Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: memikeyounot ( )
Date: July 19, 2017 01:58PM

I’ve mentioned here before that I work part-time in a parking garage in downtown SLC, about 2 blocks from the center of all that is TSCC. I was at a stop light, never-ending in SLC these days and noticed a group of people heading towards TRAX/Front Runner Station.

One guy in particular drew my attention. He was in his 40’s, mostly bald (not that there’s anything wrong with that). He was dressed in typical TSCC outfit, dark pants, short sleeve white shirt.

He had a backpack, full to the brim and in one hand, or over his shoulder a messenger bag and then in his other hand, a triple combination(is that what they are called?) one of those large sets. I don’t know if he carries that much every day, but it seemed like he was really overdoing his load. I don’t know if he has the much everyday or that was something special, but at 98 degrees and that nasty wind, I’d have made an effort to not carry that much stuff.

Just an opinion :)

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: kak75 aka kak57 ( )
Date: July 19, 2017 02:45PM

The person you saw carrying a boatload of stuff might have had no choice about the backpack or the shoulder bag, but the large-sized Triple Combination....he could have carried a smaller copy but maybe he needed large print. Would a tablet do for that? Some people are just that way with an emotional need to carry too much with them.

I was in Salt Lake City June 21-26, 2017, to attend a convention and found the weather hot most days.

Carrying a conference shoulder bag and my shoulder purse was an ordeal for a few times walking a few blocks when not taking the UTA light rail.

Saturday, June 24th, I walked from the convention center a few blocks and ducked into a Deseret Book store at City Creek to check it out. Interestingly, it featured several copies of the 1830 Book of Mormon for hundred of dollars for a current-day reprint. They were amazingly like the original edition, age and all. (Nothing like this in my home's Deseret Book store.)

After an hour or so browsing, I walked the several blocks back to the hotel, again in insufferably hot temps, and it seemed forever before reaching the hotel. Yes, the UTA light rail was an option, but I thought I needed the exercise. :-(

The morning of the last day was already insufferably hot pulling the rolling suitcase, wearing the stuffed heavy backpack and purse to catch the UTA light rail to the airport.

Posted by: bishop Rick ( )
Date: July 19, 2017 07:19PM

Posted by: thingsithink ( )
Date: July 20, 2017 12:46AM

funny enough, it does

Posted by: thingsithink ( )
Date: July 20, 2017 12:48AM

maybe these guys are arranging for some type of an exchange. somethings going down. who can crack this?

Posted by: Still Here ( )
Date: July 19, 2017 11:12PM

I read that subject line as "Downton Salt Lake City". Someone should write a Mormoncentric parody of Downton Abbey.

Posted by: moremany ( )
Date: July 20, 2017 05:27PM

All burdens aren't born on purpose or equally or consistently. Maybe he was going somewhere. Maybe he had something to do or take somewhere. Maybe that was just his load that moment or perhaps he had some goods he needed to get somewhere.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.