Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Agnes Broomhead ( )
Date: July 24, 2017 05:33PM

Does Mr. Burr have any inside information on all this?

https://sites.google.com/site/lethbridgestakechanges2017/

This is all on a posting at r*ddit exmormon I just discovered.
Maybe we should let him take over this thread and get to the bottom of this.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: smirkorama ( )
Date: July 24, 2017 05:49PM

.......those wards are being eliminated and consolidated because THE (MORmON) church is growing at such a rapid (explosive) rate in that area. That is the official MORmON explanation.

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: July 24, 2017 05:51PM

Well, the first thing I noticed is that Lethbridge has renamed one stake. It's called the "North" stake...which is kind of weird as it's mostly on Lethbridge's west side (Lethbridge is divided east/west by the Oldman River Valley and north/south by the Crowsnest Trail freeway and CPR railroad tracks). I see no information as to who the new stake president will be or what other personnel changes are in place. Will check back with more info as I find it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/24/2017 06:00PM by Lethbridge Reprobate.

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: July 24, 2017 06:14PM

This was posted on the Lethbridge Stake facebook page.

Dear Brothers and Sisters,
Next Sunday, July 23 church boundaries in Lethbridge and Taber will be substantially reorganized. " Other important announcements will be made."
Every member of each and every ward in LETHBRIDGE is invited and strongly encouraged to attend a Tri-Stake Meeting at the Enmax Center next Sunday, July 23 rd [Taber Stake to insert it’s own logistics here]
The meeting at the Enmax Centre will begin promptly at 10 AM. Doors will open at 9 AM. The Enmax Centre is located on Scenic Drive South at 24 th Street South, adjacent to the Lethbridge Stake Centre.
Home teachers and visiting teachers are asked to contact, inform and invite each of those you are assigned to home and visit teach to be present for next Sunday’s 10 AM meeting.
EACH OF YOU are also requested to arrive at least 30 to 45 minutes early to receive important information for you or for you and your family. When you enter the concourse of the Enmax Centre you will need to locate a table with your ward’s name on it to receive information for you or your family before the meeting begins. Young Single Adult wards boundaries will remain as they are so there is no need for YSA to search for a table with a young single adult ward name.
Next Sunday’s regular church meetings have been cancelled to accommodate this special tri-stake meeting. No other meetings will be scheduled for the day.
We look forward to gathering with you next Sunday morning at 10 AM AT THE ENMAX Centre.
Sincerely,
Elder James E. Evanson, Area Seventy, North America Central Area
Douglas Atwood, President, Lethbridge West Stake
Cameron D. MacLennan, President, Lethbridge Stake
David Stewart, President, Lethbridge East Stake
Mark A. Baldry, President, Taber Stake

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/24/2017 06:14PM by Lethbridge Reprobate.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: July 24, 2017 07:20PM

Church authorities cancelled the regular meetings? Wow, that was big of them. lol

Posted by: Honest TBM ( )
Date: July 24, 2017 06:30PM

Once I get caught up on all my sacred responsibilities, such as scrubbing the chapel bathroom toilets so Heavenly Father can save money by not hiring janitors, I will have to do some homework on this subject. But for the time being I'm obviously way too busy to do so thanks to the important responsibilities we have that keep us so busy like the honeybees in a Jaredite barge.

I'm reminded today of the sacred words of the holy leader Dietr Uchtdorf as follows:

"Why Would Anyone Join Such a Church? At a time when many churches throughout the world are experiencing significant decreases in numbers, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints—though small in comparison with many others—is one of the fastest growing churches in the world."

https://www.lds.org/general-conference/2013/10/come-join-with-us?lang=eng

How marvelous a blessing it is to be part of such a true, honest, and straightforward organization :)

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: July 24, 2017 06:56PM

Honest TBM Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> How marvelous a blessing it is to be part of such
> a true, honest, and straightforward organization
> :)

Why, I think Transparency is their Middle Name!

Wasn't it Gord 'The Liar' Hinckley who told us that Church History Is An OPEN BOOK, WE HAVE NOTHING TO HIDE...

(gag reflex, followed by wretching)

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.