Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: screwoff ( )
Date: July 04, 2017 04:30PM

they don't seem to give a shit when someone older then 50 dies.

posing by casket with big smiles, saying oh he would have wanted us to have fun, we will see him soon,

is there any mourning?

it makes me feel ill.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: July 04, 2017 05:27PM

Why would there be mourning? They are in a better place because this life never mattered. It's just a time to play the obedience game while you wait for your turn to die.

"And others will he pacify, and lull them away into carnal security, that they will say: All is well in Zion; yea, Zion prospereth, all is well—and thus the devil cheateth their souls, and leadeth them away carefully down to hell."

I wouldn't be happy for someone who just learned that they pissed it all away for a lousy MLM.

Posted by: Kathleen ( )
Date: July 04, 2017 05:45PM

What better venue for a TSCC infomercial? Oh Happy Day!!!

Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: July 04, 2017 07:32PM

I dunno, there was more than enough mourning to go around at my cousin's funeral this past February. She was all of 59, died prematurely due to a congenital birth disorder she coped with all her life until she just couldn't any longer.

It was a sad funeral made moreso because she'd estranged herself from her family for the past 30 odd years. Her mother nearly broke down, but was supported by her loving family, husband and yes, the ward where the funeral was held.

I dread funerals, but this was one I felt compelled to attend to pay my respects to both living and the deceased. It was hard to see my cousin for the last time looking so pale and morbid. I don't believe her spirit is at peace - I hope she will be reconciled to that in time with her family members. She wanted to live, and was making plans with her husband for their eventual retirement when death creeped up on her.

It is so awfully unfair she was cheated like that.

The only person I was peeved with at her funeral was a singer who I overheard complaining ahead of the funeral on her cell phone that she was stuck there because the bishop or RS couldn't find anyone else to volunteer, so she was basically volunteered to sing a solo.

When she did sing during the service her voice was flat without any sincere emotion or warmth in it. I wished she had just stayed home, she had no business being there IMO. She was as smug a Mormon I've ever met, and don't care to ever again.

Posted by: Babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: July 04, 2017 07:56PM

I'm sorry for your loss. Every life is precious.

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: July 04, 2017 09:08PM

That's how mormons are.

Posted by: laperla not logged in ( )
Date: July 04, 2017 10:05PM

which means he died of neglect, alone.

Posted by: cludgie ( )
Date: July 06, 2017 08:40AM

My MIL was present when her branch was formed in 1926, then when it was made into a ward, when it built a building, and when they moved to another new building because the ward had grown so much. She was integral to the ward. When she passed at 82, somehow no one knew who she was. The bishop had some token people there, but the funeral was very small, almost everyone somehow who flew in for it. One of her kids said that she was totally ignored the final few years of her life, not having any home teachers or anything.

Posted by: slayermegatron ( )
Date: July 06, 2017 09:18AM

This reminds me of a very regrettable utterance at my cousin's funeral. He was on a mission in Malaysia. One day while crossing the street on his bike he was struck by a car. He was in a coma several days and then his parents had to let go, over the phone mind you. As a TBM I said to his brother "I am sure he is continuing his mission on the other side". His reply was "I don't know". I have regretted that horrible utterance ever since. I knew them both from the time they were born. He didn't even have a marker for his grave. The church gave nothing other than their dead son in a box. And my belief in this church led me to say those awful words.

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: July 06, 2017 09:21AM

Hmm.

Of course, I won't be there to "enforce" anything, but I don't want anyone to "mourn" when I die. What I would like, if they'll do it (my son has already told me he will), is a party to celebrate my life. Body will be donated to a local medical school (assuming something non-mangling kills me), so there won't be any casket or viewing or anything.

I hope there will be drinks and laughter and jokes at my expense. I hope the people who know me will celebrate -- joyously -- that I lived, not weep and moan that I did what everyone else eventually does...die.

Oh, and as a counterpoint, when my apostate dad died, all the mormons in the extended family wept and moaned, all so sad that he had left the church and was now (clearly) headed to outer darkness. They wanted to have a full-on mormon funeral, even got "special" permission to dress him in temple clothes even though he hadn't been in one for 50 years and had been excommunicated (so my mom could temple-marry her new TBM hubby).

I had to fight like hell to get them to do what HE wanted -- cremation, and scattering his ashes at his favorite hunting spot near Brian Head. With no moaning or gnashing of teeth about outer darkness nonsense, but a celebration of his life and accomplishments. But in the end I won.

Mormons can be plenty morose and mourning, especially if the person who has died wasn't "fully faithful."
Screw 'em.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.