Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: scg73 ( )
Date: July 05, 2017 04:12PM

I wonder what the deal is with asking people about past specific sins such a participating in an abortion or engaging in homosexual behavior when Jesus said he came to call not the righteous; but sinners to repentace? So if baptism is supposed to wash away your sins, then why should any specific past sins be an issue?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: July 05, 2017 05:47PM

To be sure you're the "right kind of people" to join the mormon cult. After all, they wouldn't want to let any of THOSE people in, would they?

And anyway, in mormonism "jesus' atonement" or "baptism" are never enough. In mormonism sins have to be confessed to be "forgiven" -- so they can be gossiped about in ward council meetings. Otherwise the meetings are just too damn boring.

:)

Posted by: boydslittlefactory ( )
Date: July 06, 2017 07:12PM

Probably so they will know of any potential weaknesses to be used to their advantage in the future.

Rember this religion especially, and Christianity in general is based on making people feel inadequate on their own merits and in need of what only religion can offer.

Posted by: Waffle ( )
Date: July 06, 2017 09:50PM

I lied in my interview when asked about homosexual activity. The man asked then laughed and told me he had to ask, and I was too embarrassed after that to say anything.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.