Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Jake ( )
Date: May 24, 2011 10:12AM

For those of you who don't follow this blog, President Paternoster really strikes a chord with his latest post. It's amazing to me how many people actually believe he is a real stake president. Mormons are so funny.

http://stakepresident.blogspot.com/

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: jessica ( )
Date: May 24, 2011 11:13AM

If only Sister Pasternoster would chime in on her blog.
http://sisterpaternoster.blogspot.com/

Posted by: WiserWomanNow ( )
Date: May 24, 2011 11:57AM

Thank you for the link.

I wonder if these two are married to each other IRL?

Date: May 24, 2011 12:09PM

If they are they were definitely meant for each other!

Date: May 24, 2011 11:17AM

BTW, it looks as if he's been "turned in" on his facebook page..hopefully all is well and he is able to continue. I'm anxious to read the next installment..

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: May 24, 2011 11:27AM

Hand-holding next?

I tell you: the Morg has a List of Distractions away from the Basics of Christ-Like living, this is near the top...

OTOH, one spouse should Never Bully their partner... into Anything.

Experimentation? Nothing 'wrong' there!
Morg: Everything Black/White.

Date: May 24, 2011 11:30AM

Personally I'd like to see him tackle the For Strength of Youth pamphlet--I don't think he's done anything specific for the precious youth yet.

Posted by: WiserWomanNow ( )
Date: May 24, 2011 11:55AM

Funniest lines IMO:

“The Lord's loving condemnation of sin” (“Loving condemnation”? –That’s an oxymoron)

“A happy marriage is based on controlled and disciplined intimate behavior”

Posted by: AIC ( )
Date: May 24, 2011 02:19PM

WiserWomanNow Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Funniest lines IMO:
>
> “The Lord's loving condemnation of sin”
> (“Loving condemnation”? –That’s an
> oxymoron)
>
> “A happy marriage is based on controlled and
> disciplined intimate behavior”

Goodness...do they not know? There is therefore no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus! (Romans 8:1)

Golly gee whiz...I would have much more respect for them if they ahad demonstrated a knowledge of the word of God before they meddle in my bedroom

Posted by: imalive ( )
Date: May 24, 2011 12:00PM

I just LOVE following this guy's blog. The sarcasm in it is first rate IMHO.

Posted by: vasalissasdoll ( )
Date: May 24, 2011 12:09PM

Wow...some of the comments from people assuming he's for real are outrageously funny.

Posted by: Red Puppy ( )
Date: May 24, 2011 12:24PM

I'm pretty sure most of the commenters realize it's a parody and are simply playing along. But it's kind of funny to see the few people come in with their eyes closed and say "No! That isn't true! Nobody ever taught that!" But still, some of the parody comments are almost as good as the Pres'!

"Back to the topic at hand....I too have had to deal with unnatural urges in my own marriage. The first incident was actually the very evening of our sealing in the Holy Temple. After a brief calling reception held underneath the hoop on the church's basketball court (how romantic), we headed down the street to a local hotel. I was tired so I quickly prepared for bed. After I had read my scriptures and said my prayers, I was shocked to see my wife enter the room in a little black bra and lacy panties. As I had just been reading about the trappings of Sodom and Gomorrah in the second most correct book on earth, I was sickened to my stomach. I wasted no time chastising my young wife (only 18) for falling so easily into worldy temptation. She was very confused and told me that she thought we would be having sex. I reminded her that we had already discussed our plans to wait until she was 19 to attempt conception and that any sex outside of that righteous pursuit was more driven by worldly lust and pleasure. Soon she was back in her wholesome garments and sniffling quietly to herself as she turned out the lamp. I was grateful that my wife had been to the temple earlier that week or else she might not have known that she had to obey my righteous counsel. It's amazing how the Lord works through his holy prophets and the teachings of the temple to strengthen relationships."

and

"I completely agree with the Brethren that oral sex is unnatural. For the same reason, I don't brush my teeth, comb my hair, bathe, cut my hair, or wear a bra."

Posted by: rogertheshrubber ( )
Date: May 24, 2011 02:25PM

I agree that the only real TBMs are the ones who get extremely angry.

Date: May 24, 2011 01:29PM

Prez, I can't post on your blog for some reason but I wanted to completely agree with anonymous, you made my day! Please we need more!

Posted by: Mormon Observer ( )
Date: May 24, 2011 02:58PM

"We continued with a quote from a good friend of mine Elder Spencer J. Condie who said: "Unfortunately, some married couples fail to realize that sexual experiences were never intended by the Lord to be a mere plaything or merely to satisfy passions and lusts. When couples….participate in unholy practices, what should be a spiritually bonding element in their marriage may actually become a disruptive force.” "

So according to this; sex is only for creation of celestial babies. And according to Bring'em Young men need to do this more than woman, so it naturally stands to reason that men need to have lots of young wives to make lots of babies for God, or tithing to the church.... so sex as a bonding activity to be enjoyed by women and men in a monogamous relationship leads to immorality....
Oh yeah another great celestial plan....
Oh, I think I get it! Sex is for creation only. So the only time a man or woman can justify doing sex is to have kids. So since a guy supposedly wants to do it more often than a woman he needs to have lots of partners.... besides those last few months of pregnancy and after wards caring for kids wears out a woman's need for sex and since she can't get pregnant while pregnant and nursing (supposedly) she shouldn't be having sex. And the guy needs to make all the babies he can for the kingdom of god....

Posted by: Mormon Observer ( )
Date: May 24, 2011 03:00PM

lol!

