Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: relievedtolearn ( )
Date: July 30, 2017 11:56PM

the Wendy's restaurant marquee says, "Welcome back, Elders John Christensen and David Jensen" on one side, and "Good luck, Elder Craig Sorensen" on the other.

Wow.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: notmonotloggedin ( )
Date: July 31, 2017 12:02AM

Posted by: caffiend ( )
Date: July 31, 2017 12:04AM

Three names ending "--sen."

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: July 31, 2017 01:03AM

Good one ! *LOL*

Date: July 31, 2017 08:49AM

Well, I made the names up; the rest is true.

Posted by: JBF ( )
Date: July 31, 2017 05:16AM

You get to a drive-up window, the window opens, and the person there ask: "What is wanted?"

Date: July 31, 2017 08:49AM

LOL

Posted by: edzachery ( )
Date: August 04, 2017 09:07AM

JBF Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> You get to a drive-up window, the window opens,
> and the person there ask: "What is wanted?"

edzachery, having been hungry and thirsty in all things, desires further sustenance of the chicken nugget "Joseph's Wife's Meal."

Present yourself at the second window and your request shall be granted.

Posted by: steve benson ( )
Date: July 31, 2017 07:26AM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/31/2017 07:31AM by steve benson.

Posted by: sunbeep ( )
Date: July 31, 2017 09:06AM

It's a common thing in St. George to welcome the missionaries home on local business marquees. The market in Santa Clara especially does this all the time as well as the Ace store on Bluff.

Posted by: valkyriequeen ( )
Date: July 31, 2017 09:42AM

When you're in a restaurant and the people around you are talking about "stakes", not "steaks"

Posted by: Drew90 ( )
Date: August 03, 2017 12:01PM

Or you get excited about going to the local steak center everybody is talking about. Only to find out it's just a stake center church

Posted by: mankosuki ( )
Date: July 31, 2017 10:06AM

The main road into and out of your subdivision has lawn signs, or even signs hung on stops signs reminding you that it's "Homemaking Night".

Posted by: MeM ( )
Date: July 31, 2017 10:33AM

The bride is probably not pregnant but her mother probably is.

Posted by: cynful ( )
Date: July 31, 2017 10:50AM

MeM Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The bride is probably not pregnant but her mother
> probably is.

Mind boggling... ugh.

Posted by: BYU Boner ( )
Date: July 31, 2017 06:31PM

You bear your testimony to get a driver's license.

Posted by: numbersRus ( )
Date: July 31, 2017 06:35PM

drivers bear their testimony while handing the local law enforcement their license, registration and Temple Recommend.

Posted by: SusieQ#1 ( )
Date: July 31, 2017 06:34PM

I've seen that kind of sign at all kinds of restaurants in UT.

This is the state that the old advice was to show your temple recommend before your license when pulled over by a cop!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/31/2017 06:35PM by SusieQ#1.

Posted by: MeM ( )
Date: July 31, 2017 06:42PM

The U.S. Forest Service spends a million dollars constructing a fire line around your mountain town, but when the forest fire happens and the flames stop at the edge of town it's because of your faith & prayers.

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: July 31, 2017 07:48PM

I saw a billboard in Utah advertising a mystery novel. It said: At Last a Clean Thriller!

Posted by: Whiskeytango ( )
Date: August 03, 2017 11:54AM

Because that's what I have been waiting for.

Posted by: Krokus ( )
Date: August 01, 2017 02:12PM

...Jews become gentiles.

Posted by: Done & Done ( )
Date: August 01, 2017 03:55PM

. . . using your signal on the freeway is giving away your game plan.

Posted by: CA girl ( )
Date: August 03, 2017 12:28PM

LOL - literally. That was a good one. My husband and I joke that Utah's freeway model is "get the hell out of my way - I'm going to be a God some day." I think someone on this board originated that but we use it all the time.

Posted by: cinda ( )
Date: August 01, 2017 05:41PM

You hear someone referring to a rude or thoughtless person as 'ignernt'

Posted by: bluebutterfly ( )
Date: August 02, 2017 12:52PM

....all the women are wearing shorts down to their knees.

