Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: NON-MO IN ZION ( )
Date: June 18, 2017 08:07AM

O.K. Mormonism. Super great fairy tail. Lots of warm and fuzzy feelings. And based on my own expierence of living in Utah my whole life, its members are quite thick.

And yes Mormons are taught that THEY are the only deserving people on the planet. And this may be why fraud and theft are seen as such high standards and morals amongst The true believers.

Has it ever occurred to the leadership of the church that because Mormonism moves as a Monolith and as such its members do not do absolutley anything without being told to. That maybe, just maybe, if the general membership was instructed to not act like such assholes the rest of the world would look at them through different eyes?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: shux ( )
Date: June 18, 2017 11:34AM

They can't have a cult and at the same time a non-cult; it can't be both things. Cult mandates keep the tithers tithing.

Cult members are not "thick," but brainwashed and also trapped by circumstance, usually from birth.

You are on a board full of people who have clawed and are clawing free of moism, most often at the expense of family, spouses and children, homes, community, even jobs.

You refer to the mental mechanisms to avoid these losses as being "thick," while in fact, extreme amounts of mental gymnastics are required, both to stay in, and to exit. Many members remain non-believing and active, against their own desires, placing the welfare of those they love ahead of their own. There are inactive members, struggling to make relationships work despite the cult's heavy-handed interference.

Without considering what a cult is, why this board exists, or the populations whom might find aid and comfort here, you named an entire State (and most everyone here) as "thick assholes."

Need I even ask what one might call that move?

No one here will deny that cults impose asshole rules, but nearly everyone will take issue with the bigotry you displayed.

Btw, any rare, authentic "warm fuzzies" are transient, and completely tied to the community of humans, something which requires intelligence to comprehend.

Shunning is the price of rejecting the monolith. Try it. Right now. Walk away from everyone that you know and love.

...Thick?

There are reasons that Utah is the #1 consumer of anti-depressants, the absolute best way to numb emotions. Here, we call the primary reason "TSCC."

The lines that you crossed are blaming individuals for the circumstances of their births, and generalizing entire populations in negative ways. There are gery good, kind and decent people in both Utah and moism.

Had you been looking for something more than a quick fix, you may have realized that there are none, but that compassion is the best medicine.

Posted by: paintinginthewin ( )
Date: June 18, 2017 01:14PM

Shux thank you. Waking up Highlight # 1 consumer of anti depressants,
Highlight blaming persons for the circumstances of their birth,
Highlight- compassion for folks of Utah
And have compassion for yourself

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/18/2017 01:22PM by paintinginthewin.

Posted by: LeftTheMorg ( )
Date: June 18, 2017 11:48AM

The leadership wouldn't have the kind of insight you wish them to have.

Posted by: NON-MO IN ZION ( )
Date: June 18, 2017 01:07PM

When I use the word thick in reference to Mormons I know it is meant to not only convey the disconnect in their beliefe system but also to denote an individual with a lower I.Q. then say the average human.

Not, no racism.

I have said this in other settings and I'll share it here. If you stood next to a TBM facing East and watched the sunrise. Andrew then you inform the TBM standing next to you that they just witnessed a fact. The fact that the sun rises in the East. The TBM in question will still have to contact a church "Authority" to not only be told that is the case but also to be reassured they will not be loosing any rights or privileges afforded them via their church membership.

In other words free thought, expression, and thinking are so un appreciated in Mormon communitys that the membership allows the church "Leaders" to do all the thinking. Mormons are thick

Date: June 18, 2017 01:54PM

I recollect a line of cousins married from out of pioneer stock last century. Half the kids were radically creative rebelling against societal norms almost inherently; (can anyone say early mormons?). The other half were all. PhDs brilliant inherently one made the first nuclear reactor for xxxxx (to much irl info) just brilliant resilient excellent contributors now to 6th generation and in multiple industries- not just were. Still are. 7th generation of phds scattered a crossed two continents. Mormon .

The heirs to Mormonism down this line which immigrated to North America via Mormon pioneer-ism (which isn't actually volunteering) to avoidextinction by starvation during impact of a mini ice age in northern Europe, has even crossed back to Europe as phds recruited or positioned there by major corporations.

Thick huh Who do you know.compassion please. You aren't thick. They aren't hick. And actually, some men like their women "thick"- more curves. It's uh life style preference sexual reference whose jugeing. But you're not thick. Were not thick. No ones thick. Just fluffy. Have compassion on yourself to. Circumstances of birth or earlier moves resulted in your locale / moves by yourself or your ancestors resulted in this very bad fit &. Frustration. Have compassion on yourself it is obvious you may be as hard on yourself as everyone else.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/18/2017 03:00PM by paintinginthewin.

Date: June 18, 2017 02:14PM

Some of us even married one, deliberately. It's a great secret. Called "part member families" I was raised in one. My grandmother married a displaced Colorado-gentile. He operated a crane infilling LA Harbor. Divorced after her short lived temple marriage to the illegal polygamist who sought a young Swedish style pioneer stock Spanish Fork wife, grandma healed from her trauma lids put on her divorce shock ravaging handsome polygamist wrought drama. Grandma fell in love in Long Beach before the earthquake with that rougue gentile, grandpa, after his crane accident by gear injury after her very short temple marriage to her Out of town stranger who turned out to be, apparently "when he brought me home after marrying me" polygamist. One mormon professional with multiple franchises told me last week his" my wife is a gentile, " "yeah I talked with your brother ----last week at the temple"
He said "yea my wife is a gentile" second marriage first was in temple, he says "gentiles are special." I said "my husband is magic " " just better than any of the l d s guys I met even though he converted it changed him being gentile made him magic it changes how he thinks." The professional said "yeah I know. ....He's a great guy. "

Perhaps you might vacation or network and convention to a city of gentile origins in a climate of your choice,see if you do like it. Then consolidate save consider professional transfers for immersing yourself in gentility is that a word for gentile culture?

Visit first or you could be like a mid cali white folk pride family annoyed antagonized by the so cali line um Baja families surrounding them here mid state ,and moved to northern Idaho. So trying to avoid whom they complained about....however came back despite job and house. Couldn't stand it. Their identity was bein not something else ... something about that defined them it was their identity. They didn't know how to be comfortable in an uni race kinda place even if it were their look. And they were no longer known or important they lost their status moving north, they couldn't stand it,try it. They moved back.
Somewhat like my sweet to me (like the best oranges floating in the wine. They fished them out and give purple drenched dripping wet sweet sliced orange to me on my little plate right next to my tiny glass shiny cup of watered down wine. I was a wee tiny girl preschool when I lifted the homemade wine from the vineyard I'd gotten to stomp barefoot hefted up dropped in the dishpan to dance squishing black grapes stems slick between my toes new wine rose above my feet.) ; at my Born Italian brave Ellis Island off a ship California train ride 1906 immigrant Grandma's table , my beloved and dear bigoted uncle xxxxxxx. He had derogatory names for all peoples, for all religions, for Italians even ! except
for his beloved Siciliano souled Californians. That's how he rolled, whining cranky about all of the others smiling as he drove his el Camino down the road.

Edited 10 time(s). Last edit at 06/18/2017 04:31PM by paintinginthewin.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.