Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: July 10, 2017 04:43AM

It doesn't seem like the time sentenced fits the crime at all.

Not only what religion, what planet is this judge on?

I learned in a Criminal Law class adult pedophiles do not rehabilitate. Minors have a chance at recovery, by adulthood their compulsion to sexually molest and assault children is set for life.

That's why there's a Megan's Law today.

He'll be marked for life as a registered sex offender. Let's hope that's going to be enough deterrent for him. If not, I doubt the next time he goes before a court the judge will be as lenient.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: BYU Boner ( )
Date: July 10, 2017 07:14AM

I'm with Amyjo, 300 days doesn't fit the crime. Several years in prison seems to be the norm for multiple (aggregated) sexual assaults.

Posted by: Kathleen ( )
Date: July 10, 2017 06:38AM

Take a look at that photo, and you will see what's called (in the industry) the "pedosmile."

It's identifiable time after time in booking photos and transcends race and gender. Clearly, a person can't be hanged for having one, but a pedosmile is something to consider in a prospective date or babysitter.

Profiling? No apologies from me. Sorry!

Google it.

Posted by: Anon370855V ( )
Date: July 10, 2017 07:03PM

Looks like a smirk to me.

A pedo-smirk, if you will.

An "Other people don't matter. They are here to be used and abused by me. Only *I* Matter and don't you forget it.

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: July 10, 2017 08:51AM

" Judge Darold McDade fails to meet the minimum performance standard for legal ability and scores below the average of his district court peers in all other survey categories. Survey respondents express doubt about the depth of Judge McDade’s legal knowledge and his ability to properly adjudicate complex matters. They question the clarity and reasoning of his oral and written rulings."

Yet they vote to keep him. Because he's nice.

:(

Posted by: No Justice ( )
Date: July 11, 2017 12:55AM

... very nice to pedos. Kids... not so much. He tells them to eff off. A pedo, if one's handy.

wtf - It's like the state is begging to get sued the next time the perp hits. Failure to protect, no due diligence, or whatever. Don't they remove a kid from the mom if she exposes them to risk, but it's okay for the court to merely slap his wrist?

I wonder if the Feds can get the perp on anything.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: July 10, 2017 08:30AM

He'll be back in court again, but not until he's harmed even more children.

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: July 10, 2017 08:34AM

The perp can't pay tithing if he is in prison.

Posted by: NeverMoJohn ( )
Date: July 10, 2017 10:42PM

The article doesn't mention how much time the prosecution requested.

Posted by: texsaw ( )
Date: July 11, 2017 09:02AM

About 15 years ago I served on a jury for a sexual assault of a 13 year old girl. The prosecution sent expert after expert to the witness stand to testify there is NO rehabilitation of these people.

I guess we will find out if rehabilitation is possible for the pedophile we sentenced, after 45 more years!

This judge willfully contributed to the abuse of countless other victims when this POS gets out.

300 days and he is free to do it again. The victims will continue to suffer the effects for the rest of their lives. This one hits close to home...my wife was abused as a child and struggles with it still.

Posted by: relievedtolearn ( )
Date: July 12, 2017 12:01PM

Get arrested again or get made bishop someday. If people in a community do not effectively intervene in child abuse, it goes on. Perps get shuffled around and protected all the time.

There are multiple stories out there of mothers who actually observed abuse by husbands, walked out and pretended it never happened.

The one hope for this particular situation is that, having hit the newspaper, the publicity will help get this bleep bleep judge off the bench.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.