Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: June 22, 2017 09:06PM

Outstanding.
Go get 'em.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Topper ( )
Date: June 23, 2017 02:48PM

Posted by: Anonymous Today ( )
Date: June 23, 2017 04:28PM

This is an incredible and tragic story on so many levels. I am surprised and disappointed that this is not getting more traction on the Board. As you read the background information in the Court's opinion, it is a monument to just how the Mormon culture denies, hides, and rationalizes deviant moral behavior in order to desperately cling the myth that its leaders are inspired and that with enough prayer, God will take care of it. In the meantime, the abuse spreads like wildfire.

Everyone should read this. There are a hundred posts here to explore. For example, what do you make of Michael's mother? What Mormon cultural pressures and "faith" would induce a mother to ignore her son's repeated abusive behavior and allow him, and actually put him in the position, to continue abusing children as a recommended "babysitter;" including allowing the abuse of her own children! No doubt, she prayed about it, and was assured that this time it would be O.K.

Thanks for sharing.

Posted by: Susan I/S ( )
Date: June 23, 2017 04:35PM

Thank you so much for fighting for us for all these years. It is important that victims have people like you that they can TRUST. You are appreciated. Please keep updating us on this and other cases you work involving LDSInc.

Posted by: thank you to fighters ( )
Date: June 24, 2017 09:53AM

The depths of depravity of LDS Inc - if they can't keep their pedo tither, then they tried to make those who would remove the dangerous pedo pay for him:

http://www.rawstory.com/2015/04/west-virginia-judge-orders-victims-to-pay-half-of-sex-abusers-legal-fees-in-mormon-church-cover-up-suit/

...because LDS Inc couldn't afford an attorney? No, it was an attempt to further punish the victims, and threaten future claimants.

Related news:

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/mormon-church-boy-scouts-accused-covering-sex-abuse-article-1.3129033

Posted by: anon2017 ( )
Date: June 24, 2017 06:05PM

This is amazing news. It is almost surreal, for so many years I sat on the edge of my seat hoping for this kind of possible comeuppance and exposure. I guess I stopped hoping somewhere along the way.

Thank you Tim and all involved.

Posted by: Eric K ( )
Date: June 24, 2017 08:07PM

I will archive this and link to the front pagw of this site.

Thanks

Posted by: anon2day ( )
Date: June 25, 2017 01:55AM

Thank you for posting. This is so LDS. I am curious why the parents were not arrested as sex offenders also. The mother chose and groomed the families to give the son access to their children. Both parents denied any problems and attacked the victims. TSCC was aware and did nothing. The son was allowed to continue and given victims for 6 or 7 years. The parents should be arrested too. The report details all of the reported attacks. Those parents are just as much sex offenders in my mind.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.