Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: still stormy's one and only ( )
Date: May 24, 2011 01:34AM

I was a little worried last night..but it's ok now. We can't just live together because we want to be married. We're in total agreement on that. Considering everything that went on, it really went well. But I'm glad everyone went home. You have no idea how glad.

They will not be invited to my confirmation. My Mom wants to come and I told her no. You won't like seeing me become a Catholic, it'll be way too hard. It's one to know I will be one and another to see the confirmation. Not a good idea. She agreed and so did Dad..he's inactive but Mom isn't. He'll keep her from being a last minute guest. That's the next step. It will private after a mass..with just the boys and my sponsor, a deacon. It won't take long. Then we'll all go out for a nice dinner. Done.

Who knew my sister would act she was on Jerry Springer?

Storm did tell me if she has To be a target for my family members she'll tell me to tell them to back off after she does. Coure I won't have to say a thing, they'll get the message full force. She's put up with way too much from my Mormon family, time for it to be over as I told them the other night. Enough.

I'm surprised she's willingly to stick around for round two. Must be a lucky guy.

Jake

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Quoth the Raven "Nevermo" ( )
Date: May 24, 2011 04:14AM

True love will win in the end.

Yeah...you should count your blessings, that she is willing to put up with such silliness in round two. You must be doing something right!

Posted by: Greyfort ( )
Date: May 24, 2011 08:18AM

I'd say nevermind the family. Just think of your children. I'm sure they're thrilled to be a family again.

If you concentrate on loving one another, and concentrate on your family, then you'll be okay.

The rest of the family are outsiders. If they want to be a part of your lives, then they can act like adults, so that they can be.

Posted by: bignevermo ( )
Date: May 24, 2011 08:21AM

Posted by: AngelCowgirl ( )
Date: May 24, 2011 08:56AM

Yours seems like a real love story, and we're all rootin for y'all!

Posted by: nwmcare ( )
Date: May 24, 2011 09:57AM

You guys need to write a book! This stuff is riveting . . . and it's so full of hope. It's a lesson in how to move from a dysfunctional family to a functional one; what RfM is all about.

Posted by: Rebeckah ( )
Date: May 24, 2011 11:14AM

It was honest and considerate of her feelings while still maintaining your boundaries. Your Mom has to be learning a lot about interpersonal relationships right now just from the example you and Stormy are setting for her. How cool!

:)

Posted by: ExMormonRon ( )
Date: May 24, 2011 11:18AM

I totally respect you guys and enjoy reading your version of a soap opera, but how the hell did you allow this to go to far? I'd have been bitch slapping a few folks along the way, and I don't mean that in a virtual sense.

Just sayin'...

Ron

Posted by: Stormy ( )
Date: May 24, 2011 10:25PM

Jake wouldn't let me and he's bigger than I am..seriously I can't believe I'm being so patient..but I'm working at it. I don't want jake alienated from his family. O know about that and it's not good...

So he's being a doctor tonight I've got the flavor of the week aches, limp..and I'm not a good patient. I want to get up and do things but that's not happening..so I ring my little bell and he appears..with more ice etc got my drink...I'm lucky to have him around.

It's hard to write a book but it's possible might be fun. Il title it mama told not to marry a mormon...who knows.

More rest time.

Stormy

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.