Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: NormaRae ( )
Date: July 03, 2017 09:55AM

I'm on episode 7 and our trusty prison guard is still in his garmies, locked in a windowed room with the other staff who had to strip down to their undies. He's the lucky one who's the most covered.

The inmates have taken over the prison and they were going through personnel files trying to find dirt on the guards. No dirt on Mormon guy, but he did put "actor" on his resume because he stared in the Mormon Miracle Pagent (they had good comments about what the "miracle" was).

Then the inmates make their prisoners perform in "Linchfield's Got Talent." What does our friend do? A performance of The First Vision. He wins because he's the cutie.

Anyway, I know who at work is watching it because 3 people have told me about it or asked me about it. It's so funny, they always bring me articles about Mormon stuff like they're showing me something I hadn't already seen or heard about here. It's a different world 2,000 miles away from Zion.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: dagny ( )
Date: July 03, 2017 12:22PM

I'm only on season 4 or 5.
I had no idea a Mormon shows up. I can hardly wait.

It's been entertaining!

Date: July 05, 2017 11:54AM

It got kind of stale in Season 4. But Season 5 is a whole new ballgame. The whole season takes place in 4 days (the takeover of the prison). And all I can say is that if those writers don't get nominated for an award, there's a huge bias somewhere. It was really incredible.

Posted by: cludgie ( )
Date: July 05, 2017 01:31PM

I didn't know about this. I haven't followed the series. Obviously I'll have to.

Date: July 05, 2017 02:23PM

Well, be prepared. It is the most adult series I've seen (and I thought Weeds was out there). Probably because it was a Netflix production and never even had to meet any TV, or even cable TV standards. Be sure your former-mormon chaste eyes can handle it.

Posted by: Whiskeytango ( )
Date: July 05, 2017 01:42PM

I watched it. The Mormon angle was interesting. I liked the first two seasons the best though.

Date: July 05, 2017 02:19PM

I did notice when I watched it closer that in closeups of the guy's garmies, they do have marks on them. I think they got some pairs of the real things. But I laughed thinking that ya have to admit that those things gave him more "protection."

Posted by: Whiskeytango ( )
Date: July 05, 2017 10:56PM

Yes, I saw that too. They look legit.

Posted by: nonmo_1 ( )
Date: July 06, 2017 06:53AM

Here's a question:

I watched 2-3 episodes of season 1. The main character was busted for drugs. How long was her sentence? Shouldn't she by out by now? Also is the American Pie boyfriend still in the show?

Date: July 06, 2017 10:02AM

You're confusing TV with real life. It's been 5 years in real life that the series has been on. On the series, it's still not all that long. This entire season covered the course of 4 days.

Posted by: Particles of Faith ( )
Date: July 06, 2017 08:51AM

Yeah I think the original sentence was 18 months. I suppose it's like MASH--that was an incredibly long Korean Conflict.

No, the American Pie boyfriend hasn't been around for awhile. I'm only at the beginning of season 5 though. You never know when an old character will show up again.

Posted by: dogeatdog ( )
Date: July 07, 2017 01:21AM

I watch it and saw these episodes with the Mormon guy and his First Vision 'talent'. Hilarious!

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: July 07, 2017 01:29AM

It has enough dark humor to keep me binging. Great show.

Posted by: MormonThinker ( )
Date: July 07, 2017 02:50PM

Anyone watch Wentworth? It's kind of the Australian version. I've been strangely drawn to it when wife started watching it. No Mormons on it though.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.