Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: azsteve ( )
Date: July 21, 2017 11:17PM

My friends and I used to play the music at most of our youth dances and then, the young adult dances as we got older. We were just graduating highschool when our stake center was outfitted with a new large satellite dish and a large projection TV screen so everyone could see the church leaders from Salt Lake speak to us in the chapel on Conference Sundays. Back then, no one had large screens like that because they were hugely expensive.

My friend's dad was in the bishopric and had master keys to the building. So we took his dad's keys with us to get in where all of the equipment was to play the music at the church dances. It wasn't long after the satellite dish went in, until we started playing MTV videos from the stage at the dances. It seemed almost sacreligious to see Billy Idol with no shirt on, doing the rebel yell on that big screen that was intended for use only to watch the leaders speak to the congregations. Everyone loved it until the local leaders found out and put an end to it.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: messygoop ( )
Date: July 22, 2017 03:03AM

YSA dances were largely awkward. Mostly a lot of wall sitting until a group of girls began to dance by themselves. Adult dances at the stake were even worse. They refused to play common slow dance songs due to the church's banned music list; ie Cyndi Lauper - Time After Time. This was a sweetheart dance for Valentines.

Options: ReplyQuote
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.