handmaid forgive my servant Joseph his trespasses; and then shall she be forgiven her trespasses, wherein she has trespassed against me; and I, the Lord thy God, will bless her, and multiply her, and make her heart to rejoice.

###

So now...just who was actually gonna do the dirty deed of poisoning or hanging or shooting or smothering or drowning or snakebite or choking or stabbing or throwing Emma off a cliff in an effort to "destroy" or murder her???

Such a loving & caring couple Emma & Joseph seemed to be.

Or so it seems to me...

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Naomi ( )
Date: June 09, 2017 04:30PM

Posted by: steve benson ( )
Date: June 09, 2017 05:08PM

And Brigham Young agreed.

http://exmormon.org/phorum/read.php?2,1051674,1051674#msg-1051674

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/09/2017 05:10PM by steve benson.

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: June 09, 2017 05:44PM

Can you imagine having a spouse (or business partner, or relative, or whatever) who, every time you disagreed with them or called them out on being stupid, would hand you a piece of paper with supposed commandments from the Lord directed at you personally on it?

It's a wonder Emma didn't shoot him in the head, never mind poisoning his coffee...

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.