Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: pollythinks ( )
Date: June 24, 2017 12:46PM

From an article in my Daily News paper: A woman sat about eating her dinner salad at a restaurant, when she noticed something unusual in it, I quote: "I see something kind of rolled up", she said, so "I passed it to my husband..I asked, 'Is that a piece of lettuce?'"

Short-cut answer..."'it's a frickin' frog.'"

Somehow, she lost her appetite for the rest of the dinner (she said).

----
I once bit down on a metal 'cutter' edge for meat, in my frozen thawed-to-eat dinner. when I wrote and complained, they sent me a coupon for another dinner.

Too little too late.

:), P
----

So, tell us, what was one of your worst dinner surprises?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Bang ( )
Date: June 24, 2017 12:52PM

A used bandage in a stew. I was 3/4 of the way through when I found it. The restaurant comped my meal and gave me a gift certificate for another meal I could use later. Never could bring myself to use the gift certificate.

Posted by: Jersey Girl ( )
Date: June 24, 2017 01:13PM

A recent airplane trip, where the miserable choices of "food" that you had to pay for were limited. I ended up with a box of snacks that included a small container of humus. I had scooped and eaten a few bites with my little crackers when I saw that there was mold in the middle of the container. Ewwww. When I complained they gave me another of the same box of snacks. I was very relieved when I did not get sick.

Posted by: valkyriequeen ( )
Date: June 24, 2017 01:43PM

My parents and me had gone out to a Chinese restaurant in downtown Salt Lake City. Our meals came to the table. I picked up a sparerib to eat and underneath it lay a cooked cockroach! We walked out, and a couple months later, the restaurant was closed down; probably because of similar experiences to other patrons.

Posted by: pugsly ( )
Date: June 24, 2017 03:13PM

At a well known steak restaurant I bit into a bullet while eating my steak. Broke my one of my back teeth off. Restaurant covered dental work.

DH once was getting a bite of salad when he looked down and saw something red among the veggies. It was a pencil stub!! They offered him a new salad but he declined and we left the restaurant.

Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: June 24, 2017 03:40PM

Not me but it made the news locally where I live.

A Chinese restaurant was serving up beef specialties while surreptiously substituting fresh killed deer meat in place of the beef. One of the patrons caught the cooks butchering a dead deer in the kitchen while waiting for their meal.

It was reported to the Agriculture Bureau for our state, and the restaurant soon went out of business after it made headlines in the news. No one wanted to go back there after learning that.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/24/2017 03:48PM by Amyjo.

Posted by: appetizer ( )
Date: June 24, 2017 04:34PM

buddy was drinking ice water at a restaurant and he sucked in a small ice cube into his mouth as he drank. As he took the glass away two more ice cubes were attached to a long hair connected to the first ice cube.

Posted by: valkyriequeen ( )
Date: June 24, 2017 05:21PM

Just remembered another story. My husband and I were at a well-known seafood restaurant and when my husband was starting to eat his clam chowder, he pulled fishing line out of his mouth! It even had the loop; my husband said he was glad there wasn't the hook. It was about 2 1/2 inches long.

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: June 24, 2017 07:32PM

Does the pubic-hair-in-the-sandwich at village inn count ?

Posted by: catnip ( )
Date: June 24, 2017 08:15PM

sticking up out of a taco pie.

The manager offered to remove the leg and let me have the rest of the meal for free. I declined.

I never went back again, though this place was the best place to buy lunch for my office, especially if you walked. It was only a block or two away.

Date: June 29, 2017 02:39AM

That is so grotesque!

A leg sticking up from a taco? Eek, I'd lose my stomach in a heartbeat over that.

Posted by: catnip ( )
Date: June 29, 2017 09:02PM

It was like a bowl of chili, with Mexican spices added, and decorated with a ring of corn chips around the rim.

It just was NOT appetizing to see the leg of something sticking up, alongside one of the corn chips. I had taken a few bites of the concoction from the other side of the bowl, and it was pretty tasty, but once I saw that leg, I was done.

Posted by: munchkin ( )
Date: June 29, 2017 01:41AM

Last year I was at a restaurant at Disney World. I was eating my meal when I found something hard in my mouth. I worked it out and it was a piece of metal--it was about an inch long and looked like it had broken off from a metal skewer. I didn't make a big deal about it, just quietly gave it to an employee and suggested the kitchen look into it. We were on a prepaid dining plan, so they couldn't exactly comp the meal, but they were very apologetic. Mistakes and accidents happen, and no one was harmed, so I jut let it go.

Date: June 29, 2017 02:47AM

Once when I was feeling flush (was it a tax refund now I wonder?) I decided to take my children to visit Red Lobster 'just because.' And to educate them on the finesse of eating lobster.

I was the only one to order the lobster. My kids opted for something else, bless em.

When that frickin lobster came out to me on the plate, I swear it looked like it was still alive. It looked as though it was standing on my plate staring back at me. That's right. It was the whole thing standing on the plate.

Nice, fresh boiled and red.

It had been awhile since I'd eaten lobster. Didn't recall making eye to eye contact with one before. But oh well, there I went attempting to scoop the meat from its shell to dine on.

It went horribly awry from there. As I was trying to get at the meat, pieces of lobster went flying across the room.

So much for dining etiquette, it had gone out the door by then.

Haven't eaten lobster since.

Posted by: Jonny the Smoke ( )
Date: June 29, 2017 08:57AM

While a missionary in Barbados, I was eating fish and chips in a fast food place (one of the only ones on the island). I found a bundle of red fiber, like a ball form a sweater about the size of an olive, in my food as I ate. I removed it and finished my meal.

One day at work I ordered a hamburger at a Jack in the Box in Orem. I took a bite as I drove off, thought the meat was a bit "mushy" and barely warm. Looked at it and the frozen burger was grey on the surface and totally raw inside. I went back and told him, they cooked a new one and gave me free fries and a drink. I was happy because I used my last couple buck to get it. Not long after that, people started getting sick from under cooked burgers at Jack in the Box.

We got a new cook in the company cafe. I ordered chicken strips and he cooked them in the fryer. I took two bites, they were cold, I looked and they were pink, raw inside. Returned them, got my money back, and didn't eat at the cafe for a few months.

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: June 29, 2017 01:16PM

I ordered mashed potatoes with gravy. There was a spring inside the potatoes that was about 2 inches long and 3/4 inches wide. My kids didn't like me "making a scene" so I didn't tell anyone. I did leave a note on the table when I left. Used cash, so they wouldn't have known who it was from.

Posted by: Devoted Exmo ( )
Date: June 29, 2017 01:23PM

A pubic hair in my soup. Disgusting! I told management and they didn't do anything about it. That's fine since I never went back.

Posted by: Shummy ( )
Date: June 29, 2017 01:28PM

Me: Waiter, what's this fly doing in my soup?

Waiter: Looks like it's doing the backstroke.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.