Posted by: schweizerkind ( )
Date: August 02, 2017 12:57PM

Posted by: Jonny the Smoke ( )
Date: August 02, 2017 02:02PM

You look out your window and the air is brown.

You see a minivan pull up and 10 siblings all under age 9 pile out of it.......10 minutes later you see the mom come back for the one she forgot.

When you see a mom and dad let their pack of kids run wild, screaming through the restaurant, while they give you a dirty look for ordering a glass of wine with your dinner.

When you see a guy pulled over on the side of the road handing his temple recommend to the police officer.

When the priesthood holder that molested your family member is sitting in sacrament meeting a week after it happened, accepting a call as the new Young Men's leader.

When a total stranger walks up to you and asks "what ward are you in?"

When none of your children's school mates are allowed to come over and play with your kids, and your kids aren't invited to play with them.

When someone you used to attend church with see's you in the store and quickly ducks away so they don't have to interact with you.

Posted by: JBF ( )
Date: August 02, 2017 02:03PM

You go inside a fast food restaurant to order and you see a curtain over the ordering window and a metal pole with a small hammer attached in front of it.

You then read a sign that says: to order bang hammer on pole 3 times.

You do so and then a hand opens the curtain a little ways and a person asks: "What is wanted?"

Posted by: druid ( )
Date: August 02, 2017 04:29PM

You see a sign on the outskirts of town that says "United Nations Outlawed in this town" (LaVerkin, Utah actually)

Posted by: Rameumptom ( )
Date: August 02, 2017 05:44PM

You know you are in Morridor when BYOB on an invitation to a cookout means bring your own beef(or other item for the grill), instead of bring your own beer(or booze or bottle).

Posted by: catnip ( )
Date: August 03, 2017 01:41AM

Our cats have one of those carpet-covered kitty condos where the first floor is a square box with a hole in it, where the cats can hide if they wish. Going up from that is a post covered with thin rope. On top of that is a shallow box with sides. It contains two cats, very cozily.

My deeply inactive TBM DH began referring to this thing years ago as "the cats' Rameumptom." And so it remains, unless we shorten it to "The Umptom."

Gotta love that quasi-Mo humor!!

Posted by: CA girl ( )
Date: August 03, 2017 12:26PM

You can use your temple recommend as ID if you forget your ID. I did this once when I went shopping and took my credit card but forgot my driver's license. I had left it out of my wallet for some reason. But the Provo store wanted ID for me to use my credit card and accepted my temple recommend as proof they weren't getting ripped off.

Posted by: PDX ( )
Date: August 04, 2017 03:19AM

You are in a public local government meeting and the elected officials keep addressing each other by their Church titles, e.g., Bishop, President, Counselor.

Posted by: Done & Done ( )
Date: August 04, 2017 11:09AM

This. This one is truly maddening. It is "peeing on the pole" and making sure everyone knows who is in the "in crowd" and who isn't.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: August 04, 2017 09:27AM

The local news carries a story about the latest temple opening or reopening, with a requisite interview with a young child saying how excited s/he is to see "President So-and-So".

The local state alcoholic beverage center is in an out of the way location, and does not carry a corkscrew.

Mormons act like they've never heard of major, public facilities that have nothing to do with the church, much less be able to tell you how to get there.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/04/2017 09:27AM by summer.

Posted by: cludgie ( )
Date: August 04, 2017 10:16AM

When people say "slippery-slide," "flipper-crutch," and "O, my heck!."

("Yeah, they're hicks, Rita.")

Posted by: Bamboozled ( )
Date: August 04, 2017 10:35AM

When trying to get into an R rated movie a temple recommend is used as proof of age.

Posted by: memikeyounot ( )
Date: August 04, 2017 02:08PM

When I lived in Las Vegas, I went to Home Depot, way out west on Lamb Blvd a couple of times.

Across the road from HD is a Golden Corral Buffet restaurant and I admit to having gone there at least once.

One time, I was going to HD and saw on the sign out front of the Golden Corral, “Welcome Home, Elder XXXXXX”. Las Vegas is very Mormon, although putting that on a sign did surprise me.

And let’s say, if that was 5 years ago approximately, by now he’s married and has at least one kid, if not two.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.