Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: cludgie ( )
Date: July 03, 2017 09:08AM

"Sister" missionaries walking in the weeds along side a busy 2-lane highway in the South in 90+ degree heat (32+ degrees, for you Canadians and misc. others). We see this not infrequently, and I suppose it's because they have exhausted their mileage allowance for the month. Where I live, there is no such thing as pavement to walk on, only to drive on. The weeds are full of snakes and dead armadillos, and the road full of distracted drivers.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: NormaRae ( )
Date: July 03, 2017 09:20AM

You are right. There is NOTHING ok with that. But, you know, doing the Lard's work so the Lard will protect. Until he doesn't.

Posted by: messygoop ( )
Date: July 05, 2017 04:01AM

And the awful mindfuck of such tragedy will be placed back on the individual sisters and not the beast of the organization that put them in danger in the first place.

"That too bad to hear what happened to Sister ______. If she would have been more obedient then Heavenly Father would have averted this tragedy. Oh well. At least she's needed in the Celestial Kingdom."

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: July 03, 2017 10:07AM

Are they wearing their magic protective underwear ?

Posted by: Babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: July 03, 2017 10:21AM

Why doesn't the church put them to work picking cotton?

Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: July 04, 2017 05:15AM

It's not as profitable.

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: July 04, 2017 05:36AM

Mormon priesthood bosses treat missionaries far worse than almost any non-mormon the mishies complain about.

Posted by: valkyriequeen ( )
Date: July 05, 2017 12:07PM

Salt Lake City Utah mission must be the Kolob of all missions. We've seen them in the malls, being able to look around and relax, and get lunch at the food courts. We've seen them in the parking lots getting into nice cars instead of having to use their feet or a bicycle. (this was in downtown SLC) While that is all good and well, my son still wanted to go up to them and tell them to get out while they can! I haven't yet seen any female missionaries being able to do these things, though.

Posted by: scg73 ( )
Date: July 05, 2017 12:15PM

And they don't allow swimming because it's a safety issue! It seems to me swimming is probably safer than other things missionaries are having to go through.

Posted by: cludgie ( )
Date: July 05, 2017 12:19PM

This afternoon and most of tomorrow it's supposed to be close to 100 deg. Fahrenheit. I can't imagine the little boy and little girl missionaries out in that, particularly walking along the roads in the weeds.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.