Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: anybody ( )
Date: July 02, 2017 06:51PM

Same familiar names at the annual Bigfoot Conference

http://www.salon.com/2017/07/02/meet-the-super-serious-sasquatch-chasers-of-americas-premier-bigfoot-conference_partner/

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/02/2017 06:51PM by anybody.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: July 02, 2017 10:59PM

What good is being gullible if you can't have fun with it?

Posted by: JBF ( )
Date: July 03, 2017 09:16PM

The Mormon Church has given up converting people to their church, so they are trying to convert Sasquatches instead!

Date: July 04, 2017 12:57AM

This desperately needs Photoshop.

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: July 04, 2017 01:11AM

get cricket on this one right away !

Posted by: scmd ( )
Date: July 04, 2017 01:03AM

I'm related to at least one person involved with this conference. This is scary! I hope any of the gullible DNA he may have inherited from our common ancestors isn't passed on through recessive genes to my kids.

Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: July 04, 2017 08:36AM

Don't you think our ancestors would be more literate if they lived today, and less gullible?

I do. Mormonism would not get off the ground were Joseph to repeat his act in the 21st century.

Date: July 04, 2017 01:27AM

In the interest of full disclosure, I'm open to the existence of Sasquatch as an interdimensional being. Maybe they disappear into another dimension to poop, or escape prying eyes.

Posted by: scmd ( )
Date: July 04, 2017 01:34AM

Babyloncansuckit Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> In the interest of full disclosure, I'm open to
> the existence of Sasquatch as an interdimensional
> being. Maybe they disappear into another dimension
> to poop, or escape prying eyes.

I cannot state for a fact that nothing of the sort exists, nor would I even try, but some of those quotes are pretty far-removed from reality as most of us view it.

Date: July 04, 2017 02:08AM

Different strokes for different folks. Amusement and fantasy can be quite a blast. I love digging into the substrate of reality, like a kid digging in the dirt with one of his mom's kitchen spoons. Digging is kind of the point.

Mormonism, as crazy as it was, taught me something about the mystical. If there can't be something there, how come there is? More puzzle pieces to collect.

Posted by: frankie ( )
Date: July 04, 2017 03:43AM

I work with people that have seen a bigfoot, and they are not Mormons. They have been sighting in my area including a road crossing sighting on the army base here.

There is a bullshit story of some Mormons encountering "cain" their description is that of a bigfoot.

I'm not saying they didn't have their encounter. But they see to be attributing their encounter that they are part of gods only one true church and that's why they had their encounter.

I BELIEVE and I'm not Mormon. but each their own

Posted by: smirkorama ( )
Date: July 04, 2017 04:39AM

Because, early MORmON leaders blabbered off all kinds of things that were supposed to be prophetic and valid in their pathetic attempts to be profound and authoritative and inspired , including some outlandish idiocy about how a cursed Cain is still wandering the earth. The MORmON spin on Big Foot is that it is really Cain living out a curse from God to endlessly wander the earth in misery for killing Abel.

THAT is one big reason that MORmONS get excited about Big Foot. It helps make them feel validated.

Date: July 04, 2017 08:43AM

Bigfoot smells like roses compared to the church.

Date: July 04, 2017 09:17AM

There is no clear consensus as to what Cain's mark was. The word translated as "mark" in Genesis 4:15 is 'owth, which could mean a sign, an omen, a warning, or a remembrance. In the Torah, the same word is used to describe the stars as signs or omens (Genesis 1:14), the rainbow as the sign of God's promise to never again destroy his creation as he did in the flood (Genesis 9:12), circumcision as a token of God's covenant with Abraham (Genesis 17:11), and the miracles performed by Moses before the Pharaoh (Exodus 4:8,9,17,28; 7:3; 8:23; 10:1,2).

Posted by: smirkorama ( )
Date: July 04, 2017 04:57PM

anybody Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> There is no clear consensus as to what Cain's mark
> was.

You must mean "no clear consensus" on the mark of Cain outside of MORmONISM, because with in MORmONISM MORmONS definitely did / do have some clear consensus on what the mark of Cain was, regardless of how incorrect that MORmON consensus might be.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wD7dCCPUCs8

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: July 04, 2017 01:39PM

"Featured presenter Thom Powell takes it one step further. Powell, a wide-eyed author and retired science teacher, weaves together a theory that unites Bigfoot, Indian burial mounds, crop circles and UFOs. In essence, he says, Bigfoots are likely a subterranean race that built the mounds for an unknown alien entity. Powell admits the theory seems far-fetched, but says his ideas nonetheless bear consideration."

Date: July 04, 2017 06:19PM

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: July 04, 2017 05:51PM

Faith article: We believe all things, we hope to believe many things.

Date: July 08, 2017 03:20AM

And will eventually fall for all things.

Posted by: koriwhore ( )
Date: July 04, 2017 06:36PM

I am 3% Neanderthal, according to 23andme.com. They were the original Sasquaches, who were supposed to have gone extinct 30,000 yrs,ago, thanks to us raping and killing them with our dogs, who we domesticated about when we finally wiped out the Neanderthals.

Posted by: MormonThinker ( )
Date: July 05, 2017 06:10PM

Posted by: evergreen ( )
Date: July 05, 2017 06:20PM

I believe in Sasquatch more than I believe in the "gospel" of TSCC.

Posted by: The bozz ( )
Date: July 08, 2017 03:05AM

What I like about bigfoot is at least there is mountains of physical evidence unlike the Mormons. I have come across them in a remote area. I even got one in a pic I took. Found trees snapped like toothpicks. There is something very big to this subject. I recommend people get out there to have their own experiences...

Posted by: Kathleen ( )
Date: July 08, 2017 02:58PM

My son asked me the difference between his ex-MIL and Sasquatch.

"I don't know ... what?"

"One is hairy and stinky, and the other one has big feet!"

... sorry.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.