Posted by: Lucky ( )
Date: May 26, 2011 11:07AM

MORmON ASSpostHOLE speaks in the name of MORmON Jesus
how adultery is possible between partners in marriage
or another instance of why MORmONS should keep their damn mouths shut! stay with the video until the comments of sick pervert John Henry Smith come up

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYsi-r1amY0

Date: May 24, 2011 03:02PM

Prez,
I feel so sick over the reaming you are getting on Facebook. I truly hope that man gets help soon.

Posted by: adoylelb ( )
Date: May 24, 2011 03:04PM

I think the comments by those who think he's real are funny, and it's one reason why I follow that blog.

Posted by: Misfit ( )
Date: May 24, 2011 03:05PM

Someone like JofD could probably give a reference, but I remember reading somewhere that the early polygs like BY actually taught that it was a sin to have sex unless the woman was ovulating. It was likely their justification for the fact that they were hardly ever around for their wives.

Posted by: Anon 123 ( )
Date: May 24, 2011 03:36PM

Steven Colbert of the Mormon Sect.

Posted by: drewmeistercantlogin ( )
Date: May 25, 2011 10:40AM

Thank you for posting the link again. I had seen his blog once or twice before, but lately I've been feeling depressed, I mean real dark depressed. My only real high points of the the last couple days have been playing on his latest blog post as "J. Orson Kimball" beating the hell out of what appears to be a TBM, or an extremely well-orchestrated impersonation by one of us apostates.

So my point is, thank you for taking the time to post the link and pull me from the precipice(sp) of some real dark territory.

Posted by: drewmeistercantlogin ( )
Date: May 25, 2011 10:41AM

P.S. It's almost frightening how easily I can slip back into that martyred, sappy TBM mode, if only just pretend. My mother taught me well I guess.

Posted by: axeldc ( )
Date: May 25, 2011 11:57AM

"Pater Noster" means "Our Father" in Latin and is the common name for the Lord's Prayer. Of course, the most Mormons would not get that reference.

PATER NOSTER, qui es in caelis, sanctificetur nomen tuum. Adveniat regnum tuum. Fiat voluntas tua, sicut in caelo et in terra. Panem nostrum quotidianum da nobis hodie, et dimitte nobis debita nostra sicut et nos dimittimus debitoribus nostris. Et ne nos inducas in tentationem, sed libera nos a malo. Amen.

Date: May 26, 2011 09:59AM

Date: May 25, 2011 02:00PM

I want to know who some of these folks are! Brigham Taft Pratt are you here? If so, your comments are cracking me up!

Posted by: paternoster ( )
Date: May 26, 2011 09:23AM

drewmeistercantlogin, I feel compelled to take this opportunity to warn against the temptation of pretending to be someone online that you are not.

Jessica I need some advice from a faithful sister. I understand it's a holiday weekend in the US. In your most humble opinion should I post my newest blog entry on "How the church is completely up front with where tithing goes" before or after the long weekend?

Date: May 26, 2011 09:58AM

That is so exciting! I cannot WAIT to see it.

That comment about pretending is so wise, President.

I am cracking up over here!

Date: May 26, 2011 10:22AM

Prez,
As much as I would like to see your latest post and believe me I am hanging on every word, LOL, wait til Monday or Tuesday for the best effect.

Date: May 26, 2011 10:25AM

PS: Sister Pasternoster can post something before though..I'd really like to see more from her.

Posted by: paternoster ( )
Date: May 26, 2011 11:08AM

Alright, Tuesday it is then. I don't like it when Sister Paternoster posts though as it undermines my power and authority.

Date: May 26, 2011 11:11AM

Respect your Authoritay!

Date: May 26, 2011 11:12AM

With your blessing, I'm sure she'd give up mums some great advice. Maybe she can help us with the For Strength of Youth concerns, being YW president and all.

Date: May 26, 2011 11:13AM

us, not up..sorry having trouble typing.

Posted by: Lucky ( )
Date: May 26, 2011 12:03PM

Without its follow up/ glorified & perfected version of itself, that being

"Stake Pres gives advice on intimacy in marriage... and gets kicked in the face"

Date: May 26, 2011 12:05PM

Date: May 26, 2011 12:39PM

Prez,
I've faithfully prayed and feel I can share why I feel so strongly about the youth (without giving away who I am).

Recently a YW's leader came to meet my daughter, she had nothing but nice things to say and really tried hard to make my daughter feel welcome. One concern we had though was the leader made the comment that my daughter can come to her for anything, if she doesn't feel like she can talk to her parents, that she had a confidential "friend" at church. She also explained the YW's program is inspired of God, is not just another after school activity or a supplement to the family but is in fact a replacement for the family.

Her words greatly disturbed me, because we have taught our daughter to trust us and not lie to us and she has not let us down in this regard. We also feel family is first and foremost in raising children, isn't that the whole purpose of motherhood? When did YW's replace being a mother?

I really really hope Sister Pasternoster can shed some light on this in her blog. I have been troubled for some time. My daughter is extremely intelligent and has many goals for her life. She is confused about the conflicting things she hears at home vs what she hears at church. One week she came home and asked: "they have taught us not to trust in wealth or intelligence, I understand the wealth part but what's wrong with intelligence? Doesn't God want us to learn new things? Why am I in school if I don't need to learn anything?"

I am sure with 12 children, you and Sister Pasternoster must have had some girls? Or if Sister Pasternoster is YW's president, she's run into this counsel from leaders?

Thank you,
Jessica

